What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/bellat...o-multi-fight-deal-ufc-holds-matching-rights/

Milendez to bellator because Dana is to proud to match the offer.
DW is losing it. Need to get off the juice. Getting sick of the ufc lately.

That Cormier match up is just f**king dumb that merkin shouldn't even be in the ufc yet let alone fighting one of the best.

Signing Cummins for Cormier is crazy. Dana made such a song and dance about Askren not being good enough to get in the ufc despite being an undefeated champ and then he signs this bloke for a co mainevent. Good on Cummins for getting in there but Dana letting his ego get in the way of business, can see GSP leaving as well if he keeps his ego trips up.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Machida looked good yesterday never in trouble. Id say his next fight will be vs Jacare to fight the winner of Weidman and Belfort. Would love to see Machida vs Belfort.

MrAnonymous

Bench
No interest what so ever in tomorrows card. You'd have to be a real dumb merkin to pay for that shit.

Rousey will win obviously.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
No interest what so ever in tomorrows card. You'd have to be a real dumb merkin to pay for that shit.

Rousey will win obviously.

Agree 100%. Should have been a fuel tv card or something, although if Rashad was still on it I would go to the pub to watch it.

Hope Rousey loses just coz I'm sick of the whole teachers pet thing going on with Dana.

ggmu

Juniors
Anybody else see what Cyborg said about dropping down to retire Rousey? While I'd live to see that happen I think there are to many obstacles in the way for this one. The 2 big ones being can Cyborg actually drop to 135 a lot of people seem to have doubts about that one. I also don't see Dana going for this one he not gonna wanna put his girl in harms way.

shiznit

Coach
Massive news in MMA today...

Nevada have banned the use of TRT in combat sports... Effective immediately... The UFC then quite quickly announced that they would be banning TRT across the whole UFC.

Consequently, Vitor Belfort is unable to compete at UFC 173.

Vitor has said he will be coming off the TRT... But can't do it in time for UFC 173.

So the new main event for UFC 173 is...

Chris Weidman vs Lyotto Machida

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Machida or Jacare, either would have worked.

Also interesting RE Nate Diaz and asking for a release. Not official since its on twitter I guess but still interesting nonetheless.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I don't understand the Belfort situation has he retired from fighting or has he just stepped down while he cycles off TRT or whatever has to do? Conflicting reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.