What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we playing finals in 2021?

Jono078

Referee
This week is huge. Every game is like a playoff elimination for us now.

What is exciting though is this may well be the first time this season we've played our best 17 (excluding Lee of course).

Excited to see what we can do, even on a short turn around. Just hope we don't start so hard that we fade really bad.

Jono078

Referee
I'm absolutely not denying he's important to us because this year has definitely confirmed that if there was any doubt, but that's a bit of a rubbish stat I think.

Cool that we've won all 12 games he's scored in for us but he's played 66 games for us. Scoring a try doesn't mean he's fit and firing. Just a pretty stat without too much meaning for mine.

Alex28

Coach
I mean, if you want to ignore stats, just compare how we have played with him and without him. We are a much, much better team with him.

He cops a fair bit of shit in here, but to be honest most don’t appreciate any of the players we have, and a few have no idea.

I really hope the spine get some solid game time over the next 4 weeks. Let’s see what happens from there.

Jono078

Referee
What happens in the games where he doesn't score a try?
To answer your question, we are 21-31 in the game he hasn't scored a try.

Year Win Loss
2018 5 8
2019 3 13
2020 9 9
2021 4 1 He scored in a game we lost (Tigers), I didn't count this game either
TOTAL 21 31

EDIT: I should clarify I'm absolutely not saying he's NOT important - he is! Just wanted to answer in rebuttal to the dumb fluff stat really.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I mean, if you want to ignore stats, just compare how we have played with him and without him. We are a much, much better team with him.

He cops a fair bit of shit in here, but to be honest most don’t appreciate any of the players we have, and a few have no idea.

I really hope the spine get some solid game time over the next 4 weeks. Let’s see what happens from there.
I don't really know why it's even a discussion at this point. Stats, no stats, whatever. Go back and watch us play this year when he's on the field versus when he's not. Completely different team. Far more directed, composed, and with purpose. We actually lose against Brisbane if he's not on the field, no doubt at all.

Yeah, he can't kick. Yeah, he's got his faults. He's a real halfback, though. One of the leaders of the team, whether there's a C on his name or not - he was far more the captain on the weekend than KP was. Was a pretty textbook captains knock against Brisbane actually.

Alex28

Coach
I don't really know why it's even a discussion at this point. Stats, no stats, whatever. Go back and watch us play this year when he's on the field versus when he's not. Completely different team. Far more directed, composed, and with purpose. We actually lose against Brisbane if he's not on the field, no doubt at all.

Yeah, he can't kick. Yeah, he's got his faults. He's a real halfback, though. One of the leaders of the team, whether there's a C on his name or not - he was far more the captain on the weekend than KP was. Was a pretty textbook captains knock against Brisbane actually.
I think it probably came from a comment the other night suggesting Jake Clifford was a better half than Pearce which is just absurd. Then I saw that tweet - just thought it’s appropriate for this post that we are a much better team with him than without.

Jono078

Referee
Warriors have done a real solid for us today.

Next week against the Sharks is basically a playoff eliminator - huge game!

perverse

Referee
I think it probably came from a comment the other night suggesting Jake Clifford was a better half than Pearce which is just absurd. Then I saw that tweet - just thought it’s appropriate for this post that we are a much better team with him than without.
Yeah wasn't having a go at ya, just being rhetorical, agree 100%.

Apey

Staff member
Meh may as well have just said we won 5/7 games he's played this year. The opposition wasn't exactly amazing in all of those 7 but it's still a good record.

Alex28

Coach
So, we beat the Sharks we’ll end up 7th next week - Raiders aren’t beating the Storm, the Titans aren’t beating the Rabbits.

We really should be able to stay there. Better run than the Raiders and Titans. If we stay at full strength, no reason why we drop a game.

So, who ends up 6th? Could easily be Parramatta at this rate.

Apey

Staff member
Parra will likely finish 6th. We can probably afford to drop 1 game assuming favourites largely win.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Going off favourites winning, we can lose to the Titans (most likely loss?) and still make it.

mozza91

Coach
Meh may as well have just said we won 5/7 games he's played this year. The opposition wasn't exactly amazing in all of those 7 but it's still a good record.
4 from 13 without him says something aswell.

Jono078

Referee
Raiders looking like they might steal one from the Storm... Typical.. This would be a huge win for them which may just secure them a top 8 spot.

Latest posts