What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

Coach
now brisbane wanna bring him back after manly developed him?

Welcome to the world of professional sport champ. Roosters basically bought themselves a premiership with astute purchasing before last season. Do you think their fans care what others think about their recruitment process?

georgesnmith

Juniors
Welcome to the world of professional sport champ. Roosters basically bought themselves a premiership with astute purchasing before last season. Do you think their fans care what others think about their recruitment process?

Its just funny that the premier club in queensland misses so much talent then offers these massive contracts to get them back "home", many times while said player is under contract.

cant wait for a 2nd brisbane NRL side, the one weve got isnt doing a good enough job

the only reason broncos can poach all these players is the fact that they can offer third party deals other clubs cant match by being the only rugby league club in a major rugby league city

_Johnsy

Referee
One thing is for sure. If he stays in canberra they will be lucky to get value out of him, almost 900k per season for a player who is largely untested (bar a 3 month good patch).

There is every chance he will join the long line of *future superstar, who achieved not much at all.

The pissing contest between the 2 clubs supporters is funny though.

georgesnmith

Juniors
One thing is for sure. If he stays in canberra they will be lucky to get value out of him, almost 900k per season for a player who is largely untested (bar a 3 month good patch).

There is every chance he will join the long line of *future superstar, who achieved not much at all.

The pissing contest between the 2 clubs supporters is funny though.

hope he does a backflip and stays just like smith snubbed them

I would rather spend that sort of money on Milford than Fifita.

Milford has the makings of an out and out superstar. If he continues to develop as he has been, he will be a superstar of the game and an absolute game breaker.

He needs to get all this contract shit sorted asap though, so he can quit thinking about it and focus on playing football.

bileduct

Coach
We're only up to episode 2 of NRL 360 and Paul merkin is already grasping for straws to fill airtime with material.

eozsmiles

Bench
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he has major/complete input into the articles by players or ex-players, too. Depending on how many words they can string together.

_Johnsy

Referee
Days of our lives has nothin on this little saga, currently over 2500 posts about an untried young NRL player.

The Great Dane

First Grade
...Paid for by the Broncos.

Source?

Dirty Ayoub doesn't count.

Yeah source, because if that's true then that just proves that someone at the Broncos was in Milfords Parents ear.

If it's true and his parents truly did outright refuse to move to Canberra when the Raiders were offering to (for all intents and purposes) buy them a house down here, and then move down here as soon as the Broncos ask, well lets just say that I think it's 50 shades of f##ked up that Anthony's parents are making all his career choices for him.

Don't get me wrong though I don't blame the Broncos, I think that if it's true that it's a little sneaky, but I get it the clubs struggling on the field and you'd do almost anything to taste success again (we're in the same position down here) and Milford is shaping up to be great in the making.

If the Raiders had all the advantages that the Broncos have then I'm sure that we'd do similar things so I've got no hard feelings, if Milford wants to go then good for him, sure it's disappointing but it's his life and we'll just have to live with it.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
It was probably printed in the Courier Fail, they seem to run with any of the dribble that comes out of Dirty Ayoub's mouth.

Just like how he "removed the clause" about the Raiders being able to put in a final offer.

If that were even true for a moment you would have to ask yourself exactly who Dirty Ayoub is working for. Why would a player manager remove a clause from a contract that favours his client?

I'd be asking questions of salary cap variety if what bretto has said is true...if clubs aren't allowed to fly players families around willy nilly you'd think that they can't pay for a players parents every day lives

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Yeah source, because if that's true then that just proves that someone at the Broncos was in Milfords Parents ear.

If it's true and his parents truly did outright refuse to move to Canberra when the Raiders were offering to (for all intents and purposes) buy them a house down here, and then move down here as soon as the Broncos ask, well lets just say that I think it's 50 shades of f##ked up that Anthony's parents are making all his career choices for him.

Don't get me wrong though I don't blame the Broncos, I think that if it's true that it's a little sneaky, but I get it the clubs struggling on the field and you'd do almost anything to taste success again (we're in the same position down here) and Milford is shaping up to be great in the making.

If the Raiders had all the advantages that the Broncos have then I'm sure that we'd do similar things so I've got no hard feelings, if Milford wants to go then good for him, sure it's disappointing but it's his life and we'll just have to live with it.

On ya Dane. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.