What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC team

Meth

Staff member
Getting ready for the annual ambush. I always have mixed feelings. I want to put on a good team to be competitive, but at the same time I want to use the fixture to blood players. So my team will be a mixture of both.

Also, we have a serious problem at hooker.

1- Hoffman
2- Tuivasa-Sheck
3- Whare
4- Matai
5- Vatuvei
6- Foran
7- Johnson
8- Moa
9- Leuluai
10- JWH
11- SBW
12- Harris
13- Mannering

Res- Rapira, FPN, Taumololo, Brown

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I find your #11 and #12 players quite interesting...and get the feeling one or the other will miss out - or one of them will decide he's not in (again).

Matai is a Samoan player now, right? And really hope Foran is fit. Actually, I don't really give a monkey's about ANZAC Tests and I don't imagine too much of us on here do after the final siren goes.

1. Hoffman
2. Nightingale
3. Whare
4. SKD
5. Vatuvei
6. Foran
7. Johnson (by default)
8. Matulino
9. Leuluai
10. JWH
11. Taumalolo
12. Mannering
13. SBW (begrudgingly)

14. E.Taylor
15. Moa
16. Bromwich J
17. Proctor

Meth

Staff member
No Matai would be a real shame. I was just thinking that our 1-5 is as good as it has looked in a long time. If he is out, I would pick Glenn there. I am over SKD

Cold Roses

Juniors
No Matai would be a real shame. I was just thinking that our 1-5 is as good as it has looked in a long time. If he is out, I would pick Glenn there. I am over SKD

Interesting you say this. I was in the same frame of mind, but he has looked good recently. I posed this question to Roosters fans and a couple of them said he has been great as of late. He played out of his skin against Cronulla on the wing the other night.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Yeah true, Glenn is one I forgot about. SKD was good on the weekend as the last guy said, I'd rather give Glenn Proctor's spot on the bench and back SKD in.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Pretty keen on a backline something along these lines

1. Perrett
2. RTS
3. Whare
4. Matai/Simona
5. Nightingale

Perrett has been going really well this season. Doesn't have the attack that Hoffman has but he's playing at the back and doing it well.

Forwards have options galore, some great names will miss out. Hooker and the halves we pretty much have no options.

Not the slightest bit of hope with Foran and Luke out.

Last edited:

jaseg

Juniors
I thought Foran was injured? If not, Foran to 6 and Hoffman 18th/19th man. Most of the team picks itself, but it's looking real thin in some areas for sure.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Jason Nightingale
Gerard Beale
Dean Whare
Manu Vatuvei
Josh Hoffman
Shaun Johnson
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Thomas Leuluai
Jesse Bromwich
Simon Mannering
Sika Manu
Greg Eastwood

Martin Taupau
Ben Matulino
Manu Ma'u
Elijah Taylor

Tohu Harris 18th man

No SBW. He's leaving at season end, I don't feel any real reason to give him a 'send off' game - and he's not really demanding selection with his form.

Cold Roses

Juniors
1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Hoffman
3. Whare
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Foran (if fit, if not, Hoffman to 5/8 and SKD to wing)
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Leuluai
10.Warea-hargreaves
11.Matulino
12.Ma'u or Taumalolo (Can't split them. Need a hard running second rower)
13.Mannering

14.Glenn (Backup for Leuluai)
15.Eastwood
16.Moa
17.Harris

Meth

Staff member
No SBW. He's leaving at season end, I don't feel any real reason to give him a 'send off' game - and he's not really demanding selection with his form.

True. I forgot about that. I'm in two minds now. I think I would like to see him play in the Kiwis jumper one last time, but it seems a bit of a waste of a spot, doesn't it?

If Matulino is back and fit, I would definitely select him in SBW's place. Or maybe Ma'u

jaseg

Juniors
True. I forgot about that. I'm in two minds now. I think I would like to see him play in the Kiwis jumper one last time, but it seems a bit of a waste of a spot, doesn't it?

If Matulino is back and fit, I would definitely select him in SBW's place. Or maybe Ma'u

Yeah, if we weren't flush with options throughout the forwards I'm sure I would be thinking differently... but even with Pritchard injured we've still got JWH, Moa, Bromwich, Rapira, Taupau, Eastwood, Matulino, Mannering, Sika Manu, Harris, Proctor, Glenn, Ma'u, Taumololo, Taylor etc (I'm sure I missed a few). So given the talent there I'd rather just see one more of them get a game over SBW.

I had completely overlooked Perrett in my first thought, so I'm rethinking that.. perhaps Perrett to fullback, RTS to the wing and Manu Vatuvei drops out.

Penrose_11

Juniors
So who plays standoff then with Foran out and nine with Leuluai now injured?
Josh Hoffman and Isaac John I guess are both options at 6. We have zero chance with Elijah at hooker but can't see who else they might select there. They'll definitely be picking someone who plays 1st grade and options are few and far between.

Hoffman
RTS
SKD
Whare
Nightngale
John
Johnson
JWH
Havilli - lots of early dummy half runs to get front foot ball
Mutalino
Bromwich
Taumalolo
Mannering

Taylor - not a big fan but unsure who else????
Moa
Taupau
Eastwood

Penrose_11

Juniors
Maybe Hiku in at centre instead of SKD? Could Hiku play off the bench instead of Taylor as the 2nd dummy half? Food for thought really but he has good hands and lots of gas and definitely is match fit. Could be the bolter we're looking for maybe??

Getting ready for the annual ambush. I always have mixed feelings. I want to put on a good team to be competitive, but at the same time I want to use the fixture to blood players. So my team will be a mixture of both.

Also, we have a serious problem at hooker.

1- Hoffman
2- Tuivasa-Sheck
3- Whare
4- Matai
5- Vatuvei
6- Foran
7- Johnson
8- Moa
9- Leuluai
10- JWH
11- SBW
12- Harris
13- Mannering

Res- Rapira, FPN, Taumololo, Brown[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike0070

Juniors
Article in daily telegraph that SBW is boycotting Anzac test because of being implicated in World Cup Sleeping pill / energy drink saga.

I honestly don't think they were going to pick him anyway

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I wouldn't have a problem with John getting a run, but would be surprised

No surprise to see $BW unavailable, ANZAC tests don't look as good on his CV

WellsNZ

Juniors
This just makes him look like a plonker.

Surely he got the word he wasn't going to be picked, should have just come out and said "I understand with me leaving Union it makes sense for them to move in a different direction for the future benefit of the Kiwi side blah blah blah" and come out looking much better.

Diesel

Referee
He bailed on us last year for the ANZAC test and I'm sure it was mentioned after the WC that he was done with the Kiwis. Gotta feel for Harris after last year, will he be in the squad or 18th man?

vinnie delpino

Juniors
With Foran & Leulaui out.

1. RTS
2. Hiku
3. Whare
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Hoffman
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Taylor