What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else sick of reading about Benji

Bulldog Force

Referee
Benji the greedy grub can learn plenty from Ricky Ponting. This morning it was announced that Ricky Ponting rejected and offer from the ca$hed up Indian Premier League worth $200,000 to play for them for 2 weeks. Instead, he said he'd rather spend the time with his family.

I'm sure nearly anyone here would've taken that deal if it was offered to them. $200,000 for 2 weeks work. Benji the greedy grub would've creamed his pants if he got offered that.

Benji the greedy grub can learn plenty from Ricky Ponting. This morning it was announced that Ricky Ponting rejected and offer from the ca$hed up Indian Premier League worth $200,000 to play for them for 2 weeks. Instead, he said he'd rather spend the time with his family.

I'm sure nearly anyone here would've taken that deal if it was offered to them. $200,000 for 2 weeks work. Benji the greedy grub would've creamed his pants if he got offered that.

Yes, of course anyone here would have.
We're all as rich as Ponting aren't we?

tiger_nick

Bench

worst analogy ever. ricky ponting with his acb contract plus endorsements earns over $2mil a year. for him to go and play the ipl and earn $200k is nothing. its barely a tenth of his salary.

benji probably earns around $400-$500k a year and is being offered DOUBLE HIS YEARLY SALARY for 12 weeks work.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU on this board would look at it if you had the chance.

worst analogy ever. ricky ponting with his acb contract plus endorsements earns over $2mil a year. for him to go and play the ipl and earn $200k is nothing. its barely a tenth of his salary.

benji probably earns around $400-$500k a year and is being offered DOUBLE HIS YEARLY SALARY for 12 weeks work.

F*ck all up against $200k?
Of course. Not for greed either. Heck, $10k is more than enough to actually live better for quite a bit.

sooperdooper

First Grade

your way off, ponting does not earn that kind of money...

bartman

Immortal
Let Benji go.

Let 'em all go in fact. Doesn't damage the game in the slightest imo. There will always be players coming through to replace them, if we look after our grass roots rather than greedy elite individuals.

If someone wants to earn more moeny that they can in league, then let them go and do that, and make it clear that it's not just a matter of them coming back when it suits them.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Let Benji go.

Let 'em all go in fact. Doesn't damage the game in the slightest imo. There will always be players coming through to replace them, if we look after our grass roots rather than greedy elite individuals.

If someone wants to earn more moeny that they can in league, then let them go and do that, and make it clear that it's not just a matter of them coming back when it suits them.

Couldn't agree more. The longer this goes on the more I wish Benji would hurry up and f**k off for good.

ponting is worth the money ... benji isn't worth $400k-500k

adamkungl

Immortal
Let Benji go.

You don't think that adding to our top players is better than replacing them?

Shorty

Staff member

Actually no I wouldn't.
And I work in a field where I am attempted to be poached by oppostion with money grabs all the time.

Rugby is an opposition sport,it is not acceptable for Benji to think he can have his cake and eat it.
It's one or the other,you can't jetset off and play Jap Rugby and then dance back into RL.

F**k the guy isn't even worth arguing about this,perhaps if he plays a proper season without injuries and actually lives up to his 1 year wonder form it would be.
Let him go,50 bucks says he's injured over there anyway.

bartman

Immortal
You don't think that adding to our top players is better than replacing them?
Adding money to them? No...

For the disaffected (Benji, SBW, Gasnier etc) nothing will ever be enough. We have to accept that their personalities are such that they will always be looking for the greener grass elsewhere. Let them go, we can't afford to cave in and keep them all.

adamkungl

Immortal
Adding money to them? No...

For the disaffected (Benji, SBW, Gasnier etc) nothing will ever be enough. We have to accept that their personalities are such that they will always be looking for the greener grass elsewhere. Let them go, we can't afford to cave in and keep them all.

What about the countless decent players who are playing in the ESL? There is enough talent over there, not elite Gasnier type players mostly, but solid first graders that would strengthen the competition quality massively, if not make a strong case for more clubs.

mik01

Juniors
I like Benji & like watching what he can do on a footy field but fair dinkum can the media please write about someone else for a change.

There is a team in the UK preparing for the WCC and I have hardly seen anything/the bears are submitting a business plan this year for re entry/trial games are happening everywhere yet all we read/hear about is Benji and his Japanese Rugny deal.

i'm sick of hearing about Bird and his halfwit manager trying to get a game anywhere.

once again we begin another NRL season with legal challenges, rugby union, glassers, pissheads, defections and negative f**kwits dominating the press.

time to get real and start promoting the f**king game!!!!!

bartman

Immortal
What about the countless decent players who are playing in the ESL? There is enough talent over there, not elite Gasnier type players mostly, but solid first graders that would strengthen the competition quality massively, if not make a strong case for more clubs.
I'm not putting down ESL at all, I've seen quite a few games over there over the years... but I don't think keeping the players that really wanted to over go there would strengthen our competition that much?

If anything the fact they want to and can go (except for those with criminal records and charges) gives the young players their chance to shine... keep every solid player in NRL and those young talents would be crying about not getting a shot.

The "crisis" about players wanting to go to Superleague, or Union for the money isn't a crisis for the game at all, and was massively overhyped by the sports media. Just let them go if that's what they want to do, only makes a real difference to them.

Latest posts