What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Poor Franky has been waiting in the wilderness for weeks to pounce on that one!

The wilderness - as in the thread that he dragged back up to the main page.

:lol:

Try again white knight.

Cue "Poor Franky" or "winning the internet" response.

Ha yeah, and did a great job of showing me up too...

Gotta give you credit for actually attempting to justify that ridiculous statement. But yeah, it was piss weak.

Paullyboy

Coach
There isn't a person on earth who could single-handedly prove or disprove the levels of investment between two different clubs. As such, we have to rely on the evidence we have at hand.

What role do the Broncos play in junior development (prior to their band-aid attempt at getting in on the Logan area when they realised that it wasn't their God given right to have anyone born north of the Tweed)?

How many clubs do the Broncos bankroll/actively assist with junior development?

What junior schoolboy competitions do the Broncos financially support?

Snappy

Coach
Broncos are the major sponsor of the Greater Brisbane Junior Rugby League.

Also

The Brisbane Broncos Game Development Department provides grass roots Rugby League support to many regions through-out Queensland and Northern NSW.

The department is by far the largest Game Development operation in the NRL with six full-time and one part-time staff member based in each of the four key regions of Brisbane and the Wide Bay area.

The Brisbane Broncos are committed to supporting Rugby League at a junior and schoolboy level, visiting approximately 40,000 children and working with over 1,000 coaches per season.

This commitment would not be possible with-out the continued support of the following Broncos Game Development partners; Greenbank RSL, Aspley Leagues Club, Carina Leagues Club, West Arana Hills Football Club, Wide Bay Division and the Gympie junior and senior leagues.

These partners provide the Broncos with a platform too service and financially support rugby league in the south-east corner and generally provide coaching-based assistance to the game in Queensland.

The following key areas make up the Brisbane Broncos Game Development Department;

Coach Education: Coach Education is critical to the skill development of all coaches, junior and senior players. The education level of coaches is reflective of the skills we are able to teach young players. For this reason, sessions are conducted to assist each region and update the knowledge of junior and senior coaches.

School and Club Competitions: The Broncos are committed to providing avenues for children to play and enjoy Rugby League. Assistance is provided to both the QSSRL and the QRL to help and enhance competitions across Queensland.

Player Skill Clinics: Skill clinics are conducted for selected players at schools and junior clubs. These sessions give thousands of young rugby league players across the state the opportunity to learn from Broncos coaching and playing staff.

Mentoring Programs: Programs are conducted at schools, junior/senior clubs, youth groups, sporting clubs and corporate occasions, these are aimed at giving listeners an inside into smarter life choices focusing on topics such as; success, goal setting, role models etc.

Promotional visits: Promotional appearances are made for businesses, sponsors, junior league clubs and schools.

http://www.broncos.com.au/about/junior-development.html

Last edited:

LoganRL1988

Juniors
Apparently I owe snappy some sort of response, not sure why, but here we go.

As a bloke who grew up in Brisbane playing league (not well I should add, but I still had a go) I played in competitions sponsored by the bulldogs, raiders and roosters of all people. These clubs funded junior school comps and junior club comps in Brisbane. I didn't once come across a broncos run event apart from one school clinic which I believe my parents paid a fortune for.

The broncos abuse the backyard they're lucky to own.

Growing up in Logan during the 90's I played jurior footy with the Logan Scorpions and the broncos were the mainsponsors of that comp. . Also in High School we played for the Broncos Cup which the win quilified for the I believe at the time it was the Commenwealth National High School Compation.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I haven't seen it but apparently Paul Kent said on NRL 360 that the Raiders are offering 980K for Milford to change his mind.

lol the circus goes on.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Is it true? would be the bigger question.

Kent is the more respectable "journalist" at Daily Telegraph. But still works for the Daily Telegraph none the less.

nick87

Coach
Jesus.
:lol:

Meninga, Daley, Stuart, Walters, Clyde... and Milford is offered a deal that would probably trump all their salaries combined in 94

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
If he took it for 5 years with no get outs I wouldn't be adverse to it. Salary cap is going up and it's all going to go to the elite players. $1mill a season for a superstar will be the going rate come 2017/18

georgesnmith

Juniors
If he took it for 5 years with no get outs I wouldn't be adverse to it. Salary cap is going up and it's all going to go to the elite players. $1mill a season for a superstar will be the going rate come 2017/18

more like 1.5 million and 2 million for someone like GI or Thurston

GI signed himself away too cheaply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts