What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

carcharias

Immortal
I thought this would open up some serious debate. Pro's and Con's? Personally I would be okay with him moving on, yes he did bring us that elusive first premiership, but I think he has to change it up to stay relevant .

Unless we get Bellamy ..then who?
Nobody else stands out.
Bennett?
Too old

Barrett
f**k no

Des?
Pfft no thanks

Griff?
Ha

I remember when making the final 8 was a pipe dream.

Flano has us regular contenders.
Other teams rate us.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Not sure it's been mentioned but I read somewhere today that Val wants Flanno resigned before he signs again. No idea of the source was mindlessly hungover after drowning my sorrows (and anger) last night.

But we beat Melbourne, surely that trumps all those other minor things like relationships etc.

Poolshark

Juniors
Unless we get Bellamy ..then who?
Nobody else stands out.
Bennett?
Too old

Barrett
f**k no

Des?
Pfft no thanks

Griff?
Ha

Other teams rate us.
No argument there Carch on what he has done for the club. And slim pickings all round for available decent coaches, just think a 5 or 10 yr contract could be detrimental to our cause. Would be happy to sign him for another two and then see where we're at.

carcharias

Immortal
No argument there Carch on what he has done for the club. And slim pickings all round for available decent coaches, just think a 5 or 10 yr contract could be detrimental to our cause. Would be happy to sign him for another two and then see where we're at.
He won’t sign for 10 or 5
2 probably 3.
Other clubs would be climbing over themselves to sign him.

I’m completely ok with him staying on. We don’t want a junior coach.

Flanno has set up a lot of stuff from the juniors through to first grade and he is a good tiler.

Who else would you take seriously?

f**k that. 10 more years of Flanno. He’s no Bellamy.

Bellamy has won 2 premerships, Flanno 1, and Bellamy been at Storm double the time tha has them about even, Bellamy does seem to have more wrestling knowledge then Flanno though

Eion

First Grade
Bellamy has won 2 premerships, Flanno 1, and Bellamy been at Storm double the time tha has them about even, Bellamy does seem to have more wrestling knowledge then Flanno though
Bellamy also has a massive expenditure allowance, always has, a salary cap cheating assembled core squad as well.

Ads

First Grade
Bellamy is streets ahead. Don't even compare them.

Poolshark

Juniors
He won’t sign for 10 or 5
2 probably 3.
Other clubs would be climbing over themselves to sign him.
I think that would be a more sensible approach from the club, not a long term knee jerk reaction just because someone else might be interested in signing him now.

Weaponhead

Coach
Flanges strengths appear to be cap management, recruiting cast offs, engaging senior players, general man management, holding players accountable for performance.

He seems stuck on the grind, doesn't really shift the attacking game plan too much (although the subtle adjustment Sunday worked well).

Comparing whete the Sharks are now to when he started is chalk and cheese. The fan base now expects success.

I don't mind him signing an extension for 2 years. I wouldn't want to go much longer than that as the risks of going stale are significant for a long term deal.

Other teams rate us.

Well Flanno surpassed Johnny Lang's achievements, consistent finals appearances and premiership.

I'd be looking at offering him another 3 year extension, but hold the discussions after the season finishes.

As for succession planning, I thought Johnny Morris had ambitions to coach first grade and is currently serving his apprenticeship.

Of the current crop of coaches, I'd consider Seibold and Cleary worth considering, only hypothetically at this point in time.