What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Are you six years old ? I ask because that's a very wrong interpretation of the facts of the sbw incident and I'm wondering if you perhaps have just heard about it

That's to kiwi obviously.

Also can any rugby league player just break contract to play union. Why don't they do this all the time. Use your brain kiwi

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The media still gives Bennett a hard time for having the audacity to relegate Hodges to reserve grade for the last couple of games in 2001...

Now imagine the type of stories that will emerge over a club's player of the season being forced to sit out an entire season.

Right or wrong, it's not a good look.

Not a good look for who?

Most of the time when I see the issue discussed in the media, they are on the Raiders side. Everyone knows this homesickness thing is bullsh*t and everyone is getting jack of seeing players try to walk out on their contracts. I know I hate seeing it happen to other clubs.

Timbo

Staff member
Channel 9 and the Telegraph already hate us - why would we care if they suddenly started writing poor widdle Anfony stories?

I'm so over this. The only way players will understand that contracts are BINDING is if we actually crack down on them. You don't just get to walk away because you're a bit over it.

There are no big names on the market - we have about a million up our sleeve from Dugan and Ferguson and we've signed nobody so getting the coin from Milfords contract to play with next year will do nothing for us anyway. So why not sit him down for a year?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Exactly thanks to two other players walking out of their contract we have plenty of cash to work with. Milford sitting out means nothing. If we release him it would just be more dead money for 2014.

ek999

First Grade
Bulldogs could do squat about SBW playing rugby what makes you think that has changed?

From memory he was actually served with an injunction that prevented him from playing professional sport anywhere world-wide (they had to throw the notice to him over the fence at training because SBW was doing everything he could to avoid being served. EDIT: Good memory I must have http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...ver-fence-to-sbw/story-e6frg6o6-1111117141148

He was only able to play after he reached a settlement with the Bulldogs (with about $750k paid to the Bulldogs from Mundine). Had he played prior to that settlement being reached he could have been charged with contempt of court. Part of that settlement was he couldn't play in the NRL until this year when his Bulldogs contract would have expired.

So actually the Bulldogs did quite a lot to stop SBW from playing. You might need to read up on the facts before posting again.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also those who say it's not a good look for the raiders ? Are there any non Brisbane supporters who believe he should be released to the Broncos. I'm sure I can live with the courier mail whinging about it.

ek999

First Grade
In my use of Google I also turned up this http://kellsthelawyers.clientcommunity.com.au/383/693/8288.html?SUB=18664 which has an extract of SBW's contract at the time. Being the standard NRL contract, I doubt this clause has now changed.

3.1 General Obligation - the player agrees to:

s. not to play the game with any person, team or organisation save for the Club or in a representative match or matches in the related competitions except with the prior written consent of the Club;

t. not, without the prior written consent of the Club, which the player acknowledges will only be given with the consent of the NRL, participate in any football match of any code other than matches referred to in subclause 3.1(s)

u. without limiting subclauses 3.1(s) or 3.1(t) not participate in any sporting or leisure activities other than matches approved by the Club and the NRL pursuant to the subclause 3.1(t) except where:

i. the chances of injury are unlikely;
ii. such will not otherwise limit his ability to perform his obligations under this agreement;
iii. there is no prearranged media coverage; and
iv. the player is not (directly or indirectly) paid except with the prior written consent of the Club.

So no, the Milf cannot go play Rugby Union for a year if he walks out on his Raiders contract

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The idea that if he's blocked from playing for the Broncos he can just go play another professional sport is too silly for words.

lol deluded fan. Enjoy watching the Broncos succeed and Raiders fail. Keep living in the past, but hey that's all you've got I guess.

in his time at the raiders he won 2 premierships to the broncos 4, add an extra broncos premiership while he was at the bulldogs. yep such a broncos killer....lol idiot

King Ricky Stuart won 3 premierships thank you very much. This includes a CC medal (back when they meant something). And let's face it, he would have taken Brisbane's 93 premiership off them if he didn't snap his godly ankle after orchestrating one of the biggest thrashings of all time against Parra (a club who didn't deserve his genius).

That SL premiership was 1/2 a premiership. I can't believe you're claiming that. Even Mundine says it was only half. It seems you don't know your history very well by the looks of the numbers you're throwing up.

Ricky Stuart was a straight up Bronco Killer. He sent those horses off to the glue factory on a consistent basis.

He was also a QLD slayer at Origin level winning 4 out of 5 series at halfback. No NSW halfback before or since has achieved that. He completely owned QLD in every way imaginable. That team was often filled with 10+ Broncos during those days, so King Ricky was killing them on multiple levels.

Oh yeah and he also took Langer's halfback spot during 2 ashes series and won both series for his country. He was truly the savior on both occasions.

Ricky Stuart, a legend, a rugby league god and the man to lead the Raiders back to the promise land. I salute him.

Kiwi

First Grade
King Ricky Stuart won 3 premierships thank you very much. This includes a CC medal (back when they meant something). And let's face it, he would have taken Brisbane's 93 premiership off them if he didn't snap his godly ankle after orchestrating one of the biggest thrashings of all time against Parra (a club who didn't deserve his genius).

That SL premiership was 1/2 a premiership. I can't believe you're claiming that. Even Mundine says it was only half. It seems you don't know your history very well by the looks of the numbers you're throwing up.

Ricky Stuart was a straight up Bronco Killer. He sent those horses off to the glue factory on a consistent basis.

He was also a QLD slayer at Origin level winning 4 out of 5 series at halfback. No NSW halfback before or since has achieved that. He completely owned QLD in every way imaginable. That team was often filled with 10+ Broncos during those days, so King Ricky was killing them on multiple levels.

Oh yeah and he also took Langer's halfback spot during 2 ashes series and won both series for his country. He was truly the savior on both occasions.

Ricky Stuart, a legend, a rugby league god and the man to lead the Raiders back to the promise land. I salute him.

you're in for a long and disappointing few years I'm afraid

skeepe

Immortal
The Broncos are the most vile, despicable entity in world sport.

I hope they fail in absolutely everything they ever attempt.

They are the lowest of the low. Everyone knows their tactics here have been f**king disgusting, but the NRL won't do a damn thing about it because hey, it's only Canberra.

f**k you Broncos. f**k you NRL. f**k you Milford you dishonorable merkin.

Broncos fans, f**k off and die you miserable merkins.

Bench

They are the lowest of the low. Everyone knows their tactics here have been f**king disgusting, but the NRL won't do a damn thing about it because hey, it's only Canberra.

Welcome back mate,although you make some valid points.

Kiwi

First Grade

Good morning sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.