What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

CMUX

Hook line and sinker.

If you're not trying to discredit the premiership, then I have two questions:

1. Why are you still hounding their fans in this thread? It's not a good look and it makes yourself and your fellow supporters look like you've got the worst case of sour grapes in sporting history.

2. Why do you care if they're celebrate #1, #16 or #40billion? It's their prerogative how they celebrate. The club, regardless of who owns what share, has a long and proud history dating back to 1999, 1982 and 1921. Whether the record books erase certain feats or consign them to a different heading, they don't erase memories of men who lived through 1979 or any of the prior premierships. Your continued insistence that it's "number 1" only embarrasses you and makes it look like you can't handle a Grand Final loss.

Of course I don't expect a genuine, eyes-open response from this, just another "you hopped on the bandwagon" shot. To that I say - of course I f**king did. It'll be a cold day in hell before I hope the Roosters win a grand final.

Well first of all it has nothing to do with “sour grapes”, if they had of lost I would be arguing they have 0 premierships. I guess you are right though, I don’t care if in their mind Ben Hornby is the living embodiment of Jesus… I just like annoying Dragons fans :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
"horrible calls", "raped"

Like sands through the hour glass, these are...

images

Sorry Tommy, I know you mean well.

But the way some of you guys are exaggerating has turned this into one long comedy routine. Give it a few more days.
I won't deny that i may well be exaggerating the refereeing issue somewhat.

But hey, last Sunday evening really really stung. Bad.

So as ive been telling everyone, give me until about mid-2015 before i get over it enough to offer a fair opinion of the game.

But for now, from where i was sitting in the stadium, what was your fairytale story was my greatest nightmare. And the refs were the chief villains.

I mean seriously, Brett Morris almost passed that ball from beside me in row 48 when the Dragons scored the first try. That was just so criminally bad that its just demoralising how something like that can occur in a GF.

I know i know, i need to get over it! lol Im trying.:p

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I won't deny that i may well be exaggerating the refereeing issue somewhat.

But hey, last Sunday evening really really stung. Bad.

So as ive been telling everyone, give me until about mid-2015 before i get over it enough to offer a fair opinion of the game.

But for now, from where i was sitting in the stadium, what was your fairytale story was my greatest nightmare. And the refs were the chief villains.

I mean seriously, Brett Morris almost passed that ball from beside me in row 48 when the Dragons scored the first try. That was just so criminally bad that its just demoralising how something like that can occur in a GF.

I know i know, i need to get over it! lol Im trying.:p

Poor Todd Byrne.. in 2010 he may have been allowed to just get up and play the ball.

Dr.J

Juniors
Fair analogy (?) that maybe even Dragons fans will agree with:

England vs Germany at the World Cup finals this year, England is behind 2-1 but they are attacking, have all the momentum and then they look to have scored to equalise. The ball is 2m behind the goal, but somehow the on-field refs miss it and call play on. England knows they should have scored but an outrageous call has ripped them off. With 'momentum' and luck going their way, Germany manage to score again quickly to get it to 3-1 and then get one at the end of the game to ice it 4-1.

Hardly any one with the benefit of hindsight says that England were the better team on the day or that Germany shouldn't have won that game. However, England fans can justifiably say that very poor refereeing robbed them of a 50/50 chance of winning the game. Who knows what would have happened at 2-2 with the Germans squandering a lead? They would have had a lot more pressure on them.

Morris was in to touch by about as much as the England disallowed goal was over the line. It was a level of error that can happen but arguably shouldn't with the best level referees.

St George in the end better team on the day, but no one knows what would have happened to them under pressure if the Roosters had have achieved a substantial early lead.

Not that many post on League Unlimited, but I think the Germans admit that the referee had some influence on the result - some St George fans aren't as willing to say they got the rub of the green.

The analogy also breaks down in that the Germans were a free-scoring risk-taking attacking team in the World Cup that eventually got broken down by boring, methodical Spain, whereas St George were.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dr.J, I don't follow soccer.

I follow rugby league.

32-8
26-0 in the second half.

Garts

Bench
I cant believe this is still going. The Dragons were cleary the best team all year and deserved their victory. However we should not forget they only won as Manly had so many injuries :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I cant believe this is still going. The Dragons were cleary the best team all year and deserved their victory. However we should not forget they only won as Manly had so many injuries :)
Haha! I watched that game again last night. It was IQ and decided to record it on DVD.

Would you like a copy? ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
But they were to sh!t players. However i'll give you runner up status.

So Hannant missing 6, Roberts missing 11... even some of the middle-stringers like Halatau and Payne missed upwards of 15-20 matches.

You only used 24 players this season to our 33, the only big names missing any meaningful periods through the season were Stewart and George Rose.

The rest of your "big name" players all played in excess of 20 games this season out of the 25 you played.

Just sayin'

gregstar

Referee
i can't reconcile how any dragon fan could possibly believe that we weren't gifted that grand final.

the premiership victory measures up to the theory of the nrl wanting to secure the supporter base that the dragons have, given the time they've waited. why else would the referees have made such blatant errors? given that their boss is a former dragon, then quite frankly it really is obvious.

the roosters were robbed. we are certainly deluded if we think otherwise.

furthermore, how was gasnier able to play? what a rort! to think melbourne was dealt with so harshly & yet their successors are just as guilty! it makes me puke!

here we are worrying about the cricket betting scandals & all the time in our back yard, we've got this highly dubious result. sure, to remove some focus, the nrl has offered a token betting scandal with the cowboys & dogs, but the real story is in the actual title.

this stinks. the game is rigged. i feel dirty.

Garts

Bench
So Hannant missing 6, Roberts missing 11... even some of the middle-stringers like Halatau and Payne missed upwards of 15-20 matches.

You only used 24 players this season to our 33, the only big names missing any meaningful periods through the season were Stewart and George Rose.

The rest of your "big name" players all played in excess of 20 games this season out of the 25 you played.

Just sayin'

No wonder you have a rep on here of being a fatty Timmah, you nearly always take the bait :)

Big Pete

Referee
Please Garts, Canterbury are a distant 4th maybe 5th.

Brisbane, Cowboys and Warriors have more to complain about.

I like Dr. J's analogy and agree with it somewhat.

aussie7798

First Grade
just out of curiosity could anyone tell me in the entire history of the game when a player has been deemed to have stripped the ball with his thigh

any examples ever apart from this game.

still waiting for someone to come up with another example of this

juanfarkall

Coach
I thought 50uffs fans had claimed the title of Greatest Number of injuries in the history of dave taylor's universe