What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Melbourne storm the most boring team in the history of RL ?

Are the storm boring ?

• Total voters

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Crikey, there must be more than a dozen people participating in this thread that 'hate' the way Melbourne play, still a long way to go before equalling the AAMI crowd that didn't. I'm a RL follower and I reckon it's a f**king shame that teams only care what their supporters think

Popeye logic - Crowd figure at AAMI Park minus number of anti-Storm grub posters on a rugby league forum = nett satisfied customers?

moffla

Bench
The sooner Smith, Slater (if he hasn't properly f**ked off already) and Bellamy retire the better off the game will be.

The game needs the Storm to be successful but not like this. Gee it would be great to have a non merkiny Melbourne team.
"Not like this"

What does that mean? I think you are just pissed off because your side were not talented enough to break down our defence. Maybe other sides should try learn off the storm rather than bitch and moan.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I love watching the storm play...

It is clinical and precise, like watching an NFL team (except even more impressive give they dont have the chance to set up a play and chat before each PTB). Its never lucky, everything they do looks totally intended.

We all talk about their defence (a bit dull, but blame the rules not the people who figured the out), but their attack doesnt get nearly as much respect as it deserves.

They dont just wait for a penalty or the other teams line to collapse, they create their own opportunities. They dont just throw it around and hope for the best, they seem to know what they want to do with every play...
you aren`t allowed to put a positive spin on Storm and how great they are..

T-Boon

Coach
T Boon thinks great attacking footy is randomly throwing it around with no structure until you drop the ball.

Thats how the game was in its infancy. There were about 20 tackles in a game....Sounds good.

Now we have drop and go ruckf**k Melbourne football....Sounds clinical.

Tommy Smith

Referee
i didnt say i thought they deserved those titles, but the game was played and they won, no amount of "but but they were stripped" really matters. Deep deep down you realise this.
Deep deep down I know that the record books show the 2007 & 2009 titles to be vacated.

It's entirely just and I give the Storm zero credit for those titles.

Smith & Cronk are chasing their 2nd title this Sunday. That's a stone cold indisputable fact.

POPEYE

Coach
Popeye logic - Crowd figure at AAMI Park minus number of anti-Storm grub posters on a rugby league forum = nett satisfied customers?
That just about sums it up, from Rooster supporters in a red phone box to Broncos supporters in a packed Suncorp and all clubs in between, teams only have to worry about satisfying their own supporters/sponsors and everyone else can take a f**king flying leap . . . no-one Melbourne cares about are complaining ol' mate

T-Boon

Coach
Canberra were terrible last night..,

Had every opportunity to win it but couldn't deliver when in really mattered...

Edrick had a bad night but the Raiders played some really good football. They could have wrestled a little better.

T-Boon

Coach
That just about sums it up, from Rooster supporters in a red phone box to Broncos supporters in a packed Suncorp and all clubs in between, teams only have to worry about satisfying their own supporters/sponsors and everyone else can take a f**king flying leap . . . no-one Melbourne cares about are complaining ol' mate

In my opinion the clubs also owe a duty to the code to promote it in a good light - just like the players themselves owe one. Melbourne are in breach of that.