What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why do you care so much about what Dragons fans think regarding their own club?
JW asked you a question Baronness.

Joker's Wild said:
Pull your head in and let those who have followed their club well before the JV enjoy the past, present and future. No wonder they feel they dont have to put up with self righteous gimps like yourself telling them what is real and what is not

Got any more childish insults for me mate?
:clap:
Why do I care? I dont particularly.
And the big lie continues.

You know, if you keep lying over and over, it doesn't make it true.

Baron Vo Mander said:
Why do I reply.... Quite simply its the right and decent thing to do.
Hahahaha!!!! So it's about morality. I was waiting for this to pop up.

JW is correct, you're a self righteous gimp.

Tell me, when did you decide that your morals were superior to others?

offiah

Juniors
This thread is very entertaining, thanks to this Baron chump!

What team do you actually support Baron?

Kilkenny

Coach
It would not have been right if the GF had done off without one or more controversial decisions from either the on field officials or the video ref.

Billy had a shocker. Tony and Shayne likewise. I have some sympathy for the linesman in respect of the Morris over the sideline, some not much. All in all 2010 was a forgetable season for our officials and there is not too much optimism things will get any better in 2011 that is unless Steve Clark leaves the video refs box as he has surely past his used by date.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I think its a shame Illawarra has not got a team on its own merit, its such a big area and has such a large supporter base plus talent pool .

Thank the NSWRL for putting Cronulla in instead of Illawarra. In any regard, both St George and Illawarra are a large area and have huge supporter and talent bases. They're also historically linked together. In actual fact, it is not a shame that they became a Joint Venture - It is a shame they were split in the first place.

Were you originally a Dragon or Steelers fan , i would find it interesting to see what original Dragons fans would think regarding being able to revert back to St George Dragons playing all their games at Kogarah

I am a 26 year old legacy St George fan who has been involved in the R2K side of things as well as various other elements. I love our history and not just that, it continued on October 3rd 2010 when we won our first premiership as a Joint Venture. It now adds to our combined tally of 15 to now equal 16 premierships in total.

Whilst I would prefer to play ALL games at Kogarah, I am not an asshole and am happy to take a trip down the road to Wollongong to see us play games there.

Your view that we have only won 1 is incorrect. We won as a single entity 15, we have won as a joint entity 1, and in total wee have 16. Just as we have Illawarra's spoons, so we have our previous wins.

Illawarra won 0 premierships as a single entity, but as a joint entity they share our 1st win together. It isn't 3 as Baron Von bullsh*t would have you think, who ignores my questions knowing the example he is being asked to explain is comaprable to the Joint Venture and it would inevitably show him up to be the troll he is.

As far as I am aware the Illawarra area has become very profitable $$$ wise in the last few years whereas at the time of the JV the Steelers were just about bankrupt.

I think the two will exist together for a very long time.

It's getting better now since Saints have propped up the club financially and sent people to work on making the region profitable. WIN buying in 25% also helped.

It's profitable through hard work.

I don't want to dissolve the JV. I really don't. Because we're historically linked. We will, as you say, exist for a very long time and hopefully for as long as the game is being run.

Joker's Wild

Coach
TBH I think it would be too painful to split the two now. The Wollongong region has embraced the Dragons as the local side and tonnes of young fans know nothing but the Dragons as "their" team.

This JV has been a huge success

Joint Venture, NOT a merger. Please understand the difference, they aren't just worded that way to sound clever.

A JV is an alliance that is not permanent and keeps both former parts intact, a merger is two existing entities forming one new entity thus creating new history and starting from scratch.

St George and Illawarra are a joint force in the one club whereas Wests and Balmain no longer exist in the top line but a separate new entity is formed.

Wests Tigers is neither Wests nor Balmain but a new permanent combination, St George Illawarra Dragons is both St George and Illawarra in their original form in an alliance.

Please tell me you understand this difference, because if you do then the rest should fall into place.

Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty Ltd is a company, limited by shares, established under a joint venture agreement between the Balmain Tigers DRLFC, Western Suburbs DRLFC and Western Suburbs Leagues Clubs at Ashfield and Campbelltown.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=weststigers

CMUX

I can't believe this thread is still going. Why Dragons fans are so desperate to claim 16 premierships for St George Illawarra is beyond me. The St George Dragons will forever remain on 15 premierships.

It’s interesting that your own website states that 1999 was the inaugaral year and the team just missed out on it’s FIRST premiership.

The leagues club argument is just stupid. Obviously the St George Illawarra Dragons is a merged entity comprising of separate clubs so they have 2 leagues clubs – I would of thought that was obvious.

