What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

:lol: Oh my oh my

Please continue to make a fool out of yourself champ, its very entertaining to watch

JW always good to come in and slander, but never adds a thing to a conversation.

Not very often you see the combination of a germ and a moron combined into one but your a great exhibit.

Now run along child the adults are talking.

Guvner

First Grade
So 0.33333 of a premiership each is what a new contender for St Merge says.

So 0.33333 to St George.
0.33333 to Illawarra.
0.33333 to St George-Illawarra.

You do like to invent stats dont you. Tell me Milo, how does two entities sharing something in common come out at 0.33333? Do you understand what a Joint Venture actually is?

Rexxy

Coach
LOL love when the personal insults come out because it shows that the Dragons fans dont have logic to fall back on.

And Super League was the rebel comp and ARL was the official comp so in fact Newcastle Knights keep the 1997 premiership.

sometimes people have to resort to these things just to get you to answer the question.

I dont have any more energy or time chasing this, so whatever you reckon is fair with me.

Although your argument points to newcastle getting stripped of 1997 because you can only award one trophy in your mind, and the arl was terminated after that and superleague won the war.

if you are the old T man, good luck with everything and hope life is giving you some good times

rexxy

Guvner

First Grade
I was just using your logic with my argument , i didnt say it was right

No, you werent. Now, if the NRL sees fit for their Premiership trophy to be housed at the St.George Leagues Club doesnt that infer some sort of right of entitlement to that Premiership Trophy? I mean we have established that it doesnt just go on some national tour randomly visiting clubs regardless of whether they have a Football side. So......?

Joker's Wild

Coach
JW always good to come in and slander, but never adds a thing to a conversation.

Not very often you see the combination of a germ and a moron combined into one but your a great exhibit.

Now run along child the adults are talking.

Not much really to add that others havn't already pointed out to you 1000x mate but you still feel the need to carry on like a pork chop even though its clear as day that your "arguement" holds about as much water as a kitchen strainer.

Why do you care so much about what Dragons fans think regarding their own club? Smacks of the same arguement some make about Brisbane and Newcastles premierships in '97 yet not one single Knights fan would give a sh*t if anyone outside of our club recognised it as such or not.

Pull your head in and let those who have followed their club well before the JV enjoy the past, present and future. No wonder they feel they dont have to put up with self righteous gimps like yourself telling them what is real and what is not

Got any more childish insults for me mate?

sometimes people have to resort to these things just to get you to answer the question.

I dont have any more energy or time chasing this, so whatever you reckon is fair with me.

Although your argument points to newcastle getting stripped of 1997 because you can only award one trophy in your mind, and the arl was terminated after that and superleague won the war.

if you are the old T man, good luck with everything and hope life is giving you some good times

rexxy

Cheers Rexy best of luck to yourself to champ :)

Not much really to add that others havn't already pointed out to you 1000x mate but you still feel the need to carry on like a pork chop even though its clear as day that your "arguement" holds about as much water as a kitchen strainer.

Why do you care so much about what Dragons fans think regarding their own club? Smacks of the same arguement some make about Brisbane and Newcastles premierships in '97 yet not one single Knights fan would give a sh*t if anyone outside of our club recognised it as such or not.

Pull your head in and let those who have followed their club well before the JV enjoy the past, present and future. No wonder they feel they dont have to put up with self righteous gimps like yourself telling them what is real and what is not

Got any more childish insults for me mate?

Nah insults aint my bag matey, was merely replying in kind to you comming in here attempting to jump on a bandwagon like your famous for.

And I am not debating, I am pointing out fact.

More then 1 club cannot win the NRL premiership which is what the Dragons fans are claiming.

Why do I care? I dont particularly.

Why do I reply.... Quite simply its the right and decent thing to do.

blake1979

Juniors
No, you werent. Now, if the NRL sees fit for their Premiership trophy to be housed at the St.George Leagues Club doesnt that infer some sort of right of entitlement to that Premiership Trophy? I mean we have established that it doesnt just go on some national tour randomly visiting clubs regardless of whether they have a Football side. So......?

Are you serious, The St George Dragons Merged with Illawarra to create the St George Illawarra Dragons football team , same as Wests Tigers were formed out of Balmain and Wests and both those teanms have won their maiden premierships.

