What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nicely said Tommy except lets not forget that Easts were kept scoreless in the second half.
...unless you want to forget it offcourse.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Code:
Willow said:
Nicely said Tommy except lets not forget that Easts were kept scoreless in the second half.
...unless you want to forget it offcourse.
Im certainly not forgetting that. It was pissing down raining...not great offensive conditions. On top of that the Dragons are one of the top 3 teams in the comp and both teams always put on a great game so scoring points was never going to be easy.

Having said that, our attacking concerns are still there but im still proud of the way we defended so many sets on our line.

All up ive no doubt the Dragons will make the Prelims at the very least, injury permitting. So its no shame to lsoe today with Mini and our centres missing. And hopefully if we get some fit players back and get some continuity going in attack then maybe we'll be in the hunt as well.

Still along way to go. The Dragon, Tigers and Eels (3 of the 4 Prelim teams last year) were nowhere as of this stage last year so im not giving up hope just yet.

tye

Juniors
Steve Clark has to be the worst and most arragant referee off all time. God he sh*ts me.

avsterooster

Juniors
good win to the dragons

our defense on line was good with the dragons scoring most of their tries through kicks... if mini had of been around he may of definitely helped that cause... it seemed our backs werent putting their bodies on the line...

i agree finch played well... some huge tackles on creagh close to the line. With the personel we had we put up a good fight...

but gee... whats up with anasta... there is no way he is 100% fit.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ask Moffo. One his favourite players. lol

C'mon Charlie, not too many players hit the deck like Braith does.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah, but that was alot different to "Timmo" who slowed down the play with the chooks on the attack. Very low act.
Santa also milked one the same as "sponge"....but IMO "Timmo's" action was a low act. A bit like Johns in last yrs origin who went down in the middle of the posts with an "injury".

innsaneink

Referee
I actually think he played possum primarily cause he thought hed get pinged for lying in the PTB, it was the last tackle and another set woulda been a hurdle for saints...also gave em a much needed breather.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Saw patches of the game while I was watching the other Anzac Day match and it seemed to be a ok match. Good result in the end, and for one a Moffo tip was right!

El Diablo

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Saw patches of the game while I was watching the other Anzac Day match and it seemed to be a ok match. Good result in the end, and for one a Moffo tip was right!

poof7pt.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr Saab said:
Yeah, but that was alot different to "Timmo" who slowed down the play with the chooks on the attack. Very low act.
Perhaps you could take your own advice: email him and give him a piece of your mind. Or better still, take it up with the ref, he's the one who stopped play.
Timmins looked under the weather to me.
Mr Saab said:
Santa also milked one the same as "sponge"....but IMO "Timmo's" action was a low act. A bit like Johns in last yrs origin who went down in the middle of the posts with an "injury".
lol. Don't you mean "Joey"?
Barrett was hit late and high by Harrison. What do you want the ref to do Charlie...? Allow a few spear tackles as well?

ouwet

Bench
lockyno1 said:

Other Anzac day match??? Oh you mean the Mexicans pffft

lockyno1

Post Whore
LebaneseForces said:
Other Anzac day match??? Oh you mean the Mexicans pffft

Aussie Rules- Bombers (my team) vs Collingwood. Great game of footy. Collingwood unfortuately won!:evil:

Latest posts