What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we going to lose Moltzen?

R2Coupe

Juniors
Yes, but I am very disappointed about Moltzen going. He is a smart footballer and that is why the Dragons want to sign him.

macnaz

Staff member
Im just shocked how a side can be suggested to win a comp and within half a season they are all suddenly seen as not good enough by the club. Anyway we are where we are now and the damage and disharmony has already been done so as much as it pisses me off to see some great players go i feel it is NOW in the clubs best interest that any player that has been affected and lost faith in the club should move on so some sort of future cohesion can start to take affect without all the negative players. I dont blame the players at all by saying that, i just feel a player who has lost their trust and respect in a football team would find it very difficult to continue to contribute 100% .

Last edited:
He has agreed to terms, but sill not official. Very close though.

To put it politely our season is rooted, our squads's morale is at absolute rock bottom.

The sad part is it is not player v player issues, it is dismay at management and their handling of this situation.

We all know players come and go, that's footy, but some of our players, including two of the most popular ones among the squad have been treated worse than the cows lined up for export to Indonesia.

A happy workplace is a successful workplace. This relates to a factory in Kingsgrove, a bank in the CBD and also an NRL club.

We need this sorted out.

macnaz

Staff member
Yep bubbles, A club in denial , they deny anyone is leaving and deny anyone is coming, deny anyone is unhappy ... its just a joke and Humpty has to take the blame for IT ALL, starting with re-signing the Toolman

Tigerm

Coach
Im just shocked how a side can be suggested to win a comp and within half a season they are all suddenly seen as not good enough by the club. Anyway we are where we are now and the damage and disharmony has already been done so as much as it pisses me off to see some great players go i feel it is NOW in the clubs best interest that any player that has been affected and lost faith in the club should move on so some sort of future cohesion can start to take affect without all the negative players. I dont blame the players at all by saying that, i just feel a player who has lost their trust and respect in a football team would find it very difficult to continue to contribute 100% .
Agree, but I do think we needed change. Though why we are airing it so publicly is strange.
IMO we surprised ourselves with last years results, injuries have cruelled us this year, so we will never know, if it was a fluke. But the previous years results, meant something had to happen & new blood was needed. I couldn't see this side being competitive against the current top 6?
I would be surprised if the senior players were not consulted on this. The only big surprise for me, was resigning Sheens.
Good results next year will mean all this is a distant memory, bad results must surely mean the end for some of the management team?

super_coach

First Grade
I think the whole thing is Sheens way of blame shifting from himself onto the players.

He has gone to Son of Big Kev and the board and said I cant get any more juice out of most of my playing group so I think we should re build a team around the few marque players we have. This is the same group of players who gave it one hell of a shake last year.

Maybe if the board had some brains they would have sent Sheens packing and back to the foot of the mountains where he came from and picked up a bloke like Steve georgarlis (excuse my spelling) who could put a bit of life back in the joint.

Anyway not going to happen now so maybe the big clean out is the only way forward as their dosn't seem to be many players in the coaches corner at present.

magpie_man

Juniors
our finance department needs the sack.
my opinion is that this entire fiasco stems from the salary cap screw-up earlier in the year; schubert is watching us like a hawk and now the club is feverishly shedding players and shredding contracts in a desperate attempt to try and stay under the cap.
the "we needed a change" line is a load of bs; we were tipped by most as genuine title contenders at the beginning of the year and were one game away from the grand final last season with practically the same squad. we have faced an injury crisis of cataclysmic proportions which has railroaded our season and caused the team to "underperform". nothing more, nothing less.

gronkathon

First Grade
The continual over-rating of our squad is unbeleivable.

Sheens should have gone but the fact remains that the majority of this squad are too mentally weak to play football of any quality in anything but spazmodic fashion. The players are mentally weak on top of Sheens inability to drive them and it all falls in a heap.

This in turn leads to a guy like Marshall overplaying his hand most weeks in order to try and get the majority of overpaid, underperforming blowhards to actually play the freaking game with any urgency.

The players we are rumoured to be losing may go on to look great at other clubs when surrounded by professional players rather than their mates but they may not. The point is they have had their chance and blown it every season bar one through pathetic mental weakness. The exception to the rule is Heighno. If we lose him it would be upsetting.

Yes Sheens should have been first to go but it does nothing to change the reality of our situation

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The continual over-rating of our squad is unbeleivable.

Sheens should have gone but the fact remains that the majority of this squad are too mentally weak to play football of any quality in anything but spazmodic fashion. The players are mentally weak on top of Sheens inability to drive them and it all falls in a heap.

This in turn leads to a guy like Marshall overplaying his hand most weeks in order to try and get the majority of overpaid, underperforming blowhards to actually play the freaking game with any urgency.

The players we are rumoured to be losing may go on to look great at other clubs when surrounded by professional players rather than their mates but they may not. The point is they have had their chance and blown it every season bar one through pathetic mental weakness. The exception to the rule is Heighno. If we lose him it would be upsetting.

Yes Sheens should have been first to go but it does nothing to change the reality of our situation

Spot on, as usual.

Hooch

Juniors
Yeah put me down as Sheens shifting blame off himself, his name is Shifty for a reason.

His created this bum buddy club but he'll throw them all in front of the tracks to save his own neck.

Though you blokes had your clean out a few years ago anyway, dont understand all this strife when you should just be steadily replacing ageing and underperforming players instead of paying massive overs for some prop/backrower from Melbourne who is playing like a busted anyway.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Good on him. I'm sure the change of scenery will make all the difference.

Can somebody please put a positive spin on this for me, next year we will have no, Fifita, Gibbs, Moltzen, Payten, McKinnon (all definites) Maybes = Fulton???, Hino???, Ryan???, Lui???...Did I forget anyone??? Against "possible" signings Blair & Dugan. WTF??? I know the losses & possible losses I mentioned aren't performing but it leaves us thin on depth....Who is the master coach gonna use in first grade next year???? Is he gonna bring back Fitzy ??? that was always his answer in the past... I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling our performances this year will seem sensational compared to what lays ahead of us for next year :roll:

R2Coupe

Juniors
The retention of outstanding Magpie junior talent such as Tedesco and Noafoloma. Tiger talent as well.

MacDougall

First Grade
We haven't lost anyone useful yet anyway. Moltzen has been annoyingly hovering around the team looking like a shag on a rock. Gibbs has been meh for years and Fifita runs sideways. If we lose Heighington that'll be pretty lame but even he isn't really a huge loss. Payten is old and worn out. Ryan is a nothing loss. McKinnon plays 30% of the season anyway. Daniela is a nothing loss if he is going to Brisbane. We'll still have Farah, Ellis, Marshall, Blair, Ayshford, Lawrence, Tuqiri, Galloway and probably more signings to come as well as juniors such as Koroibete, Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Finau, Naiyavaro, Sironen, Miller, Mullaney, Groat, Begovich, Roqica, Curran, Corby, Politoni. Then there are our current batch of improvers, Woods, Murdoch-Masila, Dwyer, Simona. This is just a useful cleanout. As long as Marshall and Farah don't sook about their mates leaving and see it for what it really is, needed.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Ryan and Heighington are next. I think that will be about it, Fulton was given permission to negotiate but nobody wanted him so I think he will stay.