What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Walker

Brimmer

Juniors
News is,

Andrew Walker has tested positive for coccaine. Early news but apparantly he has already told the club his intentions of retiring.

Geez... What a blow....

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
No one can do anything for Walker, he has to take ownership. The Dragons, Roosters & Brumbies tried and failed.

A talented player who never reached his potential. Yep, what a waste.

Yes and all he needs is another club to give up on him and throw him away - I'm not saying they should give him all the time in the world but what I am saying is I hope they at least try to assist him in some of his issues instead of saying you stuffed up your quitting thanks for your time theres the door!

It is clear he needs help there is no doubt about that not just for himself but more so for his families benifit!

t-ba

Post Whore
who to play at 5/8th?

**ENTERS JYE MULLANE!**

Nup. Jye's being turned into a centre.

Lennon and Halden have the opportunity to prove themselves this weekend and possibly the next. If they don't, Willow was magnificent at 5/8 in 2002 and was very solid in the first 20 minutes of the Dragons and Storm Clashes.

Whereever a turnstyle closes, a window of opportunity opens up.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Oz Yid's Tigers said:
they can have ben reynolds if they want

He is a halfback not a 5/8th and the Tigers will be using him next year and he is a handy player to have on the playing roster

Mr Saab

Referee
i feel sorry for manly. You lack a ball player. How about i give Stu Kelly and S Minto to Manly..i am sure they would be able to play 5/8!

Anonymous

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
No one can do anything for Walker, he has to take ownership. The Dragons, Roosters & Brumbies tried and failed.

A talented player who never reached his potential. Yep, what a waste.

Yes and all he needs is another club to give up on him and throw him away - I'm not saying they should give him all the time in the world but what I am saying is I hope they at least try to assist him in some of his issues instead of saying you stuffed up your quitting thanks for your time theres the door!

It is clear he needs help there is no doubt about that not just for himself but more so for his families benifit!

Well said Phil. Walker does need to take ownership. But that doesn't mean Manly shouldn't help him.

t-ba

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
i feel sorry for manly. You lack a ball player. How about i give Stu Kelly and S Minto to Manly..i am sure they would be able to play 5/8!

Monaghan. Missed a 1/3 of the season, polled 9th in the Dally M's...Ya heard of him? Pulled us out of the muck and got us well clear of the spoon. All he needs is a good supporting cast at 5/8.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Breaking news, just heard on the Radio that Andrew Walker has tested positive for Cocaine. If this is true he could face a two year ban, shesh, I thought he had troubles with the booz when playing with The Dragons and Union... What a joke if its true, anyone confirm it???

Troy

The Colonel

Immortal
The person has to want to be helped however. Manly will help him, there are some switched on people out there and I'm sure they'll try at least. His history of addiction isn't good but hopefully he realises this time.....

Lets all laugh at manly again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and that fat gronk peters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
i reckon Walker's just unlucky. people these days are taking all kinds of shit at raves and whatever on saturday nights, and boasting about it too. and i know too many junkie parents in real life to be overly concerned about Walker's kids in particular. not that i don't feel for them, its just that i see it as just another sad story, rather than the only sad story.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NRL.com:

Walker tests positive to drugs
24 September 2004

The National Rugby League and the Manly Sea Eagles have today confirmed that Andrew Walker has returned a positive test for cocaine in an ASDA post game random drug test.

The matter will now be referred to the NRL Drugs Tribunal who would be expected to meet to hear the matter as soon as is practical.

The player has yet to have the ‘B’ sample for the test confirmed but has conceded that he does not dispute the test.

The NRL policy provides for a 2-year ban in relation to stimulants unless the NRL Drug Tribunal is satisfied that the offence was not intended to involve or conceal any performance enhancement.

Andrew has informed the NRL of his intention to retire.

“People must understand that we cannot comment on any further details of the case at this stage,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“This is a sad individual circumstance but also a reflection of the NRL’s ongoing commitment to the most rigorous testing programme in Australian sport.”

Latest posts