What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody who rates todays test an equal of SOO is a tripper!

mullup

Juniors
Not a bad game today considering the conditions. Just don't come at me with this "as good as origin" bullshit... only a closet kiwi or pommy would trot out that kinda crap. :shock:

Munky

Coach
I'd rather watch two nations who have fought arm in arm with each other in the past than a state with an inferiority complex duking it out with a state with a superiority complex.

t-ba

Post Whore
Munky said:
I'd rather watch to nations who have fought arm in arm with each other in the past than a state with an inferiority complex duking it out with a state with a superiority complex.

Bingo. The Sooner the Tri-Nations has mroe prestige than SoO, the Better. We saw the potential of this format today. Hopefully the results over in the old dart echo this.

Todays game was much better than SoO 1 & SoO 3. SoO 2 was a match of super rare quality.

mullup

Juniors
I guess it depends on ones definition of "backfire" mate.

How many of the trippers above have stated categoricly that TODAYS test match is "as good as origin"?

hmmm?

mullup

Juniors
I should have added that, in a perfect world, the International game should be a pinnacle. I am sure though, that if we were to any player about the "quality" of the Rugby League played at International level vs State of Origin.... the latter would get 100% endorsment.

I'm looking forward to playing the poms, and seeing this team gel as I'm sure they will. I love International RL, it's great to touch up other countries.... just don't be a nincompoop and say it rates alongside origin, because it does not.

innsaneink

Referee
For too long the Australians dominance in international footy and the decline of their opposition, along with the rise of origin has seen the state rep series go to the top in terms of quality footy.

Its about time that international footy is being contested again, that lopsided scorelines are hopefully a thing of the past and we have some real test matches.

Club footy
City -Country
State
Internationals

Representing your country and the games themselves should be the highest thing to strive for. Unfortunately, with poor past international oppositions, state of origin has for some(fans & players) become the ultimate

While todays game was a great, hard physical contest, at no time did I ever think to myself 'state of origin'.
Maybe there are a lot of people of the age on these forums that have never really seen competetive international footy....Origin to them has always been the pinnacle,.....well, thats not the case and hopefully international footys back.

yakstorm

First Grade
Could it be claimed that Mullup is in fact the tripper trying to grasp onto whatever he can to claim that his prefered event of State of Origin is greater than what Internationals can offer?

Rather than offering some form of support for your comments you have just had a shot at anyone who disagrees with your view. The Test match today was not the greatest, but that said it is on par with a number of Origin matches played in the last 20 years and even better than some.

It was a good close contest fought out by 34 extremely talented players highlighting some brilliant skill despite the terrible conditions. There was plenty of passion and plenty of aggression, but at the same time there are of course plenty of games which have been better, I don't think anyone on this forum would argue with that.

All they are saying is this match, if the teams wore sky blue and maroon would of been considered a good origin match.

mullup

Juniors
yakstorm said:
All they are saying is this match, if the teams wore sky blue and maroon would of been considered a good origin match.

YAK anyone who is saying that is just not fair dinkum.

I appreciate your good-hearted attempt to stick-up for dickheads, but, take the tip... you wouldn't know..!

The Clan

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
Munky said:
I'd rather watch to nations who have fought arm in arm with each other in the past than a state with an inferiority complex duking it out with a state with a superiority complex.

Bingo. The Sooner the Tri-Nations has mroe prestige than SoO, the Better. We saw the potential of this format today. Hopefully the results over in the old dart echo this.

Todays game was much better than SoO 1 & SoO 3. SoO 2 was a match of super rare quality.

The Tri Nations and International football is bigger than the SOO unless you happen to be an insular Ausie sports fan who believes the world rotates around the NRL!

Get over yourselves guys there are many players outside of Queensland and NSW who are better than those who wear the Blue and Maroon jerseys.

Rugby League needs International football to survive the onslought of other sports, no one should be more aware of this than the Ausies who face competition from the AFL and the ARU.

The sooner you get your priorities straight the better for the game as a whole. No one would benefit more than the NRL if we get it right Internationaly.

yakstorm

First Grade
mullup said:
I appreciate your good-hearted attempt to stick-up for dickheads, but, take the tip... you wouldn't know..!

LOL, and what makes you an expert over anyone else who posts?

It will take more then one scrappy test match for me to even consider raising test football above Origin.

Face the facts.....at this point Origin is so far ahead of test football its not funny. Suggesting otherwise is to have your head stuck in the sand.