What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we a chance on Sunday?

Noa

First Grade
Storm have peaked too soon. The Bronco's weren't a test for them and had given in fifteen minutes after the game started.

Finch is going to panic. Hayne and Keating are in. Slater will be nervous with Hayne around after the last confrontation. Eels are going to do it for their captain. Storm will be worried about Bellamy yelling at them. It's looking promising for the Eels.

:-s, we may be better off going to see a counsellor then playing on Sunday.

natheel

Coach
this game is kinda reminding me of another grand final that was played not long ago

1 one team was favourites comfortably
2 other team performed well and shocked people to get where they were
3 joe galuvao had a blinder (can u guess which gf im talking about)
4 a certain club stalwart made the tackle that defined and turned the match

im talking the 2003 19 - 6 win for penrith over roosters

roosters were playing their 2nd gf in a row (albeit storms 4th)
panthers were overwhelming under dogs

penrith won on their defence which i think parra will be able to do on sunday! plus parra love plying arvo/early night matches

also another GF mainly for the attacking prowess of both teams running into the final

Nth Queensland vs Tigers

natheel

Coach
I would say a 40% chance.

I hope Parra win, but Melbourne are experienced, ruthless, well drilled and have attacking weapons in Inglis and Slater.

I give you a 40% chance as the other mob have Finch.

and parra have attacking weapons in morts, hayne, burt, grothe and inu

the only reason people are thinking melb will win without trouble is the gf experience which i honestly dont think will phase parramatta

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We just need to go out there and continue to play positive football in attack. That is the way we are more dangerous and the best chance of success. I would love to see more interchange of passing between the forwards and run the Storm around in attack early on.

Trojan

Juniors
the only reason people are thinking melb will win without trouble is the gf experience which i honestly dont think will phase parramatta

The only thing Melbourne have over Parramatta is Grand Final experience??

You can't seriously believe that.

Storm by 20.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
and parra have attacking weapons in morts, hayne, burt, grothe and inu
No mate, Inglis, Slater and Hayne are in a class of their own at the moment, no one from any other team comes even close.

Grothe, Inu, Burt all fine attacker, but not in the above class.

I am no where near as confident tipping Melbourne this week as I was last week, and Parra were always going to beat the dogs once BK was back.

I am tipping storm but not confident like last weeks games.

yy_cheng

Coach
No mate, Inglis, Slater and Hayne are in a class of their own at the moment, no one from any other team comes even close.

I am no where near as confident tipping Melbourne this week as I was last week, and Parra were always going to beat the dogs once BK was back.

So you reckon Parra would've struggled if BK did not play?

strider

Post Whore
I've always thought, generally, the team that wins the GF has been close in the previous yr or 2 .... and unfortunately, thats not us .... but I give us a hell of a chance next year :lol:

but hey - i didn't think we'd make the 8 - and I didn't think we'd beat the dragons week 1 .... so WTF do I know \\\\:D/

won't stop me yelling and cheering like a f'n idiot

natheel

Coach

Storm by 20.

well whatmore do they have over parramatta honestly?

the 2 teams are very even and it wont be a blow out score imo like many ppl r predicting.

people seem to think coz storm have flogged 2 teams in the finals theyre better prepared? parramatta have been beating teams comfortably teams for 7 weeks prior to the finals and beat 1st 2nd and 3rd in consecutive weeks andn now everyone is writing them off....why?
i think its because they have played the previous 3 grand finals....only won one of them and were favs to beat brisbane who were written off in 06 but lost to broncos.

i just think this game will be closer than what alot of ppl r predicting

natheel

Coach

ok ill agree that slater inglis and hayne r in a league of their own at the moment more so slater and hayne than inglis though....but u cant say that with the way parra are playing that grothe, burt, morts and to a lesser extent inu (especially last week) that they shouldnt be considered danger players too even mateo u can put in there.

watch mateo go to a whole other level on sunday

Dave Q

Coach
Its rare to see a team perform so well as the storm did against the donkeys. It was close to perfection. Maybe they have peaked.

Enter Hindmarsh, one of the greatest footballers of our era.

If Hindy is up for this one, you are a remote chance of winning.

He is one of the few players that can tackle the opposition to a complete standstill.

The storm dont have anyone with this frightening defensive capability.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
Its rare to see a team perform so well as the storm did against the donkeys. It was close to perfection. Maybe they have peaked.

Enter Hindmarsh, one of the greatest footballers of our era.

If Hindy is up for this one, you are a remote chance of winning.

He is one of the few players that can tackle the opposition to a complete standstill.

The storm dont have anyone with this frightening defensive capability.

The Drags played an almost perfect game against Parra in the last round.

It is hard to do it in succession

im hearing a lot of facts and figures being thrown around in this thread but there is one variable that i think could get parra home: they want it more

does anyone here seriously believe the storm want to win this game more than the eels who haven't won the comp in 23 years? that any storm player wants to win more than cayless, hindmarsh and burt who suffered the disaster of 2001?
or the others who went through 2005?

sometimes tactics wins games, sometimes defence and attack wins games and sometimes games are quite simply won by the team who wants it the most, the team that will go the extra mile and make one more tackle, one more hitup and keep fighting down to the final siren through the pain and fatigue call me crazy if you want but thats why i think the eels will win plus there will be a massive crowd of parra supporters cheering their guts out for them

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Storm by 20.
Thanks for sharing Victorian, NOT!!

Parra have been riding the quest of a wave for the last 11 weeks, can we keep riding that wave for one more week??? God i hope so, Melbourne are a great side. You don't make 4 GF in row if you are no good. But we have been written off all season, we have the best player in world and we have Hindy!!!! We can do this :cool:

big boppa eel

Juniors
I'm not confident at all to be honest.

They are just clinical. They are primed and agressive and talented and they make me wet my pants in terror little bit when i think about what the score could be.

If we put up a gallant effort i will be happy. (In saying all of that, parramatta, FEEL FREE TO SURPRISE ME!!)
Because like alot of us Jess you think its too good to be true, that we are even in it is a minor miracle, surley we cant win it, you know what Jess WE CAN.