What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Carney To the Roosters

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
the other thing, the roosters are a parasite of a club
no juniors, no development, no fans, no crowds and they offer nothing to the NRL. Nor do their fans in life in general

Id rather never win a comp than have to look at myself in the mirror as a rooster fan. Imagine the embarrassment of being the leagues oldest club that offers nothing to anyone

Pretty sure they offered something to Carney & The Stunt Driver.

TimW05

Juniors
hahaha, so no locals as i said, should move the whole camp up there and become brisbanes second team, a one city town that struggles to get 10k crowd, and majority of them are given away by the unions, as always i expect there to be louder cheering from the rooster fans than the raiders this weekend and close to 50/50 supporters, hahahahahaha

f**k your an idiot..

1) its called player development.. wheres the roosters player development?
2) struggles my ass.. our average is like 13k.. coming from a supporter of a team thats struggled to get 7000
3) the unions dont give them away... they offer them at discounted price.. which is still $15 for sh*t seats anyway
4) good on em.. nothing wrong with a 50/50 crowd.. more disappointed faces to laugh at on the way out..

Last edited:

TimW05

Juniors
Impartial observer. I hate the Roosters as much as anyone here, but those figures you are throwing about - Dreamin'

200k for a second year player returning from a long term injury. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

thats what we wanted and wouldnt of walked if they didnt offer him about that..

as has been stated he was all about the money.. loyalty didnt mean sh*t to him

TheDalek079

Bench
1) its called player development.. wheres the roosters player development?

Perrett, SKD, Pearce, Maubs, Symonds, Jones, Masoe, Minichiello, Cherrington, Friend, Kennedy, Paea.....the list goes on and on

We had Shillo in 2002 (perhaps earlier). We had been developing him since then. We had him in development for 7 years before your mob came along and offered him 350k a season

legend

Coach
JWH would be on decent coin, Ryles would easily be on 300k and I doubt Mini plays at a discounted rate.

So you have Carney, Anasta, Mini, JWH, Myles, Ryles and Pearce all earning good $$$.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Rather than launching a scathing attack on our club for being well run and recruiting the players we need, perhaps you guys should spend more of your energy criticising your own inept admin for consistently mismanaging your player retention/recruitment.

This game has to be run like a business to succeed. We're Microsoft. You're Enron. So if you really want to build a better future be sure to solve your own inadequacies first, rather than crying because other clubs are run far better...

That's the reality of it. You get no lovey dovey points for being fortunate enough to have a massive junior base...

:lol: Funniest thing I've ever heard.......you turkey.

If all the clubs were like the Roosters we'd have a competition akin to the Over-30's Woman's Aussie Rules comp in Darwin.

There would be zero junior development. All the kids would be playing other sports growing up because there would be no junior comp.

The Roosters take advantage of everyone elses hard work and steal all their juniors so they can put on a show for their 200 fans.

If you want to make a business comparison I'd say that the NRL is BP and the Roosters are the huge f*cking oil spill.

TheDalek079

Bench
Mini has played about 20 games in the last 4 seasons, with very poor form. No way he is on a good wage. If he is, then he won't be re-signed and that money can be used on other players for next season

JWH would be on decent coin, Ryles would easily be on 300k and I doubt Mini plays at a discounted rate.

So you have Carney, Anasta, Mini, JWH, Myles, Ryles and Pearce all earning good $$$.

All you're doing is guessing there. JWH, yes. Ryles and Mini, no.

hahaha, so no locals as i said, should move the whole camp up there and become brisbanes second team, a one city town that struggles to get 10k crowd, and majority of them are given away by the unions, as always i expect there to be louder cheering from the rooster fans than the raiders this weekend and close to 50/50 supporters, hahahahahaha

:lol:

you're a deadset muppet. What is with genius roosters fans criticising our crowds? You guys struggle to get past 10k every week.

50/50? Cmon mate your not the dragons or tigers, who both have very strong support in canberra.
80/20 at the absolute best.

Louder? HAHAHAH look no further than round 6 when todd carney touched the ball in SYDNEY. That is a parochial away crowd.

Zadar

Juniors
:lol:

you're a deadset muppet. What is with genius roosters fans criticising our crowds? You guys struggle to get past 10k every week.

50/50? Cmon mate your not the dragons or tigers, who both have very strong support in canberra.
80/20 at the absolute best.

Louder? HAHAHAH look no further than round 6 when todd carney touched the ball in SYDNEY. That is a parochial away crowd.
yeah six monkeys who got there face on tv yelling abuse at carney because your club got rid of him, we just picked up the pieces, like wing souths folded we offered him a home. should be same result as round 6 anyway, crowds for a one team town should be much better than a team which has nine other competitors within a 50km radius, look at cowboys,knights,brisbane and titans, even melbourne get decent crowds considering they compete with AFL, canberra has no competition bar the brumbies for a month of the year.

R2Coupe

Juniors
When looking at expenditure, it is not the documented figures you need to look at but the brown paper bags and wealthy benefactors with the capacity to pay.

