What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are South Sydney the real deal?

seaeagle sam

Word around the media traps by Souths supporters is they tanked so they don't play Storm in the semis. :lol:

The loss we had to have, the tactical loss even though we didn't mean it but could have been a tank and next week's loss because maybe we would be better off coming from 5th.

First Grade
We're not starting to falter. It's all part of the plan. 3rd is the worst possible scenario that could happen. This was a tactical loss, even if we didn't mean to lose, it was tactically advantageous.

One of his best

000305zXJHF.jpg

Ladmate

Bench
You don't lose to avoid Melbourne. What clowns. The Dogs aren't much better to face at all and now you can finish 5th and get knocked out first week.

Collateral

Coach
I said it after the Dragons game; No way will Souths win the comp this year, especially now that the refs have stopped scoring tries for them.

First Grade
We're not starting to falter. It's all part of the plan. 3rd is the worst possible scenario that could happen. This was a tactical loss, even if we didn't mean to lose, it was tactically advantageous.

How would it have been likely to have finished 2nd? We'd still be behind Melbourne. They have 2 winnable games, they'd have to lose one of them and we'd have to beat the Knights and they never lose round 26.

We'll win next week and that'll be enough to get 4th. Then we'll have an epic clash at ANZ for a place in week 3.

25115070.jpg

Usain Bolt

Bench
Any truth to the rumours about some Sharks fans being thrown out of the game for racially abusing Inglis and Merritt? Alot of people were having a go at Rothfield on twitter about it

First Grade
Any truth to the rumours about some Sharks fans being thrown out of the game for racially abusing Inglis and Merritt? Alot of people were having a go at Rothfield on twitter about it

The absolute worst part of what you said is that you follow slothfield on twitter.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
Not the real deal based on our last two games. No excuses for the boring tripe dished out.
Hope the team can turn it around for finals time.The talent is there , however the belief may have taken a battering.

Loudstrat

Coach
3rd is the worst possible scenario that could happen.

We'll win next week and that'll be enough to get 4th.
F*ck you are clueless. Never in the history of LU forums has there been ANYONE so determined to ride the train for the full journey toward epic failure!

The stupid thing is that you wont admit your hypocrisy, you will try and justify it. The only way you can do that is to either admit that you have multiple personality disorder (that being Dumb and Dumber), or admit that you, somehow, have two equally stupid brains that compete with each other.

The third scenario - that your parents grew upon a diet of lead based paint and conceived you at Chernobyl - can only account for a minor proportion of your epic stupidity!

Take your meds and STFU.

I think it's time for decent Souths supporters to take an AVO out on you. On the basis that you have assaulted your clubs credibility and caused grevious mental harm to Souths and everyone associated with Rugby League, you should be banned from being within 100m of a computer.

I was also disappointed to see them lose. It happens a lot though when you have a player like Inglis out on the sidelines for a few weeks and when he's brought back into the action...it smacks you in the face. Everyone was expecting him to fire and make it all happen and the pressure is on him to win it for the team.
Proves Inglis is a myth?

Honestly, Souths have been playing fantastic footy this year, and its wonderful to see them do well. They have the ability to at least make the prelims, and a form slump this time of year is not fatal. They have 2 problems, one being what I spoke about after the Dragons game - that the club has a chip on its shoulder against the world that has seen two of its most important players, Luke and Inglis, suspended for stupid acts, with Burgess seemingly hell bent on being the third. The second problem is that Cronulla, Manly, Melbourne, NQ, Brisbane and Canterbury can play footy as good, or better, than Souths best on any given day.

I'd love to see Souths in the GF. I dont know if the internet can cope with the influx of chronic toothless geniuss that would swamp us all if it happened.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Me picking us to win and then thinking a loss isn't a bad thing isn't mutually exclusive.

I thought we would win. Because I think we're better than them. But that doesn't mean a loss isn't beneficial in the long run.

so according to you two losses in a row is beneficial https://twitter.com/Bunnies_Man/status/233890675261853696

5u14h0j03ia3ftukm18j_normal.jpeg
BunniesMan ‏@Bunnies_Man
Sad we lost but this loss will make us a better team for the rest of the season.let's smash Cronulla next week #gorabbitohs #NRLsouman

derp

BranVan3000

Coach
I think we have been playing without any hunger for weeks now. We got over the line against teams in that 6 week period because we were better than them but I think once it came to top 8 teams, our attitude showed us up. Manly wanted it more, sharks wanted it more and they aimed up against a top 3 team while we just went through the motions. I hope these losses give us back some hunger before the finals. Early in the season the Warriors really smashed us and I think we played our best footy for the 6 weeks following that

I hope for a similar result from these losses because we need a better attitude when it comes to the business end

Jason Maher

Immortal
We have lost the last two games scoring a total of 13 points and both games have been lost in the last 10 - 15 minutes. Have lost the spark in attack and discipline in defence. Need to turn it around quick or it will be, wait until next year - Taylor going, Lima, T Burgess and Teo on the way but still missing that X factor in the centres.

What you really need is a better 6 than Sutton. Stick a half decent 5/8 with a bit of experience in that team and you'd be serious contenders.

BranVan3000

Coach
What you really need is a better 6 than Sutton. Stick a half decent 5/8 with a bit of experience in that team and you'd be serious contenders.

Sutton isn't the problem it's a lack of enthusiasm in the forwards. If our forwards start playing better, Sutton has more room. Right now he is playing like our best forward. I think Reynolds might be playing injured too.

I agree with what you are saying overall, I think next year he might move to lock with Crocker gone and our u 20s half Keary coming into the team

BranVan3000

Coach
It's not the two losses in a row, it's the finishing 4th. 1 > 2 > 4 > 3. This weeks loss makes us more likely to finish 4th. That is a good thing when you look at the bigger picture.

No it doesn't. Playing Melbourne in a semi final with a second chance if we lose is better than in the qualifying final with no second chance

The higher we finish the better, that simple.