What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Frenchman will join the NRL

Blues Riff

Bench
Well Ben's forced his way into the 32 man squad for this weekend's trial V Bulldogs. Only a matter of time now.

no name

Coach
I would rate him as Penriths second best ever Frenchman after Craig Gower. If he goes on a drunken golf buggy rampage with Mitch Pearce's sister tied to the back I might move him up to number one.

Gower's Italian.....

betcats

Referee
From what I have seen so far which admittedly is not much I think he is a good addition, a bit of a poor mans Lewis brown.

Some of the highlights of this thread:

He will carve it up in the NRL

we can expect the Frenchman to blossom into one of the most exciting "edge" forwards in the NRL.

I predict that he will make a solid mark on the NRL within one year.

You obviously watch the Catalans games, unlike the naysayers on this thread who haven't a clue what they are talking about.

Cuthbertson was an important member of the Newcastle Knights team that made its way well into the NRL playoffs in 2013. He is a very good player. But Garcia looks like a better player.

Ben Garcia is now the first Frenchman to have scored a try in the Auckland Nines, and the first Frenchman to have scored a try rated the best of the Nines series by NRL.com

It looks like Ben Garcia is set to carve up the NRL in 2016.

He will turn out to be a quality replacement for Jamal Idris.

He will be the first player picked on the bench because he can cover 4 positions.
He is too valuable a utility to be left out of the interchange.

Lewis Brown is a poor man's Ben Garcia. Conversely, Ben Garcia is a rich man's Lewis Brown.

Last edited:
The Catalans Dragons have injury problems -- 10 of their first choice players were missing this week against Warrington. The Catalans desperately need a player of Benjamin's experience and versatility on the bench to cover three or four possible positions. I assume that the Catalans have offered him a substantial increase in salary to lure him off the Penrith reserve team's bench.

thorson1987

Coach
It's official he is going home.

http://www.totalrl.com/catalans-secure-garcia-return/

Catalans secure Benjamin Garcia return

Matthew Shaw
By Matthew Shaw
June 23, 2016 09:50
Catalans secure Benjamin Garcia return

Catalans Dragons have completed the signing of Ben Garcia with immediate effect on a two-and-a-half year deal.

Garcia, 23, signed for the Penrith Panthers ahead of the 2016 season but failed to establish himself at the NRL club.

The young forward, who previously played for Brisbane Broncos’ NYC side was allowed to leave the Panthers, the club that England star Zak Hardaker has just signed for.

Despite only pursuing his dream of playing Down Under at the start of this year, Garcia admitted that he couldn’t turn down the opportunity to return to Catalans.

“It was a tough decision to leave the Panthers,” said Garcia.

“I have always dreamed to play in the NRL, I had a great year down under but I couldn’t refuse the contract offered by the Dragons. It’s the club I love, it’s the club where I started my professional career and I’m really happy to be back here. I would like to thank the Penrith Panthers who have understood and respected my decision and I’m looking forward now to joining my teammates and playing again in front of the Gilbert Brutus crowd. The club has a great season so far and I hope I can bring my contribution to its success.”

Catalans head coach Laurent Frayssinous added: “I am delighted to welcome Benjamin back to the club. He is a talented young player and his qualities and his versatility will help the team to move forward. He always kept the club in his heart and, after his experience in Australia, he is really motivated to add his contribution. He will add depth to a talented squad and I’m sure he will help the team to reach their goals.”

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sacrè bleu!
Somebody check in on the welfare of Albert Rosenfeld... on second thoughts, maybe don't

Perth Red

Post Whore
Penrith or perpignan? I know where I'd be living. Was lucky enough to catch a game in Perpignan on Bastille day a few years back. Amazing experience and one of the great moments in life being a RL fan can give you.

Penrith or perpignan? I know where I'd be living. Was lucky enough to catch a game in Perpignan on Bastille day a few years back. Amazing experience and one of the great moments in life being a RL fan can give you.

Penrith is a boring old town full of country bumpkins, and far away form the big city and the beaches. There are no decent restaurants there.

Perpignan is a charming small city, with access to the beaches at Canet and elsewhere only 20 minutes away. Spain is only 40 minutes away. The food is far superior in Perpignan.

Everybody, especially rugby league players, love it there. Former Manly players Steve "Beaver" Menzies and Glenn Stewart love it there, and rumour is that Brett Stewart will go there next year to join his brother (and Todd Carney and Krisnan Inu) on a 3 year contract.

Benjamin Garcia was obviously having trouble breaking into the star studded Penrith first team forward pack, and so made the correct choice to return to Catalans.

Last edited: