What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Melbourne storm the most boring team in the history of RL ?

Are the storm boring ?

• Total voters

chigurh

I love watching the Storm play. They are a very entertaining side - well coached, high quality football topped off with individual brilliance.

lazza

Juniors
I just hate Cameron smiths play on defence.

But raiders tackled him well I though when he did run to get him on his back. (except for 1 time)

I've been watching the finals series just to seeing the storm will lose - been so disappointed so far. 1 more to go.

The more pertinent question is how do they continue to get such a charmed run with the refs?

Canberra should have won last night despite the Storm getting every leg up imaginable from the refs. I'm confident the Sharks can roll them.

T-Boon

Coach
I love watching the Storm play. They are a very entertaining side - well coached, high quality football topped off with individual brilliance.

Yes, their 70 metre 'drop and go' running game is a thing of beauty. Especially their fast play the balls. Thats what I call play making.

JJ

Immortal
They're just very efficient I guess... dislike a lot about them, but they know how to control a game and win

You know what you'll get, no mistake, you have to beat them - Canberra nearly did, Cronulla certainly can, need to convert opportunities and stay in front - Cronulla created a lot of opportunities last time and didn't convert

adamkungl

Immortal
f**k me there's some dribbling sooks on this website. Good on Canberra for being super entertaining while losing lol, dropping the ball over the line is how the game should be played.

Spot On

Coach
The funny thing is, the Raiders were grubbier in the ruck than the Storm tonight. Stuart's "plan" was to out-grub Melbourne. What a twit.

Exactly. They went a bit too far last night and paid for it. I can see what Stuart was trying to do re the media early in the week but the facts are his side was able to do a Mlb on Penrith last week and got away with it, he then tries to deflect that onto Cronulla (nice one Ricky, no one saw what you meant there) and then they went overboard last night and looked worse than Mlb in the ruck. Now that takes some doing.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Lol

Systematic salary cap cheating of the highest order is 'semantics'.

The people who think the Storm still deserve those titles amuse me. "Sure they cheated and assembled a team that should never have been, with star players that should have been playing elsewhere, but hey! They still had to win it on the day!"

i didnt say i thought they deserved those titles, but the game was played and they won, no amount of "but but they were stripped" really matters. Deep deep down you realise this.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Most boring team in history? No. Would I enjoy them if they my team? No doubt. But I'm much less excited about staying up past 10pm (NZ time) with an early start to watch Melbourne grind their way to another title and have the media fawn over how they're the greatest side in modern NRL history, even though they achieved it through a mixture of systematic cheating, wrestling and general cat play. Plus their fans are absolutely insufferable.

Go the Sharks.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The second half of the season 2009 Warriors say hello. First time I've left games early - I just couldn't be bothered.

T-Boon

Coach
Everyone wrestles. Melbourne are just extremely good. Well coached and directed brilliantly by Smith and Cronk.

The wrestling is probably the least boring aspect of their game - I mean its disgusting, but as you said everyone does it now. Its more the attacking style that has me switching off.

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, there must be more than a dozen people participating in this thread that 'hate' the way Melbourne play, still a long way to go before equalling the AAMI crowd that didn't. I'm a RL follower and I reckon it's a f**king shame that teams only care what their supporters think

T-Boon

Coach
I'm a RL follower and I reckon it's a f**king shame that teams only care what their supporters think

If that Storm crowd had a better rugby league education they would boo their own team.