What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we playing finals in 2021?

Melbourne have been horrