What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC day game against the Roosters

The Roosters' game also highlighted how we've slipped back into bad habits and do all the little things poorly.

E.g. - shallow kick offs - so many teams start their set 30m out and then go on to make 60 in their set.

Short touch finders

Kicking straight to the full back

Missing crucial goals

Failing to get repeat sets (we must have the lowest drop-outs forced).

They dont seem to do the tiings that result in maximising time with the ball. It all combines to put little or no pressure on the opposition. That's all about discipline.

TruSaint

Referee
The Roosters' game also highlighted how we've slipped back into bad habits and do all the little things poorly.

E.g. - shallow kick offs - so many teams start their set 30m out and then go on to make 60 in their set.

Short touch finders

Missing crucial goals

They dont seem to do the tiings that result in maximising time with the ball. It all combines to put little or no pressure on the opposition. That's all about discipline.

Good to hear from you BFD.

GT0007

Juniors

Short touch finders

Missing crucial goals

Definately we are not performing well in any area at all

GT0007

Juniors
Fair post. Success does breed confidence. Next few weeks critical IMHO.

100% we need to pick up from our next game, although I think we will cover the origin period well it will only serve to give us false hope, we need to prove ourselves now!

To summarise - the kicking game, all around, was shit.

Bottle, you know, I just can't put it succinctly such as people as your good self.

More so, I wanted is to ask whether little things like kick offs are addressed by coaching staff.

And, are grubber kicks no longer part of our game plan? We don't we even try to force drop-outs? Is that part of the plan, or are player-makers not playing to the plan? This iwa not just evident in the Roosters' game.

...a serious question

GT0007

Juniors
Bottle, you know, I just can't put it succinctly such as people as your good self.

More so, I wanted is to ask whether little things like kick offs are addressed by coaching staff.

And, are grubber kicks no longer part of our game plan? We don't we even try to force drop-outs? Is that part of the plan, or are player-makers not playing to the plan? This iwa not just evident in the Roosters' game.

...a serious question

I couldnt believe we kept putting the ball in the air to Topou ffs. Witt did put one grubber in which went straight to Mini, I always thought you were meant to grubber away from players, we didnt even get close to it. Dugan created a try for Green by running to the line and putting one through. As for our long kicking game.....are you serious??? Mini didnt even have to move to take the kicks on the full and a few times they didnt even have their wingers back!

Gomarchin

Juniors
Why was Dugan up in the defensive line when Friend kicked for himself and scored?

If this was an instruction from Price it was unforgivable.

GT0007

Juniors
Why was Dugan up in the defensive line when Friend kicked for himself and scored?

If this was an instruction from Price it was unforgivable.

He may have been involved in a tackle as he came from that area and didnt want to leave a hole in the front line but I did see him up in the line another time as well. It has been mentioned in this forum that he may have been following coaches instructions and if so I agree its stupidity especially with Pierce ,Malony and Friend capable with the grubber. But I would be surprised if that was directed by Price. I also dont think Dugan stands quite deep enough in general as he always gets turned around by a clearing kick

dino2170

Juniors
lol look whos a waste of space u must be one of those that sing the virtues of the coach when we win 1 game and then you go missing when he loses games. mark my words its not the players that lose the game, it his blinkered perspective on the game plan.

karuah6

Juniors
lol look whos a waste of space u must be one of those that sing the virtues of the coach when we win 1 game and then you go missing when he loses games. mark my words its not the players that lose the game, it his blinkered perspective on the game plan.

Dino you are the one that goes missing when we have a win. If you had read any of my previous posts, I have never sung the virtues of our current coach, so you just don't know what you are talking about.
Maybe you should put your brain into gear before you start to correspond either by your mouth or the keyboard.
You are just a boring person that is hoping to put your name in lights even though you have no idea.

Latest posts