What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Simple fact is that without the refs blunders we lead 16-0 at half time and it is a totally different ball game. We know it and Dragons fans know it. Biggest stitch up I have seen since the days of Hartley. The NRL got the result they wanted.

taxidriver

Coach
Simple fact is that without the refs blunders we lead 16-0 at half time and it is a totally different ball game. We know it and Dragons fans know it. Biggest stitch up I have seen since the days of Hartley. The NRL got the result they wanted.

:lol::lol:

taxidriver

Coach
Context is the key here lads. We're not playing the round ball game when possession comes and goes in the ebb and flow, where and when mistakes occur is the key in Rugby league. Bias aside, Wok Ryan, Laurie Daley and Des Hasler have all gone on record to say the Roosters were let down big time by the refs. Who knows it could be the Red V next time, would you be happy with the 5-1 penalty count and the blatant touchie error that directly led to your first try. Turn your sub woofer down and think about it, your boys played 80min of footy and only infringed once, seriously..

here's a couple i found without too much effort

How do you beat a team that doesn't concede points in the second half? You don't.
The Dragons played three games in the finals series and didn't give up points in the second half in any of them. They began by beating Manly 28-0 then came from behind at half-time to beat Wests Tigers last week. Last night they came from behind again to beat Sydney Roosters in the biggest game of all.Beat them to a pulp in the end, too

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...cond-half-to-roast-rivals-20101003-162uf.html

Bennett places his faith in the basics: discipline, team spirit, players playing for each other, advancing the ball with good control, and great defence. He said: "These things won games in the 80s, it wins today; and it will win again next week."
The Dragons certainly proved their coach right in their 32-8 demolition of the Sydney Roosters

The Roosters forwards never really established themselves in the contest and it seemed only a matter of time before this Dragons dominance was reflected on the scoreboard.
Dragons back-rowers Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan, Ben Creagh and Dean Young proved far too powerful for their rivals. These four men came up with 58 ball carries between them; each loaded with purpose and intent. They won this game for the Dragons

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-grand-final-magic-again-20101003-162tu.html

where are yours?

melon....

Coach
The roosters got the call of the decade in the 80th minute against the Tigers in week 1 of the finals . No one has any right to say the refs were making it hard for the roosters. Especailly seeing as Hayne was officating today and he was the one who made the call of play on from "that scrum".

The game was over 10 minutes before that when Warea-Hargraves copped the "great tackle" which made contact with his head first. Penalty to Easts. Game over. The idiots, like you, have to realise Wests were lucky it wasnt over in the 80th minute, because it should have been all over by then. But Easts didnt get the Penalty.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What delusional bullsh*t. You were gifted a GF willow
:lol: Oh boy... stop it, you're cracking me up.
Chook said:
just take it and stop trying to justify the blatant bias your team received during the contest.
Yes Chook, you're not biased are you? And how gracious you have been in defeat. Hypocrite.

Look loser, I gave Easts supporters congrats on being grand finalists and said they have a lot to look forward to next year. I didn't rub it in. But I make exceptions for sooks like you.

Face the facts. Take it like a man and not like a cry baby.

32-8

26-0 in the second half.

Thems the facts, deal with it.

There there is no Santa Claus.

Chook said:
Bloody child.

Chook.
LOL. Just another tanty from a sore loser.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Simple fact is that without the refs blunders we lead 16-0 at half time and it is a totally different ball game. We know it and Dragons fans know it.
Ah, Phunny. So in the absence of a rational argument you just decide how we think?

32-8
26-0 in the second half.

Roosterphin1 said:
Biggest stitch up I have seen since the days of Hartley.
No no, it's much worse than that. It is a betrayal of the entire human race.

It's cover up! Trust no one.
Roosterphin1 said:
The NRL got the result they wanted.
Yeah, for two years the NRL waved a magic wand to give the elusion that Saints were tackling the opposition and establishing the best defensive record in the League. It's true, I am privy to the secret documents.

It's an amazing tale of espionage, subterfuge and skullduggery that culminated in the invasion of the soul of Bondi Junction on G-Day.

