What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we going to lose Moltzen?

Moltzen does not possess determination, grit or heart & is therefore much more of a liability than an asset,bye Tim i will not be sorry to see you go.

Talanexor

Juniors
Can you blame him for wanting to go?

He's a natural half. You have a great success rate when he's played in the halves.

And yet Tim Sheens makes him play all over the place - anywhere EXCEPT his natural position. Can you blame him for looking lost or lacking in confidence when he gets shunted around the place and forced to play in a position which doesn't suit him?

It would be pretty funny if Moltzen left, and then Lui did as well, and you'd be forced to look around for another halfback. Although I hear good things about your u20s half.

westie

Bench
At what point in Rugby League history has a scrum half's detail been to solely run the ball?

The young 20's half is Miller and he is a better prospect at half than Moltzen in my opinion. Lui is a better half or five eighth than Moltzen. So I really don't care if we lose Moltzen as long as the other 2 are signed up long term.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moltzen would be a very good addition to a club with a genuinely good 6 or 7 beside him and a quality hooker.

gronkathon

First Grade
He has asked for a release to either Cronulla or Souths (not sure which one). He is telling others he was let go buy he asked for the release.

No big loss. We have a ball running pivot of a much higher calibre

R2Coupe

Juniors
This may be a decision both parties regret. Moltzen is a fine player and with a bit more recovery time will no doubt be back to his best. I hope he stays.

macnaz

Staff member
Id rather see him go.. he is poor in any other position apart from halfback, and we all know he will not be picked ahead of Lui. So move on Tim and earn a fortune while playing in your correct position. All the best, ill look forward to watching your career blossom.

super_coach

First Grade
IMO he is a no6 that can play no7, as we have both no6 and 7 covered his money could be directed to positions that we are weak at and I guess that is what the club is doing. It would be madness to have a 250 grand player on the bench or plating state league

super_coach

First Grade
I do find it strange that the like of Gibbs,Fulton and Moltzon are reported to have ask the club for a release just when we have been linked with Blair, I get the feeling its the other way around where the club has gone to the players and told them their not in the 2012 plans your welcome to get yourself a good deal if possible.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yeah this seems to be a Bronson Harrison Mark 2 case.

I would rather Keep Moltzen if we played him as a half. But since we all know that wont happen there is no point us holding on to a sub standard full back and from Moltzen's point of view there is no point wasting your career being a project player when there are a lot of clubs crying out for a good half

super_coach

First Grade
One things for certain they have to find a quality full back if they are going to trouble the big guys. McKinnon has been good but his ability to string lots of games together with his hammy issues is a problem and it is so important fior a no1 to have speed and plenty of it. I would be targeting Locke

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
If we are going to use him as a utility he is fine to stay . If we are thinking of making him into a fullback then I will pay his taxi fare to whatever club he may choose next

macnaz

Staff member
One things for certain they have to find a quality full back if they are going to trouble the big guys. McKinnon has been good but his ability to string lots of games together with his hammy issues is a problem and it is so important fior a no1 to have speed and plenty of it. I would be targeting Locke

Agreed.. a fullback and throw in a game breaking speedy winger. Both more important positions to fill before we worry about spending a shtload on Blair

typicalfan

Coach
Moltzen would be a good fit at the Panthers where Walsh does most of the organising and kicking. Burns is a decent defender but that is about it, Moltzen under Gould would blossom into a very good five eighth in my opinion

super_coach

First Grade
When Mollzen first came into FG our super coach Sheens said how he had the longest and best boot in the club. Well on the few times he has kicked he has certainly never shown any super ability

Latest posts