What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Webster Coach. Stacey & Campion assistants.

Rich102

Staff member
Sorry. I thought Campion was confirmed. Now I find out he isn't.
My confidence just dropped a notch.

Blair

Coach
I'm feeling OK because Webster is new to it all and it could be the start of something good.

Do we have a get out of clause now Des available?
Who wouldn't swap the Sydney northern beaches for Auckland's ummm ummm, harbour!

We need stability
I liked some of the things Stacey did in his time in charge and he knows the DNA required. Campion im hesitant due to his inexperiance expecially when we have a rookie 1st grade Coach

JJ

Immortal
quality is what we need, I’m only happy with stability if it’s associated with quality

Newcastle might be another place for Des. Us, Dogs and probably the Tigpies need to stay on our current courses…

quality is what we need, I’m only happy with stability if it’s associated with quality

Newcastle might be another place for Des. Us, Dogs and probably the Tigpies need to stay on our current courses…
Current course......
Titanic.jpg

Dog got the "it" guy in the media circles as the next great coach.
Tigers got a proven coach, even though they pulled him out of the museum to teach Benji.
We got a guy no one was talking about getting a job anywhere!
I always hope to be terribly wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, lets make ourselves look like ever more of a rabble than Manly by sacking the current coach before he's even stepped through the door.
He wouldn't come, but to have a NRL premiership winning coach would be handy vs the continued experiment with assistance coaches from successful clubs.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Current course......
View attachment 67348

Dog got the "it" guy in the media circles as the next great coach.
Tigers got a proven coach, even though they pulled him out of the museum to teach Benji.
We got a guy no one was talking about getting a job anywhere!
I always hope to be terribly wrong.
I am not saying your wrong - but hasrsh to sack someone before they've coached a game... Us and the Tigpies have big questions

Des is clearly a good coach, but perhaps a control freak with little evidence suggesting he's good at the stuff beyond coaching tbh