What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Carney To the Roosters

Danish

Referee
Ask any roosters supporter from the official site my opinions of him, and you will find that I have always been his no.1 supporter ever since he was in the lower grades at our club.

Shillo is worth twice as much as Carney or Dugan ever will be IMO. He is going to be the starting QLD and Aus prop for the next 5 years minimum. Carney is just a good cheap first grader and Dugan will constantly struggle for any rep honour he earns as he is going to be competing against Hayne

Danish

Referee
sounds like we structure our contracts very poorly compared to most clubs.

I wouldn't say that (although $500K/yr to Campese is looking well overs at present).

Shillo at $350K was expensive at the time, but now is well justified and is likely not going to be enough come his next contract.

Paullyboy

Coach
Oh so we are arguing from your imaginary fairyland where the roosters don't play under a cap??

Tell me this genius. If the roosters don't play under a salary cap, then why have we only won a single premiership in the past 30 years?

You'd think if we were just able to spend cash willy nilly we'd have taken home a few more trophies given the storm walked away with 2 of em in just a 4 year period of cap rorts, and were on track for a 3rd this year no doubt.

The reason you guys haven't taken home more premierships is the same reason the USA Dream Team hasn't won every olympics and it's the same reason the English soccer team always performs so bad at the World Cup - they aren't a team. They are just a collection of people on a lot of money who have only one interest - their bank account. Your club has no heart, they aren't playing for anyone, it's just a money disposal facility. You should rename yourself the ATM's.

And another thing, if we are just some bottomless pit of money for anyone who'll join us, why is it we have as many State of Origin players in 2010 as the Raiders do?? In fact, we have less. Surely our millions of dodgey dollars could have afforded us a better squad?

You currently have very few origin players because of your performances from last year (refer to my point above as to why your team was so crap). Have no fear, you'll have another 6 or 7 players in their next year (all bought legally of course...:roll:)

Our board, including the Packers and Politis, led the charge against the Super League war. We were also instrumental in getting the Bunnies back into the comp.

I understand why you wouldn't want to acknowledge such things though, given your judas club sold their soul for a few magic beans to News Ltd.

Those individuals only fought Super League (thus creating a war) because they would have finally been kicked out of the game. It's much like the wankers that are currently blocking the Independant Commission, they are only fighting it because they don't want to lose their junket. If you think they even considered the sport of rugby league, you are as brainwashed as an AFL fan.

NGR

Juniors
We were also instrumental in getting the Bunnies back into the comp.

You cant be serious?!

Your fans marched with us, whilst your execs planned a take over of our juniors... :roll:

And no, you didnt help us win the legal battle, ffs :crazy:

Macko8

Juniors
f**k you sydney roosters,bunch of grubs.

And f**k you justin carney you low life piece of sh*t,have fun playing in sydney and sipping on cappucinos with your androtop team mates.

f**k i wish shillington and TLL were playing on sunday

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Is Carney going to be with Canberra till the end of the season or is it an immediate transfer? If he is, I'll let you know how he goes running around for Souths Logan this weekend.

Danish

Referee
The reason you guys haven't taken home more premierships is the same reason the USA Dream Team hasn't won every olympics and it's the same reason the English soccer team always performs so bad at the World Cup - they aren't a team. They are just a collection of people on a lot of money who have only one interest - their bank account. Your club has no heart, they aren't playing for anyone, it's just a money disposal facility. You should rename yourself the ATM's.

Nice story...

Pity that the english soccer team has never, EVER entered a world cup as favourite to win the cup, and rarely crack the top 5 ranked sides in the world.

Its also a shame that of 16 olympics appearances the US have only not won the gold in basketball 3 times.

Funnily enough, the only real examples of salary cap rorting that you are speaking of in league- the dogs and the storm, both won or were well on their way to premierships before being exposed.

Seems your "playing for money makes you lose" theory doesn't hold much water.

You currently have very few origin players because of your performances from last year (refer to my point above as to why your team was so crap). Have no fear, you'll have another 6 or 7 players in their next year (all bought legally of course...:roll:)

The roosters have not had anymore than 2-4 current rep players at any stage in the last 5 years.

What 6-7 players will we have next year? Pearce, Myles.....???

Those individuals only fought Super League (thus creating a war) because they would have finally been kicked out of the game. It's much like the wankers that are currently blocking the Independant Commission, they are only fighting it because they don't want to lose their junket. If you think they even considered the sport of rugby league, you are as brainwashed as an AFL fan.

:lol:

Cry all you want. Fact is the Rooster board were instrumental in fighting off Super League, while the Raiders took their cues from their best player ("ricky stuart looks out for ricky stuart") and sold themselves down the river

skeepe

Immortal
Danish, to be honest I really don't give a f**k about logic or common sense when it comes to the R***ters. I have always loathed them, and I will always loathe them.

