What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

Paullyboy

Coach
If it's only the result that counts why do you watch the game?

To answer your question: Tony Archer.

You have nothing to whinge about, you are lucky it got as close as it did and the officials played a big role in that.

Alex28

Coach
It really doesn't matter whether the penalty was because Slater lost the ball or not - we all saw Fui Fui pull at his leg as he was getting up to play the ball. That is a penalty. If it was given for something else then it shows there is some justice in the game.

I feel sorry for Fui Fui because if there was one player who didn't deserve to give away a penalty at such a crucial time of the game it was him. He was awesome today.

natheel

Coach
fact is

eels had a bad first half but only let in 10 points
storm better side at the end of the day
archer had a pretty poor reffing game let alot slide holding down in tackles, forward passes etc

i dont see the point for dragons and bulldogs fans giving sh*t to parra fans for the simple fact we made the gf and you didnt beat both sides in the finals etc

the only supporters that can rightfully give us sh*t is storm fans but u dont see them doing that do u?

bitter?? i think so doggies and dragons fans

Parra

Referee
You have nothing to whinge about, you are lucky it got as close as it did and the officials played a big role in that.

Yeah, who cares. Why expect decent refs anyway.

It is so much easier that way.

BTW - no-one is claiming that the refs cost us the game. But why accept an inept display in the biggest game of the year? The fact that your team wasn't in it does not matter.

maccattack

Juniors
You guys are off your tree. As if Parramatta were ever going to win. You got sucked in by the hype. Thinking they had a chance.

They lost to the better team. End of.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah, who cares. Why expect decent refs anyway.

It is so much easier that way.

BTW - no-one is claiming that the refs cost us the game. But why accept an inept display in the biggest game of the year? The fact that your team wasn't in it does not matter.

Because you're acting like sore losers and in the process taking the spotlight away from the Storms performance

Why not mention Ben Smith taking out GI 1 m from the try line in the first half

Moi Moi's foot coming very close to the sideline for his try but was never checked

But instead you want to focus on a 50/50 penalty 5 mins from fulltime
:crazy:

Parra

Referee
How many poor decisions do you like.

Despite your angst, why do many bad decisions make the game better?

Surely one is bad. The fact you can drag up several more make Archer's performance even worse?

{ insert emo cartoon here for the weak-minded }

Delboy

First Grade
The real issue is that the very poor decision took an opportunity away, anyone that believes Archer is a god official is seriously delusional.

He makes too many mistakes, it is a shame that the system will defend him and we saw a great finish to a game taken away by an idiot.

m0nty

Juniors
Having watched it again on replay, I think Hadley got it right in the radio call when he identified Mortimer as the player who was running back to position and whose knee knocked the ball out of Slater's arms. Nothing to do with Moi Moi.

Eelectrica

Referee
Because you're acting like sore losers and in the process taking the spotlight away from the Storms performance

Why not mention Ben Smith taking out GI 1 m from the try line in the first half

Moi Moi's foot coming very close to the sideline for his try but was never checked

But instead you want to focus on a 50/50 penalty 5 mins from fulltime
:crazy:

Which as I've tried repeatedly to explain simply isn't true. But just keep believing your preconceived notions. Some skulls are simply to thick to knock sense into.

mazz

Juniors
Observations from Broncos supporter:

Melbourne wrestling techniques definitely slow subsequent play-the-ball speed; they did this to broncs last weekend. It did not get penalized the week before either which surpised me.

- Plenty of dubious passes from both teams;

- Plenty of around-the-neck wrestling/tackling from the Eels went without penalty in the second half.

- If it were Mortimer (and not GI) taken out, I'm sure a penalty would have resulted due to crowd reaction.

- Slater looked to have dropped ball; if it did come in contact with knee, that this was just sloppy on Slater's behalf. Tough penalty.

The crowd looked 95% eels supporters; If it were the other way round, scoreline may not have been as close.

Side thought...
J Hayne rarely seems to show any enthusiasm to run the ball back fast; he kind of dances around (I don't blame him - I wouldnt want to get smashed either). But still, I notice this often when he plays. Probably 30% of the time, I think he is bad for the eels - it's like he tries to conserve energy throughout most of the match, so that he can then burn opposition at later time.

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Oh well the Slater knock on/penalty more than makes up for the supposed high tackle on Inu. Now that was a joke of a call.

i thought it was a fair penalty.. the first shot clearly showed that he hit him on the chin, whilst the 2nd shot made the case more ambiguous

Avenger

Immortal
The real issue is that the very poor decision took an opportunity away, anyone that believes Archer is a god official is seriously delusional.

He makes too many mistakes, it is a shame that the system will defend him and we saw a great finish to a game taken away by an idiot.

f**king well said.

Patsy

Juniors
parra had the momentum - terrible decision but i always suspected archer had a love affair with the storm

not saying parra win if penalty not given but they were given no chance with the wrong decision

jimmythehand

Juniors
From a neutral point of view I think the Storm deserved a few good calls to go their way after what happened to them against the Broncos in '06.

Can't wait til the right people finally realise that we need a challenge system. I wonder how many years before common sense will prevail.

Parra

Referee

yep

Game_Breaker

Coach
Which as I've tried repeatedly to explain simply isn't true. But just keep believing your preconceived notions. Some skulls are simply to thick to knock sense into.

Whinging over ref decisions and trying to make out you're not sore losers :lol:

Yeah, keep trying

dollyhands

Juniors
Suck monkey balls you parra androtops!!! Have a big old cry. You should of had 2 players miss the GF and you still think decisions went against you!! boo hoo hoo ya big c*ck suckin babys:lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts