What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Carney To the Roosters

SilentAssassin

Juniors
canberra offered a 2yr deal around $200k per season from what I've heard.

I'd say the roosters are offering about $225-250

:lol: If that's true then the Raiders should be thanking the Roosters for taking him for that price. Dragons signed Brett Morris for that kind of money.

Raider_69

Post Whore
200k a year is what Carney wanted
we offered less than that, how far above the Raiders offer did the roosters go?
I imagine he got his 200k because he freely said it was all about the money and if he didnt get his money he'd wait until he's back in FG to prove his value

so reading the situation, the roosters are paying 200k minimum
Which is huge overs and i thank them for it... gamble that im not sure will come off

THIS IS TOTALLY f**kED HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN OUR TEAM ALL YEAR FURNES FAULT TO ANNOYED TO READ ABOVE COMMENTS SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED!

also sorry 4 caps

are you p*ss taking?

He snapped both bones in his leg last year, he came back well over his playing weight and only recently stated that he was only now nearing the required fitness. There is no way he was able to play FG.

Lime_Green

Juniors
:lol: nice one!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

the guy hasnt played FG in nearly a year, he's not in our top sqaud, he's coming off the back of a horrendous injury from which he may never fully recover, his future lays in the back row and for all of this, he was asking for 200k?

As far as im concerned, good luck to him and the roosters. They paid overs for him. If he comes good, its a nice gamble, if it doesnt they are stuck with an over-priced reggie for a few years

I agree.

Carney had a few good games back in 2008, but he's not worth crying over.

He's destined to be a backrower, and we have a pile of those.

I'm happy to hear the Roosters are stocking up on our discards, increases the chances they won't be able to afford our cream.

Raider_69

Post Whore
exactly mate
the more they throw at a guy like Carney, the less they can throw at Dugan
He'll if it helps, we'll throw Reece Robinson, or Michael Brophey, how about Troy Thompson? Make it a real Raiders affair... how's Cheese burgers Naughton going? Due for more money?

The more the better

Tommy Smith

Referee
Rather than launching a scathing attack on our club for being well run and recruiting the players we need, perhaps you guys should spend more of your energy criticising your own inept admin for consistently mismanaging your player retention/recruitment.

This game has to be run like a business to succeed. We're Microsoft. You're Enron. So if you really want to build a better future be sure to solve your own inadequacies first, rather than crying because other clubs are run far better...

That's the reality of it. You get no lovey dovey points for being fortunate enough to have a massive junior base...

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Bugger. I rate Carney as a great player, and wouldn't have minded seeing him in a Cowboys jersey at all. At least he'd be acclimatised to the QLD weather after this year.

I do agree that the roosters contribute very little to the modern NRL. Yes, they are a foundation club, but they have almost no junior base and the latte-sipping yuppies in the Eastern Suburbs aren't a huge supporter base.

Since when does playing once a week up here and then hopping back on a plane make him acclimatised?

Edwahu

Bench
Rather than launching a scathing attack on our club for being well run and recruiting the players we need, perhaps you guys should spend more of your energy criticising your own inept admin for consistently mismanaging your player retention/recruitment.

This game has to be run like a business to succeed. We're Microsoft. You're Enron. So if you really want to build a better future be sure to solve your own inadequacies first, rather than crying because other clubs are run far better...

That's the reality of it. You get no lovey dovey points for being fortunate enough to have a massive junior base...

Yep, you guys really are a benchmark lol

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I would cop it and all but you get the old Roosters brigade going on about us signing Shillington when 99% of the Roosters fan base wanted him gone and he was behind a collection of hacks.

bloo bloo bloo way to judge talent f**kwits.

matt

Juniors
I have been very dissapointed in Dugans progression,he looks like a slug TBH,

easy come easy go TBH.

Serious question, have the roosters been lobbying for an increase in junior areas so they can resemble an actual club or are they content to throw the bank at everyone that starts to show ability?

TheDalek079

Bench
Other than Pearce, Myles, Anasta and Carney who do you think in our squad is on big money?

Pez - 330k
SKD - 410k
Linnett -270k
Graham - 230k
Naughton - 180k
Masoe - 500k
Jaubs -280k
Maubs - 350k
Kennedy -280k
Conn - 280k
Foran -190k
Guerra - 220k

We're well over the limit:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Zadar

Juniors
shillo,plum,logan, have been taken by raiders, phil graham was unwanted by the faders, carney was de registered cos faders offered no guidance, i dont see that as rooster poaching, canberra are the original salary cap cheats from the early 90's begging for handouts to keep them in the comp, and as for locals in grand final winning teams, im sure mal,walters,belcher,jackson,coyne,daley,pongia,wiki, nagas nadruku all consider themselves local juniors.

TimW05

Juniors
shillo,plum,logan, have been taken by raiders, phil graham was unwanted by the faders, carney was de registered cos faders offered no guidance, i dont see that as rooster poaching, canberra are the original salary cap cheats from the early 90's begging for handouts to keep them in the comp, and as for locals in grand final winning teams, im sure mal,walters,belcher,jackson,coyne,daley,pongia,wiki, nagas nadruku all consider themselves local juniors.

he was bought from the esl.. not you grubs..

shillo you tossed out the door and plum you released mid season.. cause you wanted them so much hey

as for the rest of that post you have nfi..

belcher and mal came from souths brisbane or logan brothers.. our feeder clubs
daley came from the junee diesels as a 16 year old..
wiki and nagas we recruited..
nadruku we talent spotted from a 7's comp..

f**k get a f**king clue

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member

Seriously, this is why handicapped people shouldn't be allowed to post on forums.

Get a clue you f**king halfwit.

adamkungl

Immortal
I would cop it and all but you get the old Roosters brigade going on about us signing Shillington when 99% of the Roosters fan base wanted him gone and he was behind a collection of hacks.

bloo bloo bloo way to judge talent f**kwits.

Meh, I didn't rate Shillington then and don't care that he's gone. But don't give us the "Raiders don't sign players routine" because its straight out bullsh*t, and the fans opinions on those players is entirely irrelevant.

Zadar

Juniors
he was bought from the esl.. not you grubs..

shillo you tossed out the door and plum you released mid season.. cause you wanted them so much hey

as for the rest of that post you have nfi..

belcher and mal came from souths brisbane or logan brothers.. our feeder clubs
daley came from the junee diesels as a 16 year old..
wiki and nagas we recruited..
nadruku we talent spotted from a 7's comp..

f**k get a f**king clue

hahaha, so no locals as i said, should move the whole camp up there and become brisbanes second team, a one city town that struggles to get 10k crowd, and majority of them are given away by the unions, as always i expect there to be louder cheering from the rooster fans than the raiders this weekend and close to 50/50 supporters, hahahahahaha

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
canberra offered a 2yr deal around $200k per season from what I've heard.

I'd say the roosters are offering about $225-250

Impartial observer. I hate the Roosters as much as anyone here, but those figures you are throwing about - Dreamin'

200k for a second year player returning from a long term injury. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Latest posts