What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are South Sydney the real deal?

Evenflow

Bench
We're right. Everythings on track for us to finish top 4 and playing in our home stadium for at least the first 2 weeks of the finals.

If we win week 1 we could be looking at 3 ANZ finals in 4 weeks.

Everything is going to plan.

I hope you have to come down to Melbourne in week 1.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I hope you have to come down to Melbourne in week 1.
And I hope we don't. Playing Canterbury at our fortress (before any laughs, look at our stats there this year) is much better than a roadtrip down to Melbourne. We've won only 1 game outside of NSW all year.

As long as we don't finish 3rd we'll have every game at ANZ.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I think our level of threat to the premiership is limited, but not non-existent... We're a team who will need all of our big gun and our enigmas firing on the day to win the big one... a team like Manly could have a couple of guys having a bad day and still win over most teams.

I know one thing for sure, this is going to be a hell of a finals series.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Very powerful forward pack and a very good kicking game but don't know if they have the right attack to win the big one

natheel

Coach
defence wins you comps Bran. Yyes attack is a big part but in finals footy the teams with best defence usually go further

Manly
Melbourne
Bulldogs (still have my doubts)
Cowboys
Sharks

all have better defence (points against)

I'll count the Sharks out but imo Cowboys are a massive dark horse

BranVan3000

Coach
defence wins you comps Bran. Yyes attack is a big part but in finals footy the teams with best defence usually go further

Manly
Melbourne
Bulldogs (still have my doubts)
Cowboys
Sharks

all have better defence (points against)

I'll count the Sharks out but imo Cowboys are a massive dark horse

I agree I'm just pointing out that his argument is wrong

I think defence is totally different in finals. For example I think if Brisbane get back to their best their defence is easily as good as any side up there. Cowboys can defend really well on their day but the ladder doesn't reflect that greatly.

I can't really rate our defence though, we are very flimsy out wide

natheel

Coach
I agree I'm just pointing out that his argument is wrong

I think defence is totally different in finals. For example I think if Brisbane get back to their best their defence is easily as good as any side up there. Cowboys can defend really well on their day but the ladder doesn't reflect that greatly.

I can't really rate our defence though, we are very flimsy out wide

i don't think its just that. I think in the middle part of the game 10 before and 15 after the half time break you guys seem to drop intensity a little, it looked like we were getting some momentum but one try to you guys and we buckled. If it was against Melbourne or Manly those teams would make you pay. You guys have a good team and will be in the finals for a few more years to come but just little areas of your game let ya down in parts where good teams will pounce

BranVan3000

Coach
i don't think its just that. I think in the middle part of the game 10 before and 15 after the half time break you guys seem to drop intensity a little, it looked like we were getting some momentum but one try to you guys and we buckled. If it was against Melbourne or Manly those teams would make you pay. You guys have a good team and will be in the finals for a few more years to come but just little areas of your game let ya down in parts where good teams will pounce

Every team does that at some point. See the many Manly performances where they let teams back in. Didn't they leak 24 points to you guys after taking their foot off?

Garts

Bench
We leaked 24 points due to losing a couple of players and having T Williams and Buhrer out wide as a result. They exploted that.

natheel

Coach
Every team does that at some point. See the many Manly performances where they let teams back in. Didn't they leak 24 points to you guys after taking their foot off?

yes but like against Newy last week they ended up having a short bench and key injuries in both games. So really that doesn't count in the same category as 'losing their way'.

Bulldogs and Souths are both being found out (souths have just lost 2 games while it happened) where dogs i believe were found out by newy, brisbane, Tigers and now Raiders but fortunately they held in there for 3 of those 4 matches.

Really from kick off (anthem) i just knew we were going to lose. You guys have a much bigger pack than us and just steamrolled us up the middle but those bigger guys also get tired. Also difference between you guys having a slump in a game and Manly having one is that Manly have the type of players that are tough and know how to win ugly week in week out especially when it comes to the finals.

My GF prediction is Manly v Cowboys/Melbourne

Mr Blonde

Juniors
yes but like against Newy last week they ended up having a short bench and key injuries in both games. So really that doesn't count in the same category as 'losing their way'.

Bulldogs and Souths are both being found out (souths have just lost 2 games while it happened) where dogs i believe were found out by newy, brisbane, Tigers and now Raiders but fortunately they held in there for 3 of those 4 matches.

Really from kick off (anthem) i just knew we were going to lose. You guys have a much bigger pack than us and just steamrolled us up the middle but those bigger guys also get tired. Also difference between you guys having a slump in a game and Manly having one is that Manly have the type of players that are tough and know how to win ugly week in week out especially when it comes to the finals.

My GF prediction is Manly v Cowboys/Melbourne

You must be a nasty little person to actively support your Fathers team losing. Glad you're not my son.

natheel

Coach
You must be a nasty little person to actively support your Fathers team losing. Glad you're not my son.

This has nothing to do with my father as I said I quite like souths but it's fans like BM that make me want to see them fail at times just to shut him up

If souths win I'll be happy to see my dad happy he's been glum for a long time due to souths poor seasons

Bumble

First Grade
This has nothing to do with my father as I said I quite like souths but it's fans like BM that make me want to see them fail at times just to shut him up

If souths win I'll be happy to see my dad happy he's been glum for a long time due to souths poor seasons

Believe me, we don't blame you.

natheel

Coach
we have had 'fans' come on here like him too and it sucks but we also have fans who are humble in victory. I hope Souths win i really do. But the only down side of it is we will ALL have to listen to the prick for the whole off season and the thought of it is hard to get my head around

wolverine

Juniors
souths beat another team outside the top 8 and their season is 'back on track'.

hahaha laughable.

This is exactly what I thought yesterday. Wow, Souths just beat up on the team coming dead last, what a form turn around.

I think Manly really are the team to beat this year-despite the fact that the Bulldogs will be minor premiers.