It has to be exposed! Who will stand up and take on the evil overlords of NRLadia? I nominate you Phunny.

Anyone second the nomination?

CMUX

I don’t see the point in arguing the result of the game or the refereeing, the dragons won and it’s as simple as that.

Back to the premiership tally though…. Can a dragons supporter explain why the countries that made up the old USSR i.e. Russia, Ukraine etc. do not get credited for any of the sporting achievements that the USSR recorded i.e. Olympic medals. The USSR was an amalgamation or merger of several countries.

Why is the logic fit for that situation but not for the Dragons situation?

Why do Wests tigers supporters recognise and accept that their team has only won 1 premiership whilst Dragons supports bitch and moan and whinge and carry on trying to convince everybody that the St George Illawarra Dragons have won 16 competitions.

taxidriver

Coach
meanwhile at the chookpen...................................

Saints won the comp because of the weather.

walshies 9th love child
St Geroge didnt have one game in the early season heat

They had all Friday night games, giving them heaps of rest time

Dakota
Exactly what i was thinking last week - Dragons managed to avoid the heat by playing all the Friday night games during the season start, while conversely the Roosters somehow drew all the F*&ken Sunday afternoon games which took its toll when the doggies put 60 points on us.

NRL Political Pricks :x

Saints also won the comp because the NRL mandated an all Sydney Grand Final

walshie again
The entire season has been a Stich for St George, the NRL had to have an all sydney final, and they wanted to get these ****s over the line

and melon is there
Come on guys....it was their turn this year. In the take turns nrl.

but Souths fans rejoice, next year it has been mandated you will win

Our mate dice
I really think the NRL would want Souths to win which is probably why their odds are so short. Lookout for more changes in ruck interpretations to suit Souths big forwards.

you should see them turn on the sensible roosters fans telling them to pull their heads in, comedy gold!

Rodent

Bench
In recent times we just seem to beat the Roosters no matter what. We beat them all 3 times we met in 2010. With Gaz and without him. Does anyone remember where we were on the ladder before Gaz came on board? We actually had a lower win % with him in the team lol.
Sure we had some lucky breaks in the GF but so did the Roosters. They just weren't good enough to defend when they needed to and we were.

Jason Maher

Immortal
As if the call on Morris is the worst in GF history.The touchie has a split second to decide whether the player went out before he passed the ball or not. They quite often get it wrong, both ways (players called in who were out, and players who were out called in). Unless we want the NRL to become as stop-start as the NFL, so we can have video reviews of every play, we'll just have to lump the odd incorrect call.

By the way, the Morris call was no worse than the Leilua "knock back" call which happend soon after.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
The game was over 10 minutes before that when Warea-Hargraves copped the "great tackle" which made contact with his head first. Penalty to Easts. Game over. The idiots, like you, have to realise Wests were lucky it wasnt over in the 80th minute, because it should have been all over by then. But Easts didnt get the Penalty.
The hit was a beauty and it was legit even the man JWH said it himself.

Under your logic, why arent head clashes met with a penalty to the attacking side??? Contact was made with the head wasnt it??

_snafu_

Immortal
I don’t see the point in arguing the result of the game or the refereeing, the dragons won and it’s as simple as that.

Back to the premiership tally though…. Can a dragons supporter explain why the countries that made up the old USSR i.e. Russia, Ukraine etc. do not get credited for any of the sporting achievements that the USSR recorded i.e. Olympic medals. The USSR was an amalgamation or merger of several countries.

Why is the logic fit for that situation but not for the Dragons situation?

Logic? How can you compare a single nation that has split into its constituent nations with two separate football clubs forming a joint venture?

Your comparison only works in the situation where Saint George and Illawarra were to split. The question would be, which club would obtain the credit for the premiership won as a joint venture?

But it's not the situation.

Why do Wests tigers supporters recognise and accept that their team has only won 1 premiership whilst Dragons supports bitch and moan and whinge and carry on trying to convince everybody that the St George Illawarra Dragons have won 16 competitions.

Wests Tigers supporters speak for themselves, it's got nothing to do with Dragons supporters. I cannot see any issue if they wanted to combine the premierships won by Balmain and Wests.

