What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
if only BJ was bigger... i would love to have seen BJ Penn vs Anderson... BJ would scrap!!

or Nick Diaz vs Anderson... that would be a fun fight....

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Nick Diaz vs be Anderson a fun fight. Anderson would destroy nick and I'm a massive diaz fan. Nick is a real good MMA boxer but Anderson would absolutely murder him.

Ram Man

Juniors
Ive never been a fan of GSP vs. Silva either....it wouldnt be a good fight IMO.
Plus the weight difference between the 2 would be ridiculous...Im not going to sit here and bag GSP for the lay and pray because it works...there is no getting around it that his tactic of using his wrestling wins fights, so until someone can combat his strength, why change just to please people who want to see your face look like hamburger meat. While he is winning title fights, he wont change!

Plus with all these super fight theories you are forgetting that whoever moves up or down the weight divisions, that Dana White has said all along that they will have to vacate their belt to compete in the new weight class.

MattJ

Juniors
It doesn't appear that One HD are going to show the UFC on Fox card this weekend, even though they broadcast the previous 2 fox events.

Anyone have any idea about where this card can be seen?

Special K

Coach
It doesn't appear that One HD are going to show the UFC on Fox card this weekend, even though they broadcast the previous 2 fox events.

Anyone have any idea about where this card can be seen?
I swear I've seen a few adds for it on Fuel

BDR

First Grade
if only BJ was bigger... i would love to have seen BJ Penn vs Anderson... BJ would scrap!!

or Nick Diaz vs Anderson... that would be a fun fight....

BJ got beaten by Lyoto Machida at Light Heavyweight just after he gave back the UFC strap. He was fat as hell though :lol:

Looking forward to the FOX card tomorrow, what an incredible line up. Word is Fox are refusing to advertise it in the US because they don't feel the main event is worthy of being on Fox. Diaz and Miller are going to go at it though, I can't wait to watch.

Jono078

Referee
Very good card, UFC will be happy with that.

Diaz has to be next in line to face winner of Edgar and Benson Henderson.

Ram Man

Juniors
I would prefer to see Diaz against Gray Maynard rather than Pettis....

Thought it was a fairly good card...Lavar Johnson just looks like a big thug who swings for the fences...could not understand why Barry would go front full mount to side control just to try and get a mounted crucifix...very bizarre IMO...its much easier to escape and regain the guard from side control than full mount.

I was very impressed with Belcher...he was swimming in deep water when Palhares dived and got one of his legs, Belcher was super impressive on the ground and really beat one of the best BJJ practitioners in the world with his sub defense and ability to escape time after time...not sure he is ready for a title shot yet though, that is the first top line MW he has faced in a long time...maybe put him in with Brian Stann or Chael Sonnen and see how he fairs...but he was impressive

Ram Man

Juniors
Dana White just announced via Twitter that Dan Henderson will take on Jon Jones for the LHW title on September 1st in Las Vegas.

Ram Man

Juniors
You would assume that it would be the same Hendo that has been fighting in Strikeforce and from the last fight against Shogun...I think he knows his time in MMA is starting to wind down and the next fight could be his last...I hope so anyway!

Snoochies

First Grade
Looking forward to it.

Now every second person I speak to who claims to fight MMA can now go and audition.

Status
Not open for further replies.