What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

grandorient

Bench
Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t,,

The important issue here is, the better team won and they unfortunately did.

The refs call was more like 75-25 in favour of a penalty and so in my view quite OK.

GO

miccle

Bench
fact is

eels had a bad first half but only let in 10 points
storm better side at the end of the day
archer had a pretty poor reffing game let alot slide holding down in tackles, forward passes etc

i dont see the point for dragons and bulldogs fans giving sh*t to parra fans for the simple fact we made the gf and you didnt beat both sides in the finals etc

the only supporters that can rightfully give us sh*t is storm fans but u dont see them doing that do u?

bitter?? i think so doggies and dragons fans

Very well said here.

I actually don't think the call was that huge - I actually agreed with it on the replay. But when all is said and done, the better team held the trophy aloft yesterday.

To everyone bagging Parra, seriously why are you doing that? The team came from absolutely nowhere to win 10 from 11 and make the GF. They did that while playing great, entertaining football and put on one hell of a comeback to make yesterday the best GF as a neutral that I have seen since 2003. It was a very, very exciting match in the last 20 minutes.

So well done Parra - losing a GF hurts but you can keep your heads high IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think it was a bullsh*t call but no way did it cost us the game, our first half was terrible, we get back in the game and then we watch Inglis catch a ball and stroll over. That was the was ball game, well done Melbourne you were just too good.

Meth

Staff member
I think it was a bullsh*t call but no way did it cost us the game, our first half was terrible, we get back in the game and then we watch Inglis catch a ball and stroll over. That was the was ball game, well done Melbourne you were just too good.

This.

That call was terrible, incorrect and unfortunate, as it spoiled what would have been a great finish to the match.

But the Eels lost the match when they watched Inglis stroll over the try line

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Storm deserved it they were better.

One thing as a neutral i didn't want to happen was the game be decided by the ref and it did. Most likely would not have made a difference in the result but an eels set in their half from the scrum it should have been would have added more to the excitment and if they managed to score and tied it up a golden point or last minute FG win to the storm would have made it even more exciting to watch.

Definately wasn't a penalty

Dave Q

Coach
It wrecked the whole year.

You could tell that Gallop wasnt very happy afterwards.

The video ref should be able to over-rule the refs in these big games.

Why support and resource a sport that lets this clear injustice happen?

Wasnt a penalty, wasnt a fair outcome.

Avenger

Immortal
It wrecked the whole year.

You could tell that Gallop wasnt very happy afterwards.

The video ref should be able to over-rule the refs in these big games.

Why support and resource a sport that lets this clear injustice happen?

Wasnt a penalty, wasnt a fair outcome.

Dave Q

You have become my favourite non Parra forum member. Well said buddy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How anyone can say conclusively it was 100% an incorrect call is beyond me. Fui still had hold of Slater's legs - that's what the penalty was for I thought.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How anyone can say conclusively it was 100% an incorrect call is beyond me. Fui still had hold of Slater's legs.

That's because Fui had just tackled him. You can't put the ball on the ground to play it as soon as you're tackled. They got rid of that touch footy sh*t years ago.

It was such a great tackle it should've been called dominant. Otherwise where's the benefit to the player making the textbook leg tackle if the attacker can instantly play the ball with no markers?

Meth

Staff member
How anyone can say conclusively it was 100% an incorrect call is beyond me. Fui still had hold of Slater's legs - that's what the penalty was for I thought.

If slow motion was real time, he still let go of him quickly enough

Kiki

First Grade
i cant believe people are blaming the ref when the Eels were clearly outplayed. they didn't deserve to win.

Frailty

First Grade
The penalty at the end was fair for the following reasons:
  • Fui Fui Moi Moi had made a tackle around the legs after a half break from Slater. This is NOT a dominant tackle. Slater is on his feet and looking to play the ball - once he is on his feet he is allowed to play the ball. Moi Moi still has hold of his legs.
  • Furthermore a Parramatta player running back onside (and not involved in the tackle at all) jolts the ball out with his knee - not intentionally, but still interferring with the play the ball.
The penalty could be given on either one of these points.

As for above sentiments to the video ref calling over the referee in 'big games', I think it is these sort of knee jerk reactions that cause further problems in the game - such as the overuse of the video referee and the obstruction interpretation. Not to mention the video referees this year have made more poor decisions than the on field referees.

Case in point: Moi Moi's try. I'm not saying it is a no try - in fact my first instincts were try. But why would the video referee for the first time in the year only take two-three looks at it in a Grand Final?!

I feel for Parramatta, to come from 22-6 down against a class act like Melbourne in a Grand Final takes a lot. Unfortunately, they left their run too late. However, all of this whinging about calls has taken away from a great game that it was.

backdoor

Juniors
Some people are struggling with the concept that all 80 minutes are important rather than just the last 15 minutes.

nomarg

I've never seen one referee try to get one team home like that since Greg Hartley and The Dogs. A Disgraceful *.

Its not archers fault parra's kick options were disgraceful....

The better side won and the scoreline favoured parra

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I still maintain - Parra wouldn't have needed the call to go their way if they weren't 16 points down in the final quarter anyway.

Latest posts