How can we give St George and Illawarra a premiership win when in other competitions they compete as separate sides and actually compete against each other?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Nah insults aint my bag matey, was merely replying in kind to you comming in here attempting to jump on a bandwagon like your famous for.

Yep, thats whats got me all the money and girls :lol:

And I am not debating, I am pointing out fact.

More then 1 club cannot win the NRL premiership which is what the Dragons fans are claiming.

Why do I care? I dont particularly.

Why do I reply.... Quite simply its the right and decent thing to do.

What fact mate? Its subjective, all of it. They are the Dragons, have been for a very long time and have won the 2010 premiership. So what if they have added Illawarra to their fold, that doesnt change history.

You dont care? If you say so

Right and decent thing to do? lol They are not beating up on their Mrs.

What fact mate? Its subjective, all of it. They are the Dragons, have been for a very long time and have won the 2010 premiership. So what if they have added Illawarra to their fold, that doesnt change history.

I lol'd some great calls in there mate.

The bolded is wrong but besides that top post.

blake1979

Juniors

It is subjective but your wrong about the fact they just added Illawarra to their name, talk bout an understatement.

If we are going to go off that logic i would go the other way round and say the steelers added the St George and Dragons, the teams base is at Wollongong they provide more juniors too .

It was a 50% Merger not a takeover

Joker's Wild

Coach
It is subjective but your wrong about the fact they just added Illawarra to their name, talk bout an understatement.

If we are going to go off that logic i would go the other way round and say the steelers added the St George and Dragons, the teams base is at Wollongong they provide more juniors too .

Well I dumbed it down so Baron didnt get overwhelmed with too much info mate but your right, Illawarra was far more than just added to their name (which if you look, is not what I actually said anyway ;-)).

To clarify. They are the St.George Illawarra Dragons and just because they are now in a JV, it does not mean that both club histories get erased beacuse of that but rather combined as Drew-Sta has tried so cleverly to point out.

The same can be applied to Wests too. It harms noone if they are all counted as the same club, so why begrudge long serving fans? Makes little sense except some being unreasonably stubbon with symantics

typicalfan

Coach

Joint Venture, NOT a merger. Please understand the difference, they aren't just worded that way to sound clever.

A JV is an alliance that is not permanent and keeps both former parts intact, a merger is two existing entities forming one new entity thus creating new history and starting from scratch.

St George and Illawarra are a joint force in the one club whereas Wests and Balmain no longer exist in the top line but a separate new entity is formed.

Wests Tigers is neither Wests nor Balmain but a new permanent combination, St George Illawarra Dragons is both St George and Illawarra in their original form in an alliance.

Please tell me you understand this difference, because if you do then the rest should fall into place.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Joint Venture, NOT a merger. Please understand the difference, they aren't just worded that way to sound clever.

A JV is an alliance that is not permanent and keeps both former parts intact, a merger is two existing entities forming one new entity thus creating new history and starting from scratch.

St George and Illawarra are a joint force in the one club whereas Wests and Balmain no longer exist in the top line but a separate new entity is formed.

Wests Tigers is neither Wests nor Balmain but a new permanent combination, St George Illawarra Dragons is both St George and Illawarra in their original form in an alliance.

Please tell me you understand this difference, because if you do then the rest should fall into place.

:clap:

RufusRex

Post Whore
NRL is a joint venture ... that must mean all premiership tallys started again in 98 ...

Bad luck raiders/rabbits/eels ... you will get your tally up to one some time

typicalfan

Coach
NRL is a joint venture ... that must mean all premiership tallys started again in 98 ...

Bad luck raiders/rabbits/eels ... you will get your tally up to one some time
Didn't read my post? If the NRL is indeed a JV then all previous history remains.

blake1979

Juniors

Yes i Understand but i disagree with the Wests Tigers part of it . They called it a merger but really there is no difference with what the Tigers have done to the dragons, they both still operate as their own leagues clubs (i Think) they still have separate Junior teams i.

Can you tell me what the Two clubs did differently ( im not trying to be a smart arse im trying to understand). The only difference i can see is that the Tigers were stupid and called it a merger.