What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Melbourne storm the most boring team in the history of RL ?

Are the storm boring ?

• Total voters

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I have no problems with the way Melbourne play.

I have no problems with Slater and Smith as people (Slater is actually a really good guy, as is Smith), but they are dirty players on the field imo.

But at the end of the day, I admire the Storm's self-belief and fight - Canberra were really on a roll in the first half, and a lesser team would have lost their concentration.

Instead, the Storm refocussed, believing they had the ability and game plan to win.

I went through the phase of "They're cheaters! f**k them!" like everyone else, but I grew out of it.

Having said all that, I hope the Sharks win - back-to-back years of maiden title wins would be excellent for the code.

rockcod

Juniors
In my opinion the clubs also owe a duty to the code to promote it in a good light - just like the players themselves owe one. Melbourne are in breach of that.

No the're not, they a play a style of football that is within the rules, players that flop around like a fish and fall over themselves looking for a penalty every tackle are a far worse advertisement for the game.

T-Boon

Coach
They play within the rules but not the spirit. They play a dog ugly brand in front of a frontier League city and I don't blame Melbourne for rejecting them.

STORM.99/07

Bench
They play within the rules but not the spirit. They play a dog ugly brand in front of a frontier League city and I don't blame Melbourne for rejecting them.
And what is your excuse for sydney crowds rejecting sydney clubs. no one turns up for them.

Doomednow

Bench
"Not like this"

What does that mean? I think you are just pissed off because your side were not talented enough to break down our defence. Maybe other sides should try learn off the storm rather than bitch and moan.

Lol I think you are pissed off because you support a slimy club. Melbourne's success is built off the unholy trinity of shitty things: Cheating, wrestling, and slowing the game down. Congrats, I guess.

I'll take supporting a good team of not shitmerkins over Melbourne's record, thanks.

The_Shield

Juniors

Melbourne's rejecting the Storm? Don't think so buddy.

Also how how do Melbourne not play in the spirit of the game? Unless your talking about the wrestle, which every team does (Raiders were all over Melbourne last night) but only the Storm get blamed for.

Haters gunna hate I guess

The_Shield

Juniors
Lol I think you are pissed off because you support a slimy club. Melbourne's success is built off the unholy trinity of shitty things: Cheating, wrestling, and slowing the game down. Congrats, I guess.

I'll take supporting a good team of not shitmerkins over Melbourne's record, thanks.

Whatever you got to tell yourself to make you feel better buddy.

Bulldogs cheated - nobody cares
Warriors cheated - nobody cares
Titans cheated - nobody cares
Eels cheated - nobody cares
Sharks cheated - nobody cares

Storm cheated - they're dirty rotten grubby cheating merkins.

Doomednow

Bench

Haha literally everyone cared about the Bulldogs cheating. Nobody cares about the others because they are so useless they couldn't even find success while doing it. The Storm on the other hand have somehow managed to retain their rep spine by having a big enough whinge.

And from that they've wrestled and chicken winged their way to success. They even broke a dudes spine and while he was paralysed on the field their captain was whinging about a penalty.

It's funny watching fans try to defend this shit. Scum club, it's not even hard to argue haha.

T-Boon

Coach
Melbourne's rejecting the Storm? Don't think so buddy.

Also how how do Melbourne not play in the spirit of the game? Unless your talking about the wrestle, which every team does (Raiders were all over Melbourne last night) but only the Storm get blamed for.

they are one of the least supported football clubs in the city. Ahead of I guess Rebels and Melbourne City. Given their ten years of dominance in terms of results that makes them the worst in my opinion.
Had they chosen to play an attractive brand of football they would be playing in front of big crowds.

T-Boon

Coach
He is right they are scum. Smith will never live down his behaviour while Alex was injured on the field.

BuffaloRules

Coach

I care about the Bulldogs...

Just as calculated and cynical as the Storm but they got to keep ALL their players and win the title two years later...

Plus they are SuperLeague scum..

The_Shield

Juniors
Haha literally everyone cared about the Bulldogs cheating. Nobody cares about the others because they are so useless they couldn't even find success while doing it. The Storm on the other hand have somehow managed to retain their rep spine by having a big enough whinge.

And from that they've wrestled and chicken winged their way to success. They even broke a dudes spine and while he was paralysed on the field their captain was whinging about a penalty.

It's funny watching fans try to defend this shit. Scum club, it's not even hard to argue haha.

Melbourne lost 17 players when they got caught. How many did the Bulldogs lose?

Nobody knew how bad McKinnons injury was at the time. And Smith just said what everybody else was thinking, if he didn't duck his head then that doesn't happen. It's unfortunate but true, as much as you don't want to admit it.

Sharks still have players in their team that were done for performance enhancing drugs, including their captain

moffla

Bench

Lol. Jealous twat :)

The_Shield

Juniors
they are one of the least supported football clubs in the city. Ahead of I guess Rebels and Melbourne City. Given their ten years of dominance in terms of results that makes them the worst in my opinion.
Had they chosen to play an attractive brand of football they would be playing in front of big crowds.

Yet they still average better crowds then some NRL teams.