What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaguefan22

Juniors
Where things went wrong for Canberra:

Sam Ayoub - "Anthony wants a get out clause in his contract so if his Dad's health deteriorates he can exit his contract and return to Brisbane. Is that ok?"

Don Furner - "Yes"

What should have happened:

Sam Ayoub - "Anthony wants a get out clause in his contract so if his Dad's health deteriorates he can exit his contract and return to Brisbane. Is that ok?"

Don Furner - "No"

The moment at which keeping Milford at the Raiders went from difficult to impossible:

Ricky Stuart - "I'd like to exit my contract early and return to Canberra for family reasons.

Don Furner: "We'll sign you"

The moment at which Milford started laughing in the Raiders face:

Ricky Stuart: Hi I'm Ricky Stuart. I just walked out on my club for family reasons. I didn't even have a clause in my contract that let me do that. But anyway, the club thinks I am the best man to come up here to Brisbane today and discourage you from doing the same.

Kiwi

First Grade
It's amazing how quickly kiwi dropped the he will just go to rugby point

I don't think he will, never did say he will, I still think he could. I think he'll sit out a season to be honest. Broncos will sign him for 2015, he'll get a sign on fee to cover him in 2014 while sitting out not getting paid by the Raiders. NRL will register the 2015 onwards contract.

Kiwi

First Grade
Where things went wrong for Canberra:

Don Furner - "Yes"

What should have happened:

Don Furner - "No"

The moment at which keeping Milford at the Raiders went from difficult to impossible:

Ricky Stuart - "I'd like to exit my contract early and return to Canberra for family reasons.

Don Furner: "We'll sign you"

The moment at which Milford started laughing in the Raiders face:

Ricky Stuart: Hi I'm Ricky Stuart. I just walked out on my club for family reasons. I didn't even have a clause in my contract that let me do that. But anyway, the club thinks I am the best man to come up here to Brisbane today and discourage you from doing the same.

Stuart did have get out clause

NrlCoach

Juniors
LOLZ @ Stuart and Canberra.... why the f**k would you offer 1 million to a 19 yr old who does not want to play for you.

ek999

First Grade
No it wasn't a volatile board clause. It was a "If I want to leave at any time in my contract I can" clause (again lol@Parra for agreeing to it).

Kiwi

First Grade
Correct.

Milford does not. At least, not one where the conditions have been met.

I don't think anyone knows what is going on to be honest, what the actual conditions are, what's been met apart from those involved. Every second person on here seems to be an expert on Milford's contract and it's clauses, but the truth is none of us know.

Leaguefan22

Juniors
Don Furner knows he messed this up, that's why he is grandstanding.

He should have foreseen this happening. Before signing this contract Milford had given indications he was homesick. Inserting this clause was always going to give him an out and lead to a messy war of words over his Dad's health. An ugly PR battle for Canberra they were never going to win.

Charlie124

First Grade
As big of a dog Ricky is for walking out in the eels just after running a broom through the playing roster, the eels should never stop giving themselves uppercuts for agreeing to a "leave whenever you feel like it" clause. If a clause like that had been what it took to net them a Cameron Smith or Jonathan Thurston then mayyyyybe the risk could be worth it, but the head f**king coach??

bileduct

Coach
You dipshits must be from an alternate reality.

bileduct

Coach
I don't think anyone knows what is going on to be honest, what the actual conditions are, what's been met apart from those involved. Every second person on here seems to be an expert on Milford's contract and it's clauses, but the truth is none of us know.
Milford and Ayoub would be the experts on what the clause is.

Ayoub has publicly stated that the clause relates to a deterioration in the father's health.

Is he talking shit?

:lol: He had a few good years, but for most of his time with the Raiders Langer had the wood on him.

Haha I think not Grimey. Let's take a look through the history books.

88 - Ricky debuts, leads Raiders to finals. Broncos debut, don't make finals. Ricky owns Langer.
89 - Raiders win premiership, Broncos don't make finals. Ricky owns Langer.
90 - Raiders go back to back, Broncos make 1st finals appearance. Ricky eliminates them in prelim. Ricky owns Langer at both club & origin level. Ricky wins CC medal and takes Langer's Kangaroo jumper. Australia win ashes after Ricky produces a length of the field match winning try in the 2nd test.
91 - Raiders make 3rd straight GF. Ricky owns Langer. NSW only lose Origin 1 & 3 by 2 points but Ricky owns Langer in game 2. He produces an amazing long cut out pass to produce the try that would win NSW the game. Langer could only dream of throwing such passes.
92 - Broncos finally start attaining success but Ricky owns Langer in Origin. He wins MOM in the deciding 3rd game. Rick has a season puncuated by injury, Broncos take advantage.
93 - Ricky owns Langer at both club & origin level. Wins 2nd straight Origin MOM in game 1 in Brisbane. This marks the 1st time a NSW team has won in Brisbane since 87. NSW win series. Ricky breaks ankle 1 week out from finals. Broncos get lucky.
94 - Ricky owns all. Wins Dally M. Raiders win premiership and are recognized as the greatest club side of all time. Ricky owns Langer at both club & origin level again. NSW win series. Ricky rightfully takes back the Kangaroo 7 jersey and saved Australia again.
95 - Raiders only lose 2 games for the entire regular season (neither of which are to Langer and the Broncos). The 2nd placed Raiders play the over-priveleged 3rd placed Broncos on their home turf. Raiders still win. Ricky owns Langer. SL breaks out which robs Ricky the chance of cementing his position as Kangaroo 7. The ARL offer Ricky Kangaroo captaincy, he turns it down to stay loyal to the club he loves.
96-98 - The great Ricky is cruelly struck down by a series of serious injuries including a torn ACL which ends his 96 season early (and saves Langer from further embarassment), and a bout of viral encephalitis in 98 which almost ends not only his illustrious career but his honourable life. He bravely fights back to return to the field and lead the Raiders to the 98 finals with his parnter in crime, and fellow Bronco killer Laurie Daley out injured.
99 - Moves to the Bulldogs. Langer realizes Ricky has recovered from his life threatening illness, and retires a few games into the season to save himself from more Ricky punishment. Ricky leads Dogs to the finals and they make it further than the Broncos

The only thing Langer had the wood on was his right hand the lil wanker.