You have to ask yourself why the NRL chooses to issue media statements and publishes articles which refer to "first premiership since 1979" and "their 16th title" and release Dragons merchandise which features "Est. 1921". Surely the question must be, why do opposition supporters bang on about it being our first premiership?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Logic? How can you compare a single nation that has split into its constituent nations with two separate football clubs forming a joint venture?
To be fair to Cmux, there are small band of sore losers creating hysterics.... mainly for themselves. No doubt he has been swept up by it all.

They say the NRL has been secretly plotting against them for ages now - carefully manipulating the fixtures, the referees and the weather to ensure that we win our 16th premiership, thus bringing about the end of civilisation as we know it.

To compare any of it to the downfall of the Soviet Union is not such a big leap.

;-)

Dr.J

Juniors
The biggest problem with rugby league refereeing (and let's face it the game has a systematic problem with refereeing - almost everyone thinks the standard is bad) is that so many calls are subjective.

Offside - players are inside the 10 about 30 times per game, 1-2 penalties get blown.
Holding down - players get held down excessively about 40 times a game, 1-2 penalties get blown.
High tackles - players get brushed across the neck and head about 25 times a game, 1-2 penalties get blown.
Flops/3rd man in - happens about 50 times per game, 1-2 penalties get blown.

In the old days you had one ref and no referees boss and the deal was that the one ref had to balance things out over the course of the game so no one got shafted. The biggest problem was home ground advantage because things generally levelled out 60/40 in terms of the home team.

Now you have two refs and a video ref there is not as much overall balance. You also have Robert Finch trying to macro-manage the whole setup and he obviously drums in mantras to the refs like "St George are really disciplined and the Roosters are really undisciplined" so that Saints win the penalty count every week (by having one in forty infringements blown against them) whereas the Roosters lose it every week (by having one in twenty blown against them).

Maybe the 'philosophy' is accurate and the Roosters do infringe more and deserve to receive the least amount of penalties in the comp and give away the most. The Roosters went in to the game expecting it to be referreed like that because they've put up with it all season.

It's when you not only get the 5-1 penalty count against (plus the leveller just before full time to make it look better at 5-2) but you get fair tries being pulled pack for flat passes and blokes being over the sideline by a metre and being allowed to play on, that you get the impression it was like the Stawell Gift with the Roosters running off scratch and St George getting a 6m head start. Even though St George ended up winning by 10m and therefore it is unlikely that the result would have changed, it is still a bitter pill to swallow that the game was not refereed equally.

blake1979

Juniors
As if the call on Morris is the worst in GF history.The touchie has a split second to decide whether the player went out before he passed the ball or not. They quite often get it wrong, both ways (players called in who were out, and players who were out called in). Unless we want the NRL to become as stop-start as the NFL, so we can have video reviews of every play, we'll just have to lump the odd incorrect call.

By the way, the Morris call was no worse than the Leilua "knock back" call which happend soon after.

I agree the Leilua call was a bad one but it was a completely different situation. while both being bad calls, the Touch judge was 2 metres away from Morris when it happened but with the Knock on they were a fair way from the incident, and more understandable a mistake was made.

LRC

The hit was a beauty and it was legit even the man JWH said it himself.

Under your logic, why arent head clashes met with a penalty to the attacking side??? Contact was made with the head wasnt it??

Contact was with the shoulder to the head...under the rules a penalty...under my rules...unintentional inherit risk of the game...play on.

LRC

In recent times we just seem to beat the Roosters no matter what. We beat them all 3 times we met in 2010. With Gaz and without him. Does anyone remember where we were on the ladder before Gaz came on board? We actually had a lower win % with him in the team lol.
Sure we had some lucky breaks in the GF but so did the Roosters. They just weren't good enough to defend when they needed to and we were.

I rewatched this game with my neighbour (diehard dragon) and he couldnt name too many decisons that went the roosters way compared with the dragons... Even he was embarrassed....however...good on them..win lose or draw..I think the dragons are a better team than the roosters at this stage of their development...doesn't mean they deserve to win the GF on that basis..the GF could have gone either way if the reffing was balanced more.

Latest posts