What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Didn't get to see the Pettis-Caceras fight, But from what I read Pettis dominated the fight. Caceras going on a decent run now might get a top 10 guy next.

Ceronne was impressive, Benson did what i expected him to do, Thomson unlucky to break his hand tho but i think the result would of been the same regardless

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Didn't get to see the Pettis-Caceras fight, But from what I read Pettis dominated the fight. Caceras going on a decent run now might get a top 10 guy next.

Ceronne was impressive, Benson did what i expected him to do, Thomson unlucky to break his hand tho but i think the result would of been the same regardless

Pettis got the first, Caceres got the second and the third was going down to the wire, I was leaning toward Caceres but could have gone either way. Both are young guys and both looked very good. And Caceres got himself an extra $100k which is always good.

Interesting to hear Thomson say he thought he won the fight clearly. I was shocked it was a split decision , would have had it Benson 48-47.

Tone83

Juniors
I wasn't shocked it was a split decision, benson should have done a lot more especially late when Thomson was clearly unable to mount an offense, the broken hand should have been the beginning of the end but it just fizzled out after that and I actually called the split decision. Benson won but he deserved a scare to make him pull his finger out next time. He lost the first round and got taken down enough times in the other rounds to justify a question mark.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Pettis got the first, Caceres got the second and the third was going down to the wire, I was leaning toward Caceres but could have gone either way. Both are young guys and both looked very good. And Caceres got himself an extra $100k which is always good.

Interesting to hear Thomson say he thought he won the fight clearly. I was shocked it was a split decision , would have had it Benson 48-47.
I had round 2,3,5 Benson Gonna have to rewatch it tho the majority of people think thomson won i thought Benson won clearly.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Yep, Can't see Reem losing this one but I thought that in his last 2 fights as well, wouldn't be surprised if Mir KOed him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I reckon the Reem-Mir fight could go one of 2 ways. They come into the octagon knowing its their last chance and go all out Wanderlei style or they get in there too cautious of getting caught with something and losing their job.

FTR I can't see them cutting Mir if he loses, he'll probably get a nudge toward retirement, but he strikes me as one of the un-cuttables re: big nog, Hendo, shogun, Evans etc

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
That was a bit of a let down of a card, almost always happens when it is hyped up to be great though.

The stoppage on Faber was a little early but I don't think it woul have changed the outcome, Barao would have stopped him at some stage IMO.

F*ck Pettis, Barao vs Aldo would be an awesome fight, would never happen seeing as they are close mates but still. I don't see how Pettis has earned himself a super fight yet, needs to defend the belt a few more times IMO.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
F*ck Pettis, Barao vs Aldo would be an awesome fight, would never happen seeing as they are close mates but still. I don't see how Pettis has earned himself a super fight yet, needs to defend the belt a few more times IMO.

I think it is more of the fact that Aldo wants to move up to lightweight (weight cut, etc). Aldo moves into the lightweight, he gets a title shot first up. No question. Lightweight division has stalled a little too especially with talk of Henderson not getting the rematch for the title straight away.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I think it is more of the fact that Aldo wants to move up to lightweight (weight cut, etc). Aldo moves into the lightweight, he gets a title shot first up. No question. Lightweight division has stalled a little too especially with talk of Henderson not getting the rematch for the title straight away.

If Aldo is moving up there permanently then I'm fine with it, but if its a one off then Pettis hasn't earned it yet IMO. If Aldo stays then Bendo is my #1 contender with another loss against Pettis probably dumping him out of the picture for a long while.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
If Aldo is moving up there permanently then I'm fine with it, but if its a one off then Pettis hasn't earned it yet IMO. If Aldo stays then Bendo is my #1 contender with another loss against Pettis probably dumping him out of the picture for a long while.

I think we will see Bendo in another fight before a title shot. Henderson vs TJ Grant probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.