There should be a Ricky Stuart movie. He had a kicking and passing game which Langer could only dream of. He revolutionized the game with those long spiral passes which are a prerequisite for halfbacks these days. He inspired the likes of Andrew Johns and an entire generation of halves. Langer can't even get a statue outside Suncorp but Lockyer & Lewis can. It's only a matter of time before Ricky has a statue now that he's returned home.

I can't wait until season 2014 when we have the great Ricky Stuart, a premiership winner as both a player AND coach back home.

What has Anthony Griffin ever won?

Kiwi

First Grade
Haha I think not Grimey. Let's take a look through the history books.

88 - Ricky debuts, leads Raiders to finals. Broncos debut, don't make finals. Ricky owns Langer.
89 - Raiders win premiership, Broncos don't make finals. Ricky owns Langer.
90 - Raiders go back to back, Broncos make 1st finals appearance. Ricky eliminates them in prelim. Ricky owns Langer at both club & origin level. Ricky wins CC medal and takes Langer's Kangaroo jumper. Australia win ashes after Ricky produces a length of the field match winning try in the 2nd test.
91 - Raiders make 3rd straight GF. Ricky owns Langer. NSW only lose Origin 1 & 3 by 2 points but Ricky owns Langer in game 2. He produces an amazing long cut out pass to produce the try that would win NSW the game. Langer could only dream of throwing such passes.
92 - Broncos finally start attaining success but Ricky owns Langer in Origin. He wins MOM in the deciding 3rd game. Rick has a season puncuated by injury, Broncos take advantage.
93 - Ricky owns Langer at both club & origin level. Wins 2nd straight Origin MOM in game 1 in Brisbane. This marks the 1st time a NSW team has won in Brisbane since 87. NSW win series. Ricky breaks ankle 1 week out from finals. Broncos get lucky.
94 - Ricky owns all. Wins Dally M. Raiders win premiership and are recognized as the greatest club side of all time. Ricky owns Langer at both club & origin level again. NSW win series. Ricky rightfully takes back the Kangaroo 7 jersey and saved Australia again.
95 - Raiders only lose 2 games for the entire regular season (neither of which are to Langer and the Broncos). The 2nd placed Raiders play the over-priveleged 3rd placed Broncos on their home turf. Raiders still win. Ricky owns Langer. SL breaks out which robs Ricky the chance of cementing his position as Kangaroo 7. The ARL offer Ricky Kangaroo captaincy, he turns it down to stay loyal to the club he loves.
96-98 - The great Ricky is cruelly struck down by a series of serious injuries including a torn ACL which ends his 96 season early (and saves Langer from further embarassment), and a bout of viral encephalitis in 98 which almost ends not only his illustrious career but his honourable life. He bravely fights back to return to the field and lead the Raiders to the 98 finals with his parnter in crime, and fellow Bronco killer Laurie Daley out injured.
99 - Moves to the Bulldogs. Langer realizes Ricky has recovered from his life threatening illness, and retires a few games into the season to save himself from more Ricky punishment. Ricky leads Dogs to the finals and they make it further than the Broncos

The only thing Langer had the wood on was his right hand the lil wanker.

There should be a Ricky Stuart movie. He had a kicking and passing game which Langer could only dream of. He revolutionized the game with those long spiral passes which are a prerequisite for halfbacks these days. He inspired the likes of Andrew Johns and an entire generation of halves. Langer can't even get a statue outside Suncorp but Lockyer & Lewis can. It's only a matter of time before Ricky has a statue now that he's returned home.

I can't wait until season 2014 when we have the great Ricky Stuart, a premiership winner as both a player AND coach back home.

What has Anthony Griffin ever won?

LOL Clybe, Furner, Maninga, Daley, Mullins ect had nothing to do with anything, was all Stuart. Love how you made it about Stuart v Langer

like I said enjoy the next few years of failure. Stuarts grand final win was a team he got handed to him, everytime he has had to build a side, epic fail. Enjoy.

Don Furner knows he messed this up, that's why he is grandstanding.

He should have foreseen this happening. Before signing this contract Milford had given indications he was homesick. Inserting this clause was always going to give him an out and lead to a messy war of words over his Dad's health. An ugly PR battle for Canberra they were never going to win.

He hasnt messed it up at all, ayoub and milford are trying to activate a medical clause for family reasons.....

Regardless.....I really do hope they dont pay him that sort of $$$$, he isnt (yet) even worth the alleged 600k brisbane are offering....in a year or two sure but he hasnt even had a full season of first grade yet

Yeah cos the Broncos are really succeeding right now kiwi (I find it hard calling you that name tbh. You seem like just another QLd wanker).

Stuart's a winner. He built Cronulla in 08 into a side which finished equal 1st.

I notice you didn't argue any part of my post. I take it you recognize Ricky's Bronco/QLD killer status.

ggmu

Juniors
LOL Clybe, Furner, Maninga, Daley, Mullins ect had nothing to do with anything, was all Stuart. Love how you made it about Stuart v Langer

like I said enjoy the next few years of failure. Stuarts grand final win was a team he got handed to him, everytime he has had to build a side, epic fail. Enjoy.

I can't believe ur actually replying to him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.