What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another shark quits!!!

fizman

Bench
Well, you should of. You're a smart man reef, no matter what we argue about but this was forseable. All of it.

I have told a few people in PMs this week that Fisk was next and I don't care if they come forward now and confirm

There's a cancer in the club and it's not redback

You are 100% correct, but it's not who you think it is.

Maybe just maybe its possible he just left because (a) he's got a better offer somewhere else, (b) he feels that he's achieved what he set out to do when he took the job (c) wants to do something different?

People change jobs for plenty of reasons that are not in the least bit sinister.

Stoner Rock

Juniors
Maybe just maybe its possible he just left because (a) he's got a better offer somewhere else, (b) he feels that he's achieved what he set out to do when he took the job (c) wants to do something different?

People change jobs for plenty of reasons that are not in the least bit sinister.

Underpaid and overworked probably sums it up. The Sharks CEO job is no cakewalk at the moment and he certainly wouldn't be paid what he is worth. We were lucky to get him when we did and it will be tough to find someone half as good.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Of even more concern, is the sudden influx of rarely seen posters in here, seemingly preaching the same message.
I can tell all in here, that after being in contact with a friend of mine who has had heavy involvement in the club, that the are things the chairman has to answer for, YESTERDAY.
Her own words.

Plastered

Juniors
The ship is sinking...I wonder if Irvine will make an appearance in the press now? I certainly hope so cause I want to know what the f**k is going on...

Also...my mail on Ricky is along these lines, Brown was offered the coaching job, Brown calls Ricky, being the good mates they are, and says "I just got offered your job, what's going on?", Ricky goes to the board and says "Hows are things going? Anything to tell me?", the board says "No, everything's fine", Ricky quits.

PJ

First Grade
I had little hope of signing anyone decent once Ricky left.

Now with Fisk gone we have no chance imo.

Be interesting to hear the happy clappers and what song they are singing but in the last 3 months we have lost the guy they chose who was going to see through the development and improve the club, the coach and the CEO who appears to be widely respected in league circles.

Something is very, very wrong.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Fisk was the only bit of confidence i had in the club....we are well and truly farked imo

But fluffy old vossy thinks im being negative....hahahaha what a ball of fluff that bloke is!

Frenzy.

Immortal
The ship is sinking...I wonder if Irvine will make an appearance in the press now? I certainly hope so cause I want to know what the f**k is going on...

Also...my mail on Ricky is along these lines, Brown was offered the coaching job, Brown calls Ricky, being the good mates they are, and says "I just got offered your job, what's going on?", Ricky goes to the board and says "Hows are things going? Anything to tell me?", the board says "No, everything's fine", Ricky quits.

After he appoints himself as the new CEO? <<---conjecture

Maybe he hasn't been "allowed" to front the press <<---conjecture

samshark

Juniors
This is very easy to explain.

Richard Fisk is not a Sharks man, he is a Ricky Stuart man.

Does everyone remember how the position for CEO either wasn't advertised and/or the appointment was made very quickly??

Questions were asked about the due process and selection criteria.

Ricky wanted Fisk and got him the job.

It is natural that when Stuart resigned, Fisk would follow.

Not necessarily, he was with the club in the 90's and was also heavily recommended by Peter Gow and the 'Ways and Means Committee', which comprise Gow, the Shimano boss and a few others.

Whats to say Fisk was only ever going to stay for 12 months to stablise the club and put it in a better position after last year, which he has done? He is not a young CEO, probably wants an easier life. Doesnt necessarily mean the world is ending.

Plastered

Juniors
Cronulla CEO Robert Fisk to quit embattled NRL club next month

May 28, 2010 Cronulla have announced their second big-name departure this week with chief executive Richard Fisk to quit the NRL club next month.
Hot on the heels of coach Ricky Stuart's announcement that he would leave the Sharks at the end of the season, his good friend Fisk revealed he would not renew his contract which expires on June 21.

Fisk arrived at the club following the controversial resignation of former boss Tony Zappia midway through last year.

"Richard's contract expires on June 21st and he has indicated that he does not wish to renew his contract," Sharks chairman Damien Irvine said in a statement issued by the club.

"Richard came to the club in 2009 to create stability and to pilot the football club through a very difficult period.

"He leaves having prepared our talented young team for the next phase of our re-build."

The club said a replacement would be made in due course.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27190764-5018866,00.html

Generalzod

Immortal
What Cronulla should do is sell Shark Park and lease it back...There is no advantages in owning a football arena.

I have told a few people in PMs this week that Fisk was next and I don't care if they come forward now and confirm

There's a cancer in the club and it's not redback

you were sadly on the money this week. for sure.

what was R Stuarts quote last night "Richard Fisk has saved the club 1.2 million?"

now he quits. a day later. frictions in the club.

new coach, no ceo, no money. no sharks.

PJ

First Grade
No it doesn't mean the world is ending, but is on the back of 2 other surprise resignations of key figures in 3 months.

Using your arguement of what he was going to do, then if that was the case surely he would be more keen to extend his service in an attempt to actually stabilise the club, because imo it is far from stable at the moment.

Latest posts