What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any chance of a new demo?

Goleel

Juniors
Believe it or not I'd almost rather not get a demo of the game. It's so close anyway, and because it'd be from the finished code, you'd be playing the game, just without your teams, and in limited circumstances. Your first experience with the game would be with teams you most likely didn't have as your first choice sides, on a crippled version of the game. The temptation to play the demo would probably be too great though, and I'd bow, besides, what type of site would I run if I said 'oh yeah, demos out, can't say anything about it but, coz I dont want to play it'. December is a long time to wait though...

Priddo

Juniors
Goleel said:
Believe it or not I'd almost rather not get a demo of the game. It's so close anyway, and because it'd be from the finished code, you'd be playing the game, just without your teams, and in limited circumstances. Your first experience with the game would be with teams you most likely didn't have as your first choice sides, on a crippled version of the game. The temptation to play the demo would probably be too great though, and I'd bow, besides, what type of site would I run if I said 'oh yeah, demos out, can't say anything about it but, coz I dont want to play it'. December is a long time to wait though...

yeah don't make a demo sidhe....don't make a demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

westhull

Juniors
I would love a new downloadable demo to see me through to the release date please Mario....when will you be able to say yes or no to a new one Mario

Razor

Coach
lionmaul said:
I would imagine everything that goes into a magazine must be ready 4 to 6 weeks before the magazine is released,

Not sure about PS2 or X-Box.

But with PC magazines the CD is finalised 5-6 weeks prior to the magazine going on sale.

So being on a magazine won't be much good because it won't come out until late December.

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
Given the delay, it is currently being considered.

I am tired of these American sports, and Rugby 2004 left much to be desired. Is there still a chance for a demo, to hold us at bay untill the full game is released and if so what type of time frame are we looking at? It would be cool to come up with a system where if you preordered the game you could get a pre release demo, this is done quite a bit in the states with many different games.
Cheers and Salu

gil10

Juniors
Well Mario what's the story?

You've had a few days to consider a new demo and there's been no word since.

The wait is becoming unbearable.

Priddo

Juniors
Zoot said:
personally, i think we should keep delaying it unitl next season begins

;-)

shall i start the flaming??????? :D

u can always update the roostr come 2004 and jerseys on pc..all the mods will update it till 2004....so release it asap :)

Crippler

Juniors
How about this

Game.com a UK website gave a free demo of Pro Evolution soccer 3 (best sports game ever) to anyone who pre-ordered the game.

Now couldnt some arrangement be made for say Electronics boutique to let the ones out there who pre-ordered the game first chance to play as we are the best customers for this game :)

It could also increase pre sales heaps more so you might decide to ship more full version copies whenever that is due.