What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any chance of a new demo?

matty w

Juniors
Mario, I was just asking if there was a possibility of u releasing a new downlodable demo or demo in the official Xbox or PS2 magazine disk. Youve been doing a great job and im just very p1ssed off at sony at the moment, and im also very p1ssed off that, even though the xbox game is all ready to go, i have 2 wait another 6 weeks for the PS2 version to be released (do u know why this is Mario?). So Mario, can we PLEEEEASE have another demo to quench our thirst and keep our interest up, PLEEASE!!!

matty w

Juniors
Cheers Mario! :D :D :D Thanks for all your hard work, it wasnt yur fault sony ( :evil: ) didnt pass it.

EMO_24

Juniors
If you do release a demo Mario, it will get everyone off your back.You have done a great job and have handled this situation well.I think i know what will be the most popular Christmas present this year.Hope its out before the 25th.

Erhan

Juniors
Even if it's just with two teams but the game-play and what you can do in it is exactly like the final version then I think alot of people (including me) will be mighty happy :)

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
i remember about 4months ago on the nrl roadtrains first stop i played a state or origin version of rugbyleague on the xbox why dont you just update the gameplay and release that (just make sure u make a pc demo as well) if sidhe released a demo that just might make me be able 2 bar the next 6 weeks..........

nz_kid

Juniors
I think it would be better if they made a demo that you could buy at the shop or in a magizine because it may take forever to download it on some computers but on the other hand it would cost us money and hes interactive money to put it on desk but it's a really good idea about realeasing another demo i hope u do mario

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
dude why would they make ppl pay 2 play a demo wouldnt that make ppl more pissed off and a new demo wouldnt be anymore than the movie and most of us dialup users managed 2 get there hands on that

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Mario said:
Given the delay, it is currently being considered.

Wow that surprises the hell out of me. Good thing if it happens though.

They should have The Australian Kangaroos 'v' The Forum Kangaroos :D :D :D

sleek_greek

Juniors
Any teams would be great as long as it was ten min halves and open to do everything

i so hope a demo comes out i hope it is part of a magazine so it can be played on ps2 or xbox consoles

tigergal

Juniors
forum kangaroos vs forum great britain that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool... hehe.. of course id love tigers but i could understand penrith vs roosters but roosters have already got to play as themselves in the first demo.. mario thankyou for considering releasing the demo... it is helpin me get over the depression of the game getting delayed

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Mario said:
Given the delay, it is currently being considered.

Not being weird or anythin mario, but if there is a demo released this wont be held as like a peacemaker sort of thing if they decide to delay the game again, e.g. oh theyve got the demo to play so they cant complain if we hold the game back until the new year, as that would be so annoying and frustrating.

Matta

Juniors
I think the best option is to not have two teams but three... Kangaroos, NZ, and UK, so it appeals to everyone around the world. Not a good option to release three seperate demos though, as you can't install them all at the same time (unless they change it)... but really I'd rather see the game come out.

Also, please don't put an edit lock on it! :D :D

lionmaul

Juniors
I am not an expert on the subject but it seems to me common sense wise that it is to late to release a new demo in a magazine. I would imagine everything that goes into a magazine must be ready 4 to 6 weeks before the magazine is released, and if it was released in a x-box or ps2 magazine it would probably be released very near the full game release date at this time. The only way I believe it can be released in a magazine in a timely manor, that means it would have to be released in a November issue or actually december issue which get released in November is if there was already an idea of a demo before this news from sony. Hopefully I am wrong in this matter. In any casy I am trully looking forward to a new PC demo which I believe could probably be released fairly quick. That is if they decide to release one. :D

PS. It would be nice if we could play a decent rugby game before the rugby world cup was over. Even though it is a different code. the spirit of rugby could still shine through in a good game, league or Union.

Cheers and Salu

broncos4eva

Juniors
I would think that now the PC & XBOX games are totally finished, etc, they wouold just need to edit the final build of the game so that it onli plays a 2 10/5min half game between however many teams they choose to let us play with and just lock all the menu areas they do not wish us to enter (ie Internationals, Superleague/NRL Comp, etc)...if this is the case this should onli take a week or 2 at most.....i really do think they owe it to us fans to show us what we have been waiting for a year for...yes, i know they have givem us several other media such as screens and videos but these don't comnpare to us actually playing the final build itself. I myself was very excited about playing the new demo o nthe roadtrain in september when i went to a finals match but alas IT WASN'T THERE!!!! Here i was waiting from May until September and i didn't get to play it :(.....a new PC demo with or even without commentary etc would be a HUGE buffer for us all until we get the final game in my opinion.

Latest posts