What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are South Sydney the real deal?

Sphagnum

Coach
The yards Parra were making down Souths' right edge yesterday suggests they won't be going far in the finals. When Ryan Morgan is making that kind of ground, you know your defense is terribad.

At least they won a game, even if it was against an untalented pack of nobodies like Parra are this year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
This has nothing to do with my father as I said I quite like souths but it's fans like BM that make me want to see them fail at times just to shut him up
You are simply pathetic. Your father loves Souths, because of some stranger on a forum you dislike Souths. So you want to see them fail, even thought it would hurt your father, just because I'd be disappointed. You have some f**ked up priorities and have absolutely no sense of perspective.

Here's an idea, if you hate me...hate me, but it makes no sense and achieves nothing for you to then have a problem with everything I happen to like.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
You are simply pathetic. Your father loves Souths, some stranger on forum dislikes Souths. So you want to see them fail, even thought it would hurt your father, just because I'd be disappointed. You have some f**ked up priorities and have absolutely no sense of perspective.

Here's an idea, if you hate me...hate me, but it makes no sense and achieves nothing for you to then have a problem with everything I happen to like.

ROFL.... It's a sport BunniesMan...

I doubt his father would be truly 'hurt' by Souths losing...

But it is him who has no sense of perspective?

Galeforce

Bench
The story of their year really. Not many wins against top 8 teams.

too many ME TO statements . Problem with these statements
1) only ONE team has really thrashed Souths this year .The Warriors and Souths will not be meeting them again this year.
2) Manly showed real class in the last game , however the game was NOT a blowout and Souths had NO GI. That result can be reversed
3) Bulldogs won the last game , however a foot into touch was the difference between winning and losing.I hope Souths meet Bulldogs in first finals game, they are there for the taking in my view.
4) Brisbane won both games , however they were good tussles, however unlikely Souths will meet Brisbane in finals.
5) Storm was a good game and the difference was Souths winger Talonoa did not dive into the corner for a try and Billy Slater did minutes later. Talonoa has not played NRL since.
6) Sharks , well that was Souths worst attacking performance this year , yet Souths were leading 7-6 with 12 minutes to go.Easily reversed.

In short , Souths have WON the same number of games as Manly and Storm (with game in hand). Souths have beaten the Bulldogs once this year already .
As for the rest of the final 8 , they have won LESS games then Souths.
Anyway , happy to go back under the radar , however could not resist responding to the me too statement.

Snappy

Coach
To many 'if only' statements, which are conveniently in souffs favour. What about the 'if only's' for the opposition in those games ?

de$$ie

Juniors
rofl pls stop

souths are an improvement on previous years, but theyre not gonna win the comp. i cant see them beating manly, melbourne or canterbury.

natheel

Coach
You are simply pathetic. Your father loves Souths, because of some stranger on a forum you dislike Souths. So you want to see them fail, even thought it would hurt your father, just because I'd be disappointed. You have some f**ked up priorities and have absolutely no sense of perspective.

where have i said i hate you? I dislike your attitude on here. You are one smug prick. pretty simple really. You may be a troll but its gone past the point of trolling and rolled into the fact that you are pathetic.

I have said on numerous occasions i like South Sydney

I've said on numerous occasions i would like to see them win the comp

i have also said that if they don't win then the one shining light out of it will to laugh at you and wait for the excuses to roll in.lets face it alot of other people will be waiting for it to and no doubt your posts (if Souths lose the gf or get barrelled out early) will be something your fellow south supporters will enjoy laughing at too.
I'll be upset for my Dad no doubt because he has watched me go through 2 GFs and a number of semis/qualifying finals where we have failed but would i have sympathy for you? No. Will i have sympathy for other souths posters in here? Yes there are many souths supporters who i enjoy reading their comments, just not yours.
I post shit to get a rise out of you and every time i succeed.

Carry on

Liddell

Juniors
Do you honestly think BM cares win lose or draw? The guy is a troll, plain and simple. The amount of time some posters spend coming up with responses to his posts still cracks me up.

natheel

Coach
Do you honestly think BM cares win lose or draw? The guy is a troll, plain and simple. The amount of time some posters spend coming up with responses to his posts still cracks me up.

he obviously cares enough to drum up old stats to try and prove points etc
he obviously cares and lets certain posters get under his skin and reply to every one of their posts

he may be a troll but recently hes just been pathetic

Galeforce

Bench
To many 'if only' statements, which are conveniently in souffs favour. What about the 'if only's' for the opposition in those games ?

I did not see one "If only" statement in my note.
I made the point that in the games Souths lost , were ALL reversible if the teams meet again. There were NO real blow out wins.

The Bulldogs are the first team I hope Souths meet . They are the easy meats of the final top 4 in my view. Bulldogs? should be called Sheepdogs with Baba being their only real weapon

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
I cannot see them winning the comp unless it's a 2005 West's Tigers Stephen Bradbury type win. In my view if its not like 2005 Souths will go out in straight sets in the finals series(if they make the top 4)- of course they could still finish 5th and be knocked out in the first week of the finals too.

BranVan3000

Coach
I cannot see them winning the comp unless it's a 2005 West's Tigers Stephen Bradbury type win. In my view if its not like 2005 Souths will go out in straight sets in the finals series(if they make the top 4)- of course they could still finish 5th and be knocked out in the first week of the finals too.

Why?

natheel

Coach
Been thinking about it and souths remind me of dragons in 2009. Not quite there yet. Good enough to crack the 4 but I just think there are teams there that can rise an extra 10% come finals time. Based purely on the fact that teams like Melbourne and manly have all been in the finals for quite a number of years and know what is needed to win those type of games.

I hope souths get close but of they come up against one of those 2 then they will struggle especially if it's first week they lose and get a second chance. I think the next week they will have just had too much taken out of them. Same goes for dogs in some respect too

Sameagle

Juniors
One of his best

000305zXJHF.jpg
Sorry abit behind in the posts, this isn't bunniesman is it?:?

Galeforce

Bench
Snappy,
you have been eating too much catfood mate.
even in your highlight work , where is the IF ONLY.
All i see , is an explanation there was not much in the loss.
Meaning , the result can be reversed , which means ,folks who state Souths cannot beat a top 8 team because of these losses have simple brains.
My view , Souths have as much a chance as any of the other top 8 teams this year.

Snappy

Coach
Ah Galey,

Are you to simple to realise that your comments are 'if only' comments, despite the fact you didnt actually write 'if only' ?

I'll spell it out for you so you can understand.

'however a foot into touch was the difference between winning and losing' directly implies that, If only that foot hadn't gone into touch we would have won.