They are a cancer on the NRL, contributing nothing and taking everything. If they went under tomorrow, I would be the happiest man on Earth.

A merkin of a club with absolutely no redeeming features and a reprehensible "culture"

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
No lose losing Carney, only things he's been doing this year is sook because he can't get a game in first grade, plus he's done FA at SL this year.

The one problem our club has is MANAGEMENT ARE FKN USELESS AND FULL OF BS EXCUSES, they drive players away, until they are sacked, this club will continue to go backwards, and keep losing good players.

Think its time, all our members took a stance, and don't renew our memberships till the wankers running the club are gone, why pay the club money when they don't do anything to move the club in the right direction, like buy a decent halfback when we really one ect........

I love the club, but i'm getting really sick of the sh#t that goes on, as far as im now concerned, the club has till the start of next year to re-sign Duges and buy a halfback, someone who actually plays halfback, if it doesn't happen, 'im out.

edabomb

First Grade
I reckon the Roosters will cut Phil Graham loose to make way for Carney, and we'll sign Graham to play halfback in 2011 :lol:

TheDalek079

Bench
i really feel for you guys. i'll play the worlds smallest violin for you

worldssmallestviolin.gif

They can have the reject. He's too short to play on the wing and we have better centres anyway. Plus he'll probably never be as quick again due to the leg injury. Stuff him. Enjoy the fruits of the golden mile with the rest of the mercenaries JC!!

Talanexor

Juniors
Bugger. I rate Carney as a great player, and wouldn't have minded seeing him in a Cowboys jersey at all. At least he'd be acclimatised to the QLD weather after this year.

I do agree that the roosters contribute very little to the modern NRL. Yes, they are a foundation club, but they have almost no junior base and the latte-sipping yuppies in the Eastern Suburbs aren't a huge supporter base.

TimW05

Juniors
he cant be picked in 1st grade again.. i dont want the money hungry prick in my team

he himself said this deal would come down to money.. thats why he left

the roosters would be paying overs for him anyway so good riddance

Cuppy

Juniors
Ask any roosters supporter from the official site my opinions of him, and you will find that I have always been his no.1 supporter ever since he was in the lower grades at our club.

Shillo is worth twice as much as Carney or Dugan ever will be IMO. He is going to be the starting QLD and Aus prop for the next 5 years minimum. Carney is just a good cheap first grader and Dugan will constantly struggle for any rep honour he earns as he is going to be competing against Hayne

Your kidding right, he has already stated he would be going where the money is, Cheap my ass.

Danish

Referee
Cheap is a relative term.

The raiders my not have wanted to shell out more than, say, $120-150K for him.

So the roosters could have picked him up fairly cheaply as far as winger/centres go.

shear_joy9

Coach
Cheap is a relative term.

The raiders my not have wanted to shell out more than, say, $120-150K for him.

So the roosters could have picked him up fairly cheaply as far as winger/centres go.

canberra offered a 2yr deal around $200k per season from what I've heard.

I'd say the roosters are offering about $225-250

adamkungl

Immortal
Paullyboy truly does live in a state of permanent delusion.
Maybe if Canberra's brains trust didn't shell out $500k for that hack Campese they would have money to keep their other players.
Maybe if they actually recruited someone every now and then other than over the hill mediocrity like Mogg, the fans might not be so bitter every time another club signs someone.
Maybe if they didn't stab the game in the back because their greedy merkin players thought they would get a few extra thousand with News Ltd someone would give a f**k.

Delusional hypocrites who in a city all to themselves with absolutely f**k all to do ever still pull similar or worse crowds to the 'AFL loving latte sipping yuppies' of the Eastern Suburbs.

Suck it up f**kwits.

shear_joy9

Coach
I don't care about carney leaving. I have never been that impressed with him to begin with.

Plus the only position available for him in the side is on the bench.

TimW05

Juniors
Paullyboy truly does live in a state of permanent delusion.
Maybe if Canberra's brains trust didn't shell out $500k for that hack Campese they would have money to keep their other players.
Maybe if they actually recruited someone every now and then other than over the hill mediocrity like Mogg, the fans might not be so bitter every time another club signs someone.
Maybe if they didn't stab the game in the back because their greedy merkin players thought they would get a few extra thousand with News Ltd someone would give a f**k.

Delusional hypocrites who in a city all to themselves with absolutely f**k all to do ever still pull similar or worse crowds to the 'AFL loving latte sipping yuppies' of the Eastern Suburbs.

Suck it up f**kwits.

weve had 10k+ each game..

you lot have had less than 10 3 times.. less than 7 twice

the only thing propping your figure up is games you take away from sydney which are packed with away fans.. hardly a home game..