What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

lockyno1

Post Whore
c_eagle said:
Don't mistake me for someone who cares.

Fair enough. I'll watch the replay of the dragons-roosters tommorrow. I was never going to miss my AFL team playing this week!:D

Parra Guru

Coach
I was at the game and the Scoreboard flattered Easts full stop.

I thought Timmins slowed the play down, but Anasta tried it on aswell, so who cares.

Also the Roosters were on the right end of some bad calls, so you were probably lucky to score 12 points.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I was at the game and the Scoreboard flattered Easts full stop.

I thought Timmins slowed the play down, but Anasta tried it on aswell, so who cares.

Also the Roosters were on the right end of some bad calls, so you were probably lucky to score 12 points.

Are you for real, Naiqama was offside by a metre for the first 2 Dragons tries.. I am not convinced Wing was held up and it was a dodgy call for the Sa no try.. Dragons were very unconvincing against a depleted Roosters side and can thank Steve Clarke for ensuring they got home.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cockadoodledoo said:
Are you for real, Naiqama was offside by a metre for the first 2 Dragons tries.. I am not convinced Wing was held up and it was a dodgy call for the Sa no try.. Dragons were very unconvincing against a depleted Roosters side and can thank Steve Clarke for ensuring they got home.

You get some good calls, you get some bad calls. You know your team is s..t when you start blaming the ref!

gregstar

Referee
Cockadoodledon't said:
Are you for real, Naiqama was offside by a metre for the first 2 Dragons tries...
bwaaaaaah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

pearler!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Shillington try was a no try, Wes was on side.

I have only seen both of them once, as the AFL was on at the same time, but until I see the replays again. I'll agree with both decisions! Plus Roosters fans should be counting your chickens, your first try was just as dodgy as the others!

gregstar

Referee
i thought the shillington try was fair & that they were stiffed in the "obstruction" penalty at a crucial stage. there is no way that wes banana was offside. the video ref got all the decisions correct imo.

saints scoring tries from kicks is not neccessarily a tribute to the defence because it was an obviously pre-determined tactic which the roosters couldn't seem to defend against. saints blew another try from a kick & had close calls on two more & also received a couple of dropouts courtesy of them.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
gregstar said:
i thought the shillington try was fair & that they were stiffed in the "obstruction" penalty at a crucial stage. there is no way that wes banana was offside. the video ref got all the decisions correct imo.

saints scoring tries from kicks is not neccessarily a tribute to the defence because it was an obviously pre-determined tactic which the roosters couldn't seem to defend against. saints blew another try from a kick & had close calls on two more & also received a couple of dropouts courtesy of them.

Wes was most definitely offside for the second try, I was right in line. He was a metre in front of Head. The first try my eyes followed the ball but the Dragons supporters both in front and behind said he was offside as well.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Yeah, but that was alot different to "Timmo" who slowed down the play with the chooks on the attack. Very low act.
Santa also milked one the same as "sponge"....but IMO "Timmo's" action was a low act. A bit like Johns in last yrs origin who went down in the middle of the posts with an "injury".

The opponents body clearly hit him in the head. On what authority do you have that he was milking it ?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
gregstar said:
bwaaaaaah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

pearler!

I wouldn't be laughing, whilst I am realistic, we aren't a threat this year, your mob a making up the numbers as well.. Timmons should be at the retirement home, Barrett is thinking about England and how he will fit right in at a second rate comp and Gasnier tackles like he is Union already.

gregstar

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:
I wouldn't be laughing, whilst I am realistic, we aren't a threat this year, your mob a making up the numbers as well.. Timmons should be at the retirement home, Barrett is thinking about England and how he will fit right in at a second rate comp and Gasnier tackles like he is Union already.
i was laughing at your declaration of banana being offside.

good to see from your reaction that you are a gracious loser - LOL!

Red Bear

Referee
Great game of Footy once again, best game of the last two seasons and so far the best game this year. Well played Dragons, all their kicks looked dangerous and Head is a brilliant player (could he be a bolter for NSW??? Doubt it but next year touch wood he'll be there). Baily is excellent aswell

The chooks played pretty well, too flat in attack tho, and their kicking needs a fair bit of work.

The ref was terrible IMO. Dragons deserved the victory but i cant believe the No Try didnt go to the video, as it didnt look like much of an obstruction from where i was, and i cant believe he didnt go for the Bickerstaff one as i thought there was obstruction there, but thems the breaks. The offside was poor against both teams (players were continually infront of Clark) and the late shot on barrett, Harrison was already committed.

Morely, Harrison played well today, finch played ok aswell

Mr Saab

Referee
Immortal said:
The opponents body clearly hit him in the head. On what authority do you have that he was milking it ?

My own personal opinion and his quick recovery.
One minute he looks almost like he will be stretchered off, the next he is in the defensive line, one off the ruck.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie, I think he was worried about his neck. We might hear more about it later.

Quick general question if I may... Are all Roosters fans sore losers?
Surely not.

Kid

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
My own personal opinion and his quick recovery.
One minute he looks almost like he will be stretchered off, the next he is in the defensive line, one off the ruck.
Agreed. When the dragons needed the rest, the most experience player looked like he was gone for the game, got the rest, then participated as per usual. Gave them the chance to consolidate. I guess thats what experienced players do, you see it all the time. Still Clarke could/ should have said move the play the ball over here and play on.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
You get some good calls, you get some bad calls. You know your team is s..t when you start blaming the ref!

I know they are but the fact the Dragons struggled to beat us with about 8 players suggest they are little better than sh*t, which is the truth.. They, like us are making up the numbers..

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cockadoodledoo said:
I know they are but the fact the Dragons struggled to beat us with about 8 players suggest they are little better than sh*t, which is the truth.. They, like us are making up the numbers..

I agree about the dragons- they are pretenders especially when you have divers like Barrett in the side. However, you can't blame a ref. I hate it when fans do. You get some good, some bad calls!

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
I agree about the dragons- they are pretenders especially when you have divers like Barrett in the side. However, you can't blame a ref. I hate it when fans do. You get some good, some bad calls!

I have to, My therapist tells me I have to stop blaming Finch for everything..

Latest posts