What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
Just put all the contractual talks to the side for a minute

One thing I still can't understand, why the f**k would you want a guy at your club if he doesn't want to be there in the first place?

I agree, which is the only reason I would want the Broncos to release Hoffman, if he is unhappy and wants to leave, then let him. What's the point of having a player in the squad that doesn't want to be there?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Make him sit out a year and they go in to 2014 a player down already and get labeled hipocrites and flogged in the media for 12 months and everytime Milford lines up against them in the future.

:lol: Only by bitter Bronco supporters.

Kiwi

First Grade

yes there will be bitter broncos fans sure, every club has them, but the media will use it to hype things up and sell papers, sad but true, unfortunately it works.

Speaking on bitter fans. Has anyone checked to see if Skeepe is ok after the last few days of highs and lows?

Interesting times ahead.

Raiders are between a rock and a hard place right now. I actually feel for them. They are dammed if they release him and dammed if the stick to their guns.

Release him and what message does that send to other players who might want out of the club before contracts expire? Plus the backlash from angry fans. Make him sit out a year and they go in to 2014 a player down already and get labeled hipocrites and flogged in the media for 12 months and everytime Milford lines up against them in the future.

Whatever the Raiders decide they are gonna get belted publically, again I feel for them.

After taking Ricky Stuart Raiduh's deserve what they get.

Dunce of a CEO - They sacked the wrong Furner IMO.
Liars and Cretins of players - Shillo and Campo denying getting Furner sacked then having to back track.
Antics between the coach and senior players before he even got there....

Seriously Canberra WILL get the spoon next year for sure, place is fast becomming a bigger joke then Parra.

Big Pete

Referee

The media still gives Bennett a hard time for having the audacity to relegate Hodges to reserve grade for the last couple of games in 2001...

Now imagine the type of stories that will emerge over a club's player of the season being forced to sit out an entire season.

Right or wrong, it's not a good look.

applesauce

Bench
Broncos and Raiders should just trade Hoffman for Milford, with the Broncos giving significant compensation to Canberra (in $$$ form). Would be good to see trades become part of the game.

If you are a Raiders fan and happy to pay a rookie 1 mil, and the Raiders and Ricky are trying this, you and Ricky deserve each other and should have matching Dunce hats glued to your heads.

Ricky Stuart owned your over-privileged club as Raiders halfback, and will own it again as Raiders coach.

Ricky Stuart is a man among men. Hopefully he gets a statue outside Bruce Stadium soon like other Bronco killers Daley & Meninga.

ek999

First Grade
why offer $1 million when Raiders fans insist he can't leave :lol:

You really are a stupid merkin. If he was able to just leave do you think he would still be contracted to the Raiders today? Of course he wouldn't, he would have alreay signed with the Broncos. Raiders are trying to get him to stay not just next year but long-term.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The media still gives Bennett a hard time for having the audacity to relegate Hodges to reserve grade for the last couple of games in 2001...

Now imagine the type of stories that will emerge over a club's player of the season being forced to sit out an entire season.

Right or wrong, it's not a good look.

It's happened before big Pete.

A worse look is letting players walk out of contracts. After Dugan and Ferguson I want the club to play hardball here

Kiwi

First Grade
Ricky Stuart owned your over-privileged club as Raiders halfback, and will own it again as Raiders coach.

Ricky Stuart is a man among men. Hopefully he gets a statue outside Bruce Stadium soon like other Bronco killers Daley & Meninga.
lol deluded fan. Enjoy watching the Broncos succeed and Raiders fail. Keep living in the past, but hey that's all you've got I guess.

in his time at the raiders he won 2 premierships to the broncos 4, add an extra broncos premiership while he was at the bulldogs. yep such a broncos killer....lol idiot

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The raiders and the Broncos have both been equally useless the last 5 or so years. The absolute desperation they've gone about getting players to break contracts says it all. Obviously the Broncos are a very historically successful club but so were (are I guess) souths.

Timbo

Staff member
Enjoy your 12 months out of the game Anthony.

Those saying he could just sign with the Reds for a year... One, I doubt they'd take him for a year. Two, I'm fairly certain the Raiders could still sue him for playing professional sport for another organization in Australia.

Big Pete

Referee
No doubt the fans want the club to play hardball - but it's going to come under a lot of scrutiny.

On the other hand, this move might finally trigger the NRL to implement a junior dispensation into the salary cap system. Which is funny given how little this (seemingly) has to do with money.

Despite earlier assertions against the contrary, the Broncos have been victims of having juniors poached.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If you signed him next year that would be fine and dandy. It's the fact he's attempting to walk out his contract that's the issue here. Although I would like as much junior dispensation as possible obviously

He should be banned for a year then he can spend every moment with his father.

Ironic that Hodges gets brought up. Another "homesick" Queenslander. Ben Hannant is my favourite "homesick" Queenslander. So "homesick" was he that he returned to Sydney :lol:

Tautau Moga will be the next "homesick" Queenslander

How come there are no "homesick" Kiwi's, Poms and Islansers though? Only Queenslanders get "homesick" :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Enjoy your 12 months out of the game Anthony.

Those saying he could just sign with the Reds for a year... One, I doubt they'd take him for a year. Two, I'm fairly certain the Raiders could still sue him for playing professional sport for another organization in Australia.

Bulldogs could do squat about SBW playing rugby what makes you think that has changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.