What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'd love this more than anything else this season. The broncos need to learn that poaching a player with more than 12 months to go on his contract who has also been developed by the original club is the lowest of lows.

It's not like we are going to buy anyone anyway, we have a soul, might as well do it to piss off the broncos and make a point.

tumbidragon

First Grade
I'd love this more than anything else this season. The broncos need to learn that poaching a player with more than 12 months to go on his contract who has also been developed by the original club is the lowest of lows.

It's not like we are going to buy anyone anyway, we have a soul, might as well do it to piss off the broncos and make a point.
Would be great for the lolz. Could see bronco's miss their man, and Raiders paying 980K for the services of basically a rookie... Here's hoping :alcho:

Paullyboy

Coach
The money isn't a factor for the raiders. Once the cap goes up we aren't going to go anywhere near hitting it so might as well overspend to make a stand against a club selling it's soul to try and be competitive.

blaza88z

Coach
Milford wanted a release for family reasons, those were the headlines since day 1.

If his family is based in Brisbane and he is an NRL player, would it not make sense to play for the team local to that region?

You can try and palm it off and blame the Broncos for the fact that Canberra is located in such a shit part of Australia but it just won't work, no one wants to live there.

I will also say this, if you setup camp in Brisbane and rely on most of your juniors to come from Brisbane then every now and then you can expect players to want to play for a Brisbane based team, it's unfortunate that the 1 guy who wants to be based in Brisbane is a potential superstar but it was bound to happen.

Paullyboy

Coach
Haha it's almost cute how naive some people are.

There are several examples from the last few months that show that being by his old man is not the real priority (choosing to play the World Cup, choosing to go to Samoa afterwards, rejecting parental movement offers...)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If his family is based in Brisbane and he is an NRL player, would it not make sense to play for the team local to that region?

You can try and palm it off and blame the Broncos for the fact that Canberra is located in such a shit part of Australia but it just won't work, no one wants to live there.

Are you aware that his family are currently living in Canberra?

blaza88z

Coach
I am aware they moved there to facilitate his needs, no doubt financed by the club. Do you expect his entire family to permanently change their lifestyle to suit your club?

I heard someone say naive, spot on I would suggest.

blaza88z

Coach
Haha it's almost cute how naive some people are.

There are several examples from the last few months that show that being by his old man is not the real priority (choosing to play the World Cup, choosing to go to Samoa afterwards, rejecting parental movement offers...)

Are you suggesting that his priority would be not playing for Canberra? that must be hard for you to fathom.

ek999

First Grade
Milford originally wanted the release because his dad was unable to move to Canberra, which they had been planning to do

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I am aware they moved there to facilitate his needs, no doubt financed by the club. Do you expect his entire family to permanently change their lifestyle to suit your club?

I heard someone say naive, spot on I would suggest.

Where did I imply that I expect them to permanently change their lifestyle?

I simply pointed out that his family are currently living in Canberra. Seems like kind of a big deal considering it wasn't long ago that his father was to ill to even visit. That's why Anthony had to move back remember?

blaza88z

Coach
If they didn't move to Canberra I don't think he would be playing for you guys this season, put it that way.

You would have to think if he was to remain a Canberra player then they would have to reside there on a more permanent basis (beyond this year) or this same saga will be re-visited.

Snappy

Coach
the broncos need to learn that poaching a player with more than 12 months to go on his contract who has also been developed by the original club is the lowest of lows.

it so might as well overspend to make a stand against a club selling it's soul to try and be competitive.

images.jpg

Your tears are f**king hilarious

georgesnmith

Juniors
Milford wanted a release for family reasons, those were the headlines since day 1.

I will also say this, if you setup camp in Brisbane and rely on most of your juniors to come from Brisbane then every now and then you can expect players to want to play for a Brisbane based team, it's unfortunate that the 1 guy who wants to be based in Brisbane is a potential superstar but it was bound to happen.

if you set up a club in brisbane then they should be able to get the best juniors in the state. yet somehow the broncos missed the following juniors : cam smith, billy slater, GI, Anthony millford and DCE

DCE was offered to every NRL club when in the queensland cup only manly took him now

now brisbane wanna bring him back after manly developed him?

Snappy

Coach
People carry on about how Brisbane don't have a right to every talented junior in the state blah blah blah...

Then go on to say how bad broncos recruitment is because they didn't get every talented kid out there.
The whingers want it both ways. Haters gonna hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.