No Dragons fas has been able to explain why the tallies are (in their minds) the following:

Dragons – 16
Illawarra – 1
St George Illawarra - 1

That gives a total of 18 between the 3 clubs.

As for the T-shirt argument, who gives a f**k what it says. Souths are likely to release merchandise saying they are the “pride of the league”, that doesn’t make it fact though

taxidriver

Coach
the more important question is why are so many of you fanatical about the dragons record?

it's bordering on psychotic in some cases

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can't believe this thread is still going. Why Dragons fans are so desperate to claim 16 premierships for St George Illawarra is beyond me. The St George Dragons will forever remain on 15 premierships.

It’s interesting that your own website states that 1999 was the inaugaral year and the team just missed out on it’s FIRST premiership.

The leagues club argument is just stupid. Obviously the St George Illawarra Dragons is a merged entity comprising of separate clubs so they have 2 leagues clubs – I would of thought that was obvious.

No Dragons fas has been able to explain why the tallies are (in their minds) the following:

Dragons – 16
Illawarra – 1
St George Illawarra - 1

As for the T-shirt argument, who gives a f**k what it says. Souths are likely to release merchandise saying they are the “pride of the league”, that doesn’t make it fact though
Talking about desperate... did you read your own post?

Why do you care so much CMUX?

I assuming it's because you're in pain, a result of being eaten up by jealously.

Jason Maher

Immortal

Dragons – 16
Illawarra – 1
St George Illawarra - 1

There are 2 reasons. The first is we care about our history. The second is because dickheads like yourself get so wound up about it.

The official position of the club itself is that any titles won by St. George-Illawarra belong jointly to SGDRLFC and IDRLFC. Which is the only logical position, as these two clubs are 50% owners of St. George-Illawarra. The position that dickheads like yourself keep iterating would only be correct if SGDRLFC and IDRLFC were both wound up in 1998.

As for the 16,1,1 Premiership tally, you don't add them together to get 18. We are not trying claim 3 premierships for this year. We are, however, stating that the premiership won this year by the St. George-Illawarra Dragons belongs equally to the two owners of St. George-Illawarra: SGDRLFC and IDRLFC (the 16th and 1st Premiership respectively for these two clubs).

To put it another way:

Q. How many Premierships have St. George won?
A. 16 - 15 by themselves, and 1 in co-operation with Illawarra (as St. George-Illawarra).

Q. How many Premierships have Illawarra won?
A. One - in co-operation with St. George (as St. George-Illawarra).

Q. How many Premierships have St. George-Illawarra won?
A. One.

Perhaps Easts and Souths could follow suit. Might give both clubs a better chance of adding to their respective tallies.

Talking about desperate... did you read your own post?

Why do you care so much CMUX?

I assuming it's because you're in pain, a result of being eaten up by jealously.

Most of us just dont like the lies Dragons fans are telling.....

All of us applaud your win on Sunday and just dont see your need to cheapen it by rambling on with porkies Willow.

I still dont understand how you think 3 clubs can win a premiership in one day..... I admire your blind loyalty..... But fair suck of the sausage mate!

You've gotta admit that your wrong between me and you right?

thommo4pm

Coach
the more important question is why are so many of you fanatical about the dragons record?

it's bordering on psychotic in some cases

that is the best question of all.
The lengths some of the posters in here go to, to try and assure themselves that Saints have only won one premiership is staggering.

innsaneink

Referee
that is the best question of all.
The lengths some of the posters in here go to, to try and assure themselves that Saints have only won one premiership is staggering.
As is the other side of the coin.
Lots of Drags up the top of the ladder...desperation stakes :lol:

32763291.jpg

thommo4pm

Coach

32763291.jpg

I guess this thread didn't start off with the original poster stating Saints didn't deserve to win the comp. Hence the number of Dragons fans defending their team and high post count.
Given the thread is about the Dragons it's hardly surprising that a lot of Dragons supporters are on the list you provided.

dice

Juniors

32763291.jpg

It's a disorder called "other esteem". Some people have no self-esteem and desperately rely on other people, their sporting teams, or their materialism to make them feel worthy. If you take it away from them they are left feeling worthless because they really have nothing. After 31 years of nothing you are finding out which saints supporters are desperately clinging on to their only bit of self-worth.

Not sure what the disorder is for us sh*t-stirrers, but we are probably all sociopaths or similar :p

And where have I said that?
I don't think anyone else has said that the Dragons won 3 premierships last weekend either.

LOL.

Yes you do.

St George Dragons won their 16th premiership on Saturday apparently.
Illawarra won their first 1st.
And St George-Illawarra won their 1st as well.

Its pretty lol from you fine fellows isnt it?

Latest posts