Read Andew Webster's article this morning in the Telegraph about Sarah Ferguson's Four Corners Story. Rorting and two high flying Sydney Clubs which fans have had suspicions about for years are targetted.

yeah six monkeys who got there face on tv yelling abuse at carney because your club got rid of him, we just picked up the pieces, like wing souths folded we offered him a home. should be same result as round 6 anyway, crowds for a one team town should be much better than a team which has nine other competitors within a 50km radius, look at cowboys,knights,brisbane and titans, even melbourne get decent crowds considering they compete with AFL, canberra has no competition bar the brumbies for a month of the year.

jeez 6 monkeys managed to stretch themselves across an entire bay at sfs did they?

Our crowds this year have been something like:

14.5 k
10.5 k
11k (freezing monday night)

Whichever way you look at it, there is hardly a problem with our crowds, despite mediocre results.

You guys are in the top 8 and still manage to crack 7-8k crowds sometimes.

I know which id prefer.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

Ok genius, so you want to play the ever-so-redundant "1 team town argument".

Sydney's population is 4.5 million. Canberra's population is 350K.

You do the math.

Unfortunately I don't trust you can, so I'll do it for you.

4.5 million divided by 9 (teams) = 500,000.

So your argument suggest that you have 150,000 more people who could turn up to your games..............but obviously choose not to.

You outline that teams such as the Cowboys, Knights, Broncos and Storm (I'll ignore the fact that Brisbane has a population of 1.8 million and Melbourne 3.9 million, hell even the Gold Coast has 200K more than Canberra) have to compete against AFL (I'm still not exactly sure who you think the Cowboys and Knights compete with) and pretty much write off the Brumbies as competition. A team that pulls 20,000 regularly.

We are all dumber of having read your post.

I take no pride out of having to tell you how utterly stupid you are.

TimW05

Juniors

You do the math.

So your argument suggest that you have 150,000 more people who could turn up to your games..............but obviously choose not to.

You outline that teams such as the Cowboys, Knights, Broncos and Storm (I'll ignore the fact that Brisbane has a population of 1.8 million and Melbourne 3.9 million, hell even the Gold Coast has 200K more than Canberra) have to compete against AFL (I'm still not exactly sure who you think the Cowboys and Knights compete with) and pretty much write off the Brumbies as competition. A team that pulls 20,000 regularly.

you went to way too much effort for that f**kstain

Zadar

Juniors

You do the math.

hahahaha, you cant be to smart yourself when i point out melbourne is competeing against AFL, never said that about the others, which is why i suggest the crowds should be better(like in newcastle), anyway the crowd thing got brought up by a number of fader fans saying that the roosters get no crowds, and if you want to get into particulars about population then for the eastern suburbs the population is roughly 280,000 so as u suggested before, do the math. as for doing nothing for the game, the roosters were the first to bring in sponsorships into our game, along with cheerleaders and with there 12 premierships they are the only club to represent the league since its existance, given the fact that many have gone under or merged is a achievment in itself,(actually what have the raiders done for the game??) management at the faders is a shambles with old man furner causing it for many years now, so if you want to blame the roosters for buying your players(carney and graham both unwanted from your club) then maybe its time to start looking a little bit closer to home.

TimW05

Juniors
hahahaha, you cant be to smart yourself when i point out melbourne is competeing against AFL, never said that about the others, which is why i suggest the crowds should be better(like in newcastle), anyway the crowd thing got brought up by a number of fader fans saying that the roosters get no crowds, and if you want to get into particulars about population then for the eastern suburbs the population is roughly 280,000 so as u suggested before, do the math. as for doing nothing for the game, the roosters were the first to bring in sponsorships into our game, along with cheerleaders and with there 12 premierships they are the only club to represent the league since its existance, given the fact that many have gone under or merged is a achievment in itself,(actually what have the raiders done for the game??) management at the faders is a shambles with old man furner causing it for many years now, so if you want to blame the roosters for buying your players(carney and graham both unwanted from your club) then maybe its time to start looking a little bit closer to home.

we arent lying.. get the stats f**kwit..

and this goes deeper than carney or graham...

Zadar

Juniors
nice to see a prominent roosters voice at the game today and even better seeing carney score the first try and kick that sideline conversion with the crowd against him! well done toddy and thanks for sending the kid to the scrap heap for us faders.

Cryptic

Juniors
yeah six monkeys who got there face on tv yelling abuse at carney because your club got rid of him, we just picked up the pieces

.... No.... We sacked him because he refused to give up drinking and thought he was above the law... No really shock he ended up at the Roosters, he fits in so well... no lube required...

And also shows basically how it works at a higher level too... A club puts years of training into someone, they go rogue, the Roosters pick them up and then claim they did everything...

Oh and as for Shillo, he always WANTED to play for the Raiders and as stated your fans treated him like sh*t...

Cryptic

Juniors
and if you want to get into particulars about population then for the eastern suburbs the population is roughly 280,000

OK so that's 280,000 population surrounded by??? Oh... that would be MORE population... Or don't the Roosters have a single fan who lives outside of the northern subs?

Face it, your club is a heartless sh*t heap who can't even buy a f**king premiership, as your own fans pointed out so well earlier.