What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Season Failure

shadowboxer

First Grade
i dont know what to say. The pain, yes, the year a failure, i dont know about that, where did we end up last year?? We can only look forward to next year, what ever that may bring..

The Popper

Bench
Terry Fearnley....that's going back aways, Feej. Hey, one thing I noticed tonight. At times Orford's running style is reminiscent of Tommy Bishop's. Never noticed that before. Or perhaps I was just seeing the game through the tears. :oops: :shock: :( :cry:

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
et said:
Before we get too stuck into the players, how about a special mention for the crowd (or lack of). 11000 for one of the most vital games of the year - no wonder the players were flat.

ET, we only won 4/11 at home this year. No wonder the crowds have gone

Go Nulla

Bench
Im 43 and I doubt that I'll see it in my lifetime...but there is always next year. Hope springs eternity.

I will give the not special k a point lets relocate the team, we once looked at Brisbane why not move them, theres a point, considering they only won 4 games at cronulla, moving shouldnt effect there so called home record

Special K

Coach
What I'm saying is if you thought we'd win the comp this year then you need to get your head checked.

Feej

First Grade
The Popper said:
At times Orford's running style is reminiscent of Tommy Bishop's. Never noticed that before. Or perhaps I was just seeing the game through the tears. :oops: :shock: :( :cry:

Would love another one of him again. :cry:

The Popper

Bench
Too true, 30year. After years and years of in depth study I came to the conclusion that following a football team is a matter of self esteem. When the team wins, chests are puffed up and mouths can brag. When the team loses, some stick and some fall away. Success of a team generally determines the size of their support crowd.

Bloody oath, Feej.

Feej

First Grade
Special K said:
What I'm saying is if you thought we'd win the comp this year then you need to get your head checked.

Had my head checked in '73, '78, '88 and '02 thanks. :shock:

Already people are saying this year not a failure looking forward to next year, 1 person is all i need to tell me the year we had a glory season, and no one can because we never have.

Go Nulla, i am worried i will never see us win a comp, thing of those North Sydney fans born after 1922, they never saw it at least they managed 2 titles 2 more then us

SSB68 said:
I will give the not special k a point lets relocate the team, we once looked at Brisbane why not move them, theres a point, considering they only won 4 games at cronulla, moving shouldnt effect there so called home record

Here's a tip (and its free): If you're going to heckle someone on the forum, its a good idea to run your proposed angle through word and have the spell/grammar check run over it.

All you're doing is owning yourself.

Good game though SSB68, well played.

By the way, you still get around to answering the question.

Even though you're upset, what other option do you have?

Special K

Coach
Feej said:
Special K said:

Had my head checked in '73, '78, '88 and '02 thanks. :shock:
Holy shit and here I was thinking it was the year 2004~!!!!

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
The Popper said:
I get my head read every year, K-man. I spend winters at Sharks games and summers in a sanitarium.

Aha .. the truth is revealed. Popper moonlights as the Chief Executive of Weetbix....

mr_sharks

Juniors
patience is a virtue sydneysharkbrisbane

i reckon the victory will taste that much sweeter when we finally get a premiership

i reckon ill die a happy man if, when im on my death bed, i watch the sharks win their first premiership. It will make my life worthwhile!

in relation to dykes and mellor, 'glory days', i meant when the sharks were actually somewhat of a force. I think ive still got paper clippings from the DT when we smashed brisbane at ANZ with Johnny Lang at the helm. I think it read "Giant killers bite again". Also when we smashed Canterbury in the semi-final with Rogers.
I guess players like Dykes and Mellor bring back thoughts of a happy club, something that hasnt really been since Anderson

We need to bu players who can win us a comp, and get rid of the deadwood, lets start, cut Isemonger he is a local junior, but he never threatens, I watch him game in and game out he does nothing.

McGoldrick after tonite, I need no more reasons.

Why didnt we buy Brent Kite, young player who has played SOO.

Why Dykes never one has anything here at first visit why will he homecoming be any different, same as Mellor.

De Vere whould have been better option, at least he can tackle, which is unusual for our centres, but just maybe he would help, as you can see tonites match has pused me to the edge of sanity, but then i ponder i do follow the sharks maybe i am already insane, the older saying is there is not much difference been sane and insane just to letters

Latest posts