What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tone83

Juniors
Ricky is possibly the worst coach in the universe. Feel sorry for the raiders, talk about getting kicked when you're down.

blaza88z

Coach
surely even the most biased Raiders fan would admit they were going to have a titanic struggle on their hands if they wanted to keep ALL their juniors

I would pen them in for a premiership in the next 5 years with all their talented players coming through, if it wasn't for the proven to fail coach

Big Pete

Referee
That's basically been the story of the past 15 years for the Raiders. Have all this junior talent coming through but haven't been able to convert any of it into success and for the most part these players have to leave Canberra to meet their potential.

beave

Coach
Pete, just trying to think of some Raiders juniors over the last 15 years that went on to bigger and better things.

Ben Kennedy
Todd Carney
Luke Williamson at a pinch (he wasnt even a raiders jnr though)

????

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I was wondering who'd replace Milford :)
Patrick Mago, Brenko Lee, Tevita Pengai and Mitch Cornish all chances to debut this year. And there is a kid named Andrew Heffernan who looks exceedingly good for his age playing in our 20's side

As for who replaces Milford,
Ahearn will get a shot i recon. Pretty good young footballer in his own rights. The production line keeps churnin', pal.

You can dream about it.

Kiwi

First Grade
You can dream about it.
not anymore, the club is doing something about it. The sleeping giant of the last 5 years is finally waking up. Don't believe me think about the line up we'll have for 2015 for a second and then what the Storms fitness guru will do with the squad and the juniors Edwards will add to it over time.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...the-club-in-2014/story-fndv2wef-1226770827302

BRONCOS recruit Anthony Milford says he has no plans to return to Canberra, expressing his shock at a press release that represents the final straw for his career at the Raiders.

Currently holidaying in Samoa, Milford last night spoke out to refute Canberra's claim that he will honour the final year of his deal before moving to Brisbane in 2015.

The Raiders yesterday released a statement "confirming" the Broncos-bound sensation would report for pre-season training on December 16 and see out the 2014 season.

But The Courier-Mail can reveal Milford has twice told Canberra hierarchy he has no intention of returning, even spurning a three-year, $2.1 million contract extension.

The 19-year-old insists he was not consulted about Canberra's official statement in a development that has driven a toxic wedge between Milford and the Raiders.

"The way the Raiders put things out, I was disappointed and shocked that they would do it that way," Milford said.

Buckle up Raiders, you're in for a rough pre-season.

Big Pete

Referee
Pete, just trying to think of some Raiders juniors over the last 15 years that went on to bigger and better things.

Ben Kennedy
Todd Carney
Luke Williamson at a pinch (he wasnt even a raiders jnr though)

????

Carney
Soward
Kennedy
M. Monaghan
Vanikolo
Priddis
Weyman
Costigan
Hinchcliffe
Cross

Maybe not a whole lot in terms of quality but consider the impact some of those names had on other clubs and what success the Raiders have achieved and it stacks up.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Dugan, Thompson and S. Williams as well now that they've left the Raiders as well.

Mind you, the major point is that we've constantly heard about this Raiders talent which to it's credit, does perform well in the reggies but seldom delivers when it reaches first grade.

Could this by the cycle? Let's hope so.

Back to Milford, this situation seems very messy now. One thing to accuse the Raiders of messing up, but it appears Ayoub was on board with their statement as well...

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
I really don't care anymore. We have zero chance in the 2014 season with the losses we have, under no circumstances should we be releasing him.

His dads health didn't seem to be a huge concern to him when he spent a month in the UK at the world cup, it's obvious what's going on here.

I'd be assigning him to our NSW Cup side and if he doesn't front for training, sue him. I'm sick of these players walking all over us because they don't like the contract they signed in the first place. Enough is enough.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Buckle up Raiders, you're in for a rough pre-season.

Seems pretty straightforward and easy from a Raiders perspective.

His contracted to play with us during 2014 and whether he likes it or not he can not get out of that contract using the clause he wishes to activate as his fathers health has not deteriorated since he signed it, so either he plays for us in 2014 or he sits out the season and the Raiders sue him for damages.

Even if he does decide it's in his best interests to stay at the Raiders for next year, he won't play any NRL and he still won't be any closer to his family, so now it's just a lose-lose situation for everybody.

Rough maybe, but straightforward non the less.

Well at least now we'll be able to see how Ahearn go's in the big leagues and go hard for Locke's signature without having to worry about to Milford's BS for to much longer.

Charlie124

First Grade
I really don't care anymore. We have zero chance in the 2014 season with the losses we have, under no circumstances should we be releasing him.

His dads health didn't seem to be a huge concern to him when he spent a month in the UK at the world cup, it's obvious what's going on here.

I'd be assigning him to our NSW Cup side and if he doesn't front for training, sue him. I'm sick of these players walking all over us because they don't like the contract they signed in the first place. Enough is enough.

Serious question.

Can the Raiders actually sue him? I mean, if he flat out refuses to return to Canberra then he's obviously breaching his contract with them, but wouldnt that just give them grounds to stop paying him? Im sure he'd be prevented from playing elsewhere but how would they sue him and what would they get out of it?

Timbo

Staff member
Serious question.

Can the Raiders actually sue him? I mean, if he flat out refuses to return to Canberra then he's obviously breaching his contract with them, but wouldnt that just give them grounds to stop paying him? Im sure he'd be prevented from playing elsewhere but how would they sue him and what would they get out of it?

I'm reasonably certain we could sue for breach of contract.

But if he just had to sit out a whole season with no income and no contact with professional sports clubs, I'd be fine with that too.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Been watching this thread for a while now, but refused to comment, even when I knew "nee" had his mind set on the broncos. I speak to him regularly and he indicated to me (before the wc) that he's going to accept the Canberra offer.

I went to his brother's 21st on Saturday and everyone seems to think the same.

Good call dude...

:roll:

The real reason you couldn't provide a facebook chat log about this rears it's head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts