What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I'm off to see the Australian Cage Fighting Championship this Friday at Cararra. Is there anyone on their books I should watch out for?

Nice, I saw the last one at Sydney. Pretty much all the Aussie guys beat the foreign dudes in under 1 round and sometimes 1 minute. So with the tourny down too 4 all being Aussies and I think 1 Kiwi? then it should be mega entertaining for you.

James Tehuna (former Pride fighter) and Spagnolo were 2 fan favourites.

tokerShark

Juniors
Did anyone here watch that Never Back Down film?

It was awesome and cliche.
i didnt really like it, it felt like a episode of the OC with fighting,there's a couple other MMA movies out, TKO and red belt(i think thats what its called) TKO sucked, sooo budget, but red belt was alright.
I wish they would make a MMA movie in the style of rocky

AILD

Bench
******ufc 100 SPOILERS below***

Henderson ko'ed Bisping and Brock Ko'ed mir! Lesnar was all over Mir and worked his ground and pound. GSP getting the points over Alves was a decent fight too...thiago couldnt stop the takedowns.

Stonecutter

First Grade
To be honest, all the fights were way to one sided. Bisping circling into Henderson right hand! I mean c'mon even his coach told him to stop F-ing circling that way.

GSP was all over Alves, stand up was even, but GSP took him down at will. Wrestlers are boring as piss to watch.

Lensar vs Mir. Mir imo had the advantage standing up. Again the wrestler took Mir down at will, layed all over him with 300pounds and just pinned his arms are smashed him.

f**king hell lesnar is such a f**kwit lol. He is a genuine heel character lol.

Stephan Bonnar is really on the decline now, after another loss.

LOL @ Greg Jackson

"GJ: ok great round mr st pierre"

GSP: I pull my groin

GJ (chirpy as hell): I dont care"

Bispings KO was awesome. i kept imagining that bispings head bashed some secret button on the canvas that made Krystof Scozyinski (sp?) fly. seriously, watch it again and imagine thats whats happening.... maybe im on drugs.

Apparently Dana is keen to get Fedor now...

dragonfire

Bench
To be honest, all the fights were way to one sided. Bisping circling into Henderson right hand! I mean c'mon even his coach told him to stop F-ing circling that way.

GSP was all over Alves, stand up was even, but GSP took him down at will. Wrestlers are boring as piss to watch.

Lensar vs Mir. Mir imo had the advantage standing up. Again the wrestler took Mir down at will, layed all over him with 300pounds and just pinned his arms are smashed him.

wrestlers who dont do anything are boring, GSP was a class above Alves. Dont see anyone at 170 who can beat him. GSP v Silva at a catch weight of 180 would be sweet

tokerShark

Juniors
i f#cking hate lesnar, never seen such bad sportsmanship(except mundine), cant wait for that ape to get knocked the f#ck out, atleast 1 tool got what he deserved, suck it Bisping.

they were saying on commentry that they thought Belcher was robbed, i have 2 disagree, i thought Akiyama won it for sure, but i dont think it was a 30-27 fight as 1 judge saw it

after ufc 100 on mainevent they advertised Affliction Fedor vs Barnett. live sunday august 2 11:00am

Stonecutter

First Grade
I had Belcher...he was landing more and hurting Akyama bad! When Akyama took him down, he didn't do anything and Belcher got straight up very easily.

mozza91

Coach
he has fought at 175 in the past. Lesnar still acts like a heel but who really cares, Mir was s%#^ talking just as much and got pwned. Dana has to get Fedor into the UFC to take Lesnar on.
Fedor would destroy Lesnar in about 2 minutes, hell Arlovski would crush Lesnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.