What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we playing finals in 2021?

Burwood

Bench
The good news is, we got into the 8 because we won games- not because other teams above us fell away and we limped over the line.
Even with our current 26 points and a game in hand, we get into 3/5 of the last finals series.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Having more wins than losses for the season is a win. As long as we win this week we will have that.

Yosh

Coach
I am happy that we made the finals but more happy to see our resilience the past month. I know we got smashed against the Storm and Roosters but the Sharks, Broncos and Titans really put us to the sword. I have no doubt any Knights team from the last decade would have lost all those matches.

I think what frustrates me the most, and probably a lot of others here, is the fact that we probably should be a lot better in attack. Previously, the roster was a huge issue but now that's not the case. Most people would agree we have a squad that should be challenging for the top 3-6 spot regularly. We just seem to play very boring and predictable football which is boring everyone watching the team.

Anyway, very proud of the team for securing the 7th spot. Was an ugly ugly ugly season but in a business where only results matter, we got to the finals. Now let's make our mark and get a couple of upsets!!

Zoidberg

First Grade
I am happy that we made the finals but more happy to see our resilience the past month. I know we got smashed against the Storm and Roosters but the Sharks, Broncos and Titans really put us to the sword. I have no doubt any Knights team from the last decade would have lost all those matches.

I think what frustrates me the most, and probably a lot of others here, is the fact that we probably should be a lot better in attack. Previously, the roster was a huge issue but now that's not the case. Most people would agree we have a squad that should be challenging for the top 3-6 spot regularly. We just seem to play very boring and predictable football which is boring everyone watching the team.

Anyway, very proud of the team for securing the 7th spot. Was an ugly ugly ugly season but in a business where only results matter, we got to the finals. Now let's make our mark and get a couple of upsets!!
We seem mentally more switched on than we have been for a while these last few weeks.
If we won the games earlier in the year we probably should have won (Tigers x 2, Dragons, Cowboys) we would be in 4th on the ladder right now.
That’s what we need to do next year from round 1.

Burwood

Bench
We are the Stephen Bradbury of the NRL... With 5 games to go, you watch them all fall down and crumble as we march on to hoisting the Provan Summons trophy.
Quite the prophetic statement.

Manu out, Mitchell likely as well. A weakened Souths and Roosters bodes well for us if we can somehow make it past the first week of finals.

Jono078

Referee
Go to the beginning of this thread, I've been calling the shots since April. I said all along if we got through our injury crisis we would come good at this time of the year and be hitting our peak, all whilst all these other teams have been slogging for supremacy and are now starting to flatline.

I'm keeping belief in my narrative! haha

Jono078

Referee
This season is by no means written in stone. We got to the finals and anything is possible now.

I acknowledge we need significant improvement but it’s nice to be in this position and being hopeful of causing some upsets.

Yosh

Coach
The Eels look shot for confidence and look beatable. The Roosters seem to have run out of gas after defying the odds all season. The Rabbits are strong but a lot less after they lose Mitchell. We already beat Manly once when they were at full strength.

If we face the Eels and win, we face the Roosters or Rabbits probably. Winnable. Verse the Storm or Panthers is tough. Probably bow out then but two wins in the finals will be fun.

ryana87

Juniors
Is there any early indication of where our first finals game will be played? And what day of the week?

Jono078

Referee
This is something I've always pondered and perhaps it's an obvious answer...

But how would everyone feel if we did make it to the grand final this year and then got annihilated in it against the likes of Panthers or Storm?

Obviously would be devastating. I don't know what I'm asking really.

Yosh

Coach
This is something I've always pondered and perhaps it's an obvious answer...

But how would everyone feel if we did make it to the grand final this year and then got annihilated in it against the likes of Panthers or Storm?

Obviously would be devastating. I don't know what I'm asking really.

If you told me two months ago that we were going to a final, regardless of the result, I would have spewed gold. Losing a final is tough but getting there, I would be super proud.