What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Meth

Staff member
Facts are that since 2006 Souths have been re-building towards becoming the most successful club of the modern era.
Facts are that many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position.

So next time, get your facts straight...

Those aren't facts

Juju

Juniors
Facts are that Souths WERE the least successful club of the modern era.
Facts are that Souths currently have more members than any NRL club (over 18,000)
Facts are that Souths are currently the most profitable Sydney based NRL club.
Facts are that Souths have been in the top eight for most of this season.
Facts are that Souths have still won more premierships than any other club.
Facts are that since 2006 Souths have been re-building towards becoming the most successful club of the modern era.
Facts are that many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position.

So next time, get your facts straight...

ha ha.
Facts are. None of the souths internet cowboy fans were born when souths last won the comp.
Facts are since the comp expanded out of Sydney, Souths have "won" more spoons than any other club.
THE BIG FACT IS performance wise - NO other club has a worse playing record ie: qualifying for the playoffs than Souths. Two decades, 1 finals apperance.
How many spoons???

Not trying to be cruel, Souths are obviously building nicely & have some dangerous talent on their books, But the way the fans go on its like they've won 10 of those 20 preimerships in last 10 years:sarcasm:

Nemesis

Bench
Nemesis seems confused by facts and opinions. Dope!
Dude, I was was taking the "juju" out of juju for stating as fact that "the bunnies ARE the least successful club of the modern era".... which is a subjective opinion, not a fact. Imbecile!

Meth

Staff member
Souths were great mid-20's-early 30's, early 50's-mid 50's, late 60's-early 70's.

Great history- but most Rugby League fans these days would not know what it is like to watch a truly decent Souths team. Your pride is based on what you have heard, not actually seen. The closest I have seen to a great Souths side was in 1989.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't think this should be about Souths.

Thing is, we can drop this game and still be a top-four contender. Hell, we lost to Souths twice in 2008 from memory including one at home when they were 1-11 at the time.

So whilst I'd love the two points, I won't say we're shot ducks if we lose. It's incredibly hard to win 5-6 whatever in a row in this competition and you're inevitably going to slip up after a while. I hope it's not this weekend, but the nature of the comp suggests a loss is around the corner.

But yes, it'll be a tough match and yes the Bunnies aren't the same without Luke at hooker. Etc etc.

Nemesis

Bench
i can think of at least eight, and probably even nine who would think otherwise.
What.. that wouldn't want to be in Souths strong financial position? That wouldn't want more than 18,000 members? That wouldn't want some of Souths players? That wouldn't want be in the top eight?... fmd :roll:

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bench
Your pride is based on what you have heard, not actually seen.
So now you're telling me what my own pride is based on?

Please sir, can I have some more?

Please+sir+I+want+some+more_2338_19483841_0_0_7023268_300.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
What.. that wouldn't want to be in Souths strong financial position? That wouldn't want more than 18,000 members? That wouldn't want some of Souths players? That wouldn't want be in the top eight?... fmd :roll:

i'm standing by my statement.

fmd you guys are easier to wind up than saints fans, and the funny part is you even came here looking for it.

Meth

Staff member
"Souths have been in the top eight for most of this season". :sarcasm:

You-
"Facts are that many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position.''

Dr Crane-
''i can think of at least eight, and probably even nine who would think otherwise.''

You-
What.. that wouldn't want to be in Souths strong financial position? That wouldn't want more than 18,000 members? That wouldn't want some of Souths players? That wouldn't want be in the top eight?... fmd''

You're not currently in the top 8, are you?

Meth

Staff member
So now you're telling me what my own pride is based on?

Please sir, can I have some more?

Please+sir+I+want+some+more_2338_19483841_0_0_7023268_300.jpg

You're the one playing the old ''Souths have won the most premierships'' card

Technically, that's true...but what's it worth when the current crop of supporters have had no joy in 30-40 years

Glory, Glory to South Sydney :roll:

Nemesis

Bench
You-
"Facts are that many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position.''

Dr Crane-
''i can think of at least eight, and probably even nine who would think otherwise.''

You-
What.. that wouldn't want to be in Souths strong financial position? That wouldn't want more than 18,000 members? That wouldn't want some of Souths players? That wouldn't want be in the top eight?... fmd''

You're not currently in the top 8, are you?
"Facts are that many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position.'' i.e many NRL clubs, not most or all. The overall context of "current postion" I stated as being financial health, membership levels etc. Also, I did not say that we were currently in the top eight... we were up until last week and have been for most of the season, unlike your mob.

You - dope.

Nemesis

Bench
You're the one playing the old ''Souths have won the most premierships'' card

Technically, that's true...but what's it worth when the current crop of supporters have had no joy in 30-40 years

Glory, Glory to South Sydney
Regardless, our currrent crop of supporters can still look at a cabinet full of 20 premiership trophies. Whilst your lot can can look at.... :sarcasm:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Regardless, our currrent crop of supporters can still look at a cabinet full of 20 premiership trophies. Whilst your lot can can look at.... :sarcasm:
piggins probably sold them to pay langmack and owen cragie.

Meth

Staff member

If you can see the trophies through the cobwebs