What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
There is a difference in making a player see out a contract for a year when you know its only a year, and making a guy see out a contract multi year the way Parra might have wanted to do with Papalii or like the Broncos might consider if Milford back flips.

but regardless, the raiders hanging on to him is nothing more than being merkins. It's not a desirable outcome and it's unlikely anything good will come of it.

This is a bad outcome for the raiders, but given we are just doing it to spite the Broncos at a very reasonable salary (i think he's still on his U20's deal, so pittance and you can bet he wont get another cent from us), it's a different kettle of fish than say the Eels forcing Papalii to see out a 4 year deal at 400k per year

but i dont want to get this twisted, this is not a good outcome, Milford is unlikely to play very good football for us given he doesnt want to be here... then again hopefully he'll be playing for Mounties so what do i care how his form is.

I agree about it being a bad outcome for the Raiders, keeping him in any way shape or form for 2014 can do more damage than good. Even playing for the Mounties you have a player at your club who does not want to be there, is being forced to be there etc, can't be good to have around. It's the reason I would rather see Hoffman released unconditionally if he does not want to be at the club.

skeepe

Immortal
Hypocrite. He had no issue stealing Norman from the Broncos.

From the same article:

But Ayoub said formal negotiations hadn?t commenced until after this year?s November 1 anti-tampering deadline.

Pull the other one you pathetic maggot. Nobody but the most naive f**king idiot believes that.

Ayoub can rot in hell the f**king scumbag.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Wighton 2016 - signed post Stuart
Edrick Lee 2017 - signed post Stuart
Josh Papalii 2016 - signed pre Stuart, except the club he spurned was a Stuart coached side at the time
Tevita Pengai 2016 - signed post Stuart
Tahakilu Pangai 2016 - signed post Stuart

Patrick Mago's brother has just signed on to play for our U20's and his family has moved to Canberra (cant remember when he's signed on until)

Brenko Lee is expected to re-sign with the club before kick off next year (negotiation on the deal has already begun)

Dont worry too much about us, sweet cheeks. Best focus on your own backyard.

Brenko Lee is official now. Just penned 3 year deal with the Raiders after knocking back a reported "monster offer" from the Warriors.

Damn you Stuart............driving all our players away!

King Ricky. He took the Roosters to the next level. He turned the Sharks around. He turned NSW around. He couldn't turn Parra around cos they're beyond help. He will turn the Raiders around. Welcome home.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cutting our nose off to spite our face would be working on combinations that include Milford imo.
We're not going to win the comp next year, if we were close and needed Milf for a shot at the title, id be all about playing him

but we're not. Playing Milford might result in a 12 win season and maybe a top 8 spot. Not playing Milford will result in an 8 win season... when that's your floor and ceiling, there is no sense in playing the bloke

We're better off giving the game time to Ahearn and Cornish so that in 2015 they are better placed to take us where we've got to go.

Milford isnt our best player anymore, he's the Broncos best player. The Canberra Raiders probably shouldnt pick Brisbane Broncos in their top line up at the expense of their own kids who could use the FG experience.

If he signed for the Broncos in June would you immediately want to drop him. We played Joel Thompson after he signed with the saints.

He should be used from the bench to help ease in both ahearn and Cornish but he should play. Silly not to play him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If he signed for the Broncos in June would you immediately want to drop him. We played Joel Thompson after he signed with the saints.

He should be used from the bench to help ease in both ahearn and Cornish but he should play. Silly not to play him.

I tend to agree.

Coming off the bench would be perfect IMO. We get that X-factor out of him without having him tie up a key position.

I'm not worried about him not "turning up". At the very least he'll have rep ambitions, plus I'm sure he has some good mates he won't want to let down on game day i.e. Papalii

Tone83

Juniors
King Ricky. He took the Roosters to the next level. He turned the Sharks around. He turned NSW around. He couldn't turn Parra around cos they're beyond help. He will turn the Raiders around. Welcome home.
Lol he didn't turn any of those teams around. They just badly needed turning around, he stepped in with big ideas, failed to turn them around, and left. In every instance. It's a safe bet the raiders will be no different. Arguably the hardest to turn around yet, the most toxic and damaged of all of the above.

What at this stage would be the point in the raiders building around a spine player in 2014, who will not be here in 2015?

I absolutely think he should be playing reggies.
Send him the SL, he can be close to family there... we are not going to win the comp next year, so there is nothing my club can gain out of playing him, other than maybe making the 8 before being bundled out

We're far better off using the spine spots to develop combinations for players who are going to be around to hopefully push for a premiership in the next 3-4 years.

If Stuart plays Milford at #14 as a bench utility, so be it. Im cool with that, but given we are not a premiership contender in 2014, we are best blooding Cornish, Ahearn and Wighton in the 1-6-7 spots and seeing what we have with them, instead of wasting a year of development on Milford

And that's not to say we should release him early either. Cause im vindictive that way :D
No one apologies for picking up our scraps like Carney-Dugan-Fergo, not many are that concerned this kids been ripped from us at the time he could bring us back to relevency.
So i dont see any reason to do any other club favours here. Nor the kid btw, he made his bed too and good luck to him, but im not going to feel for a 19 year old kid about to earn millions to play football because he cant say no to mummy or daddy.

Need a tissue mate?

Lol he didn't turn any of those teams around. They just badly needed turning around, he stepped in with big ideas, failed to turn them around, and left. In every instance. It's a safe bet the raiders will be no different. Arguably the hardest to turn around yet, the most toxic and damaged of all of the above.

Turned the Roosters into premiership winners.

Turned Cronulla into a team which finished equal first.

Turned NSW into a competitive team after 3 years of Bellamy hidings.

I'm pretty confident he'll turn the Raiders into a top 8 side next year. Time will tell.

I'm interested in seeing what he does with Campo. It's a make or break year for him.

Milf should play. If we're out of finals contention then drop him.

beave

Coach
That Roosters premiership he got was pretty much Graham Murrays IMO, as an outsider it looked like Muzz did all the hard work in the couple of years prior and got the ass due to a falling out with gould and Stuart swooped in and got all the accolades.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Need a tissue mate?

That's a strange reaction to that post, given it was one of the more level headed, least emotional posts on the topic. But no one ever accused you of being capable of following a discussion.

Maybe send them to my boy Blake, i hear he probably needs some this morning. :cool:

Seriously either something was iffy about that fight or Ferguson is the biggest joke ever.

Was like watching a grown man against a year 7 student and he still couldn't look like he was in it.

byrner

Juniors

You are joking arnt you? Roosters were already a gf side, sharks went backwards, NSW didnt win a series, and Parramatta lost more games than they did the year before.

King Ricky my left nut.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You are joking arnt you? Roosters were already a gf side, sharks went backwards, NSW didnt win a series, and Parramatta lost more games than they did the year before.

King Ricky my left nut.

To be fair, he moved the Sharks forward first. Might have been a shot in 2008 if Greg Bird's missus didn't headbutt a glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts