What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Everton fans here from pre Tim Cahil era ?

Eel Fanatic

Juniors
Just curious

I've been a tofee head since 1985 and things might just go our way this year...

All we need is a descent start !

Get IN !

Munky

Coach
I'm an Everton fan and probably have been one since birth due to my Mum being from Liverpool and being a massive fan back in the day (she had a season ticket) before migrating to Australia.

TBH I don't really rate Cahill, he has an amazing knack for turning up at the right time to score a goal but doesn't do much else on the field.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Tim Cahill is god.

_41756448_cahillbox416.jpg

boxhead

First Grade
Timmy is a Premier League record holder so he has to be a bloody good player (most headed goals by a single player). Still, he isn't the best player in that team. Not like it matters, he does his job.

Not an Everton fan myself but as long as they aren't versing Spurs or Arsenal then I'll cheer for them above the other teams.

langpark

First Grade
*raises hand*

I was born in '86 and my old man is a lifelong fan. I have been supporting them since as long as i can remember, since we had to tape that 30 minute ABC highlight show every monday at 11:30pm. Most Aussies at that point didn't know who Man Utd were let alone Everton.

The 90's was a great decade, we seemed to be battling relegation every season (which is so much more fun than being a mid-table team by the way, every point, every goal was so much more precious). I actually am still not used to the idea of us pushing for a spot in Europe now most seasons.

From that era, my favourite and most memorable match was against Wimbledon, where we had to win, not draw, to survive. We won 3-2 thanks to Graeme Stuart. Ah so many memories... :)

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
*raises hand*

I was born in '86 and my old man is a lifelong fan. I have been supporting them since as long as i can remember, since we had to tape that 30 minute ABC highlight show every monday at 11:30pm. Most Aussies at that point didn't know who Man Utd were let alone Everton.

The 90's was a great decade, we seemed to be battling relegation every season (which is so much more fun than being a mid-table team by the way, every point, every goal was so much more precious). I actually am still not used to the idea of us pushing for a spot in Europe now most seasons.

From that era, my favourite and most memorable match was against Wimbledon, where we had to win, not draw, to survive. We won 3-2 thanks to Graeme Stuart. Ah so many memories... :)

The wimbledon goalie that day has since been done for match fixing.

Check the goals out, some were a bit 'soft'.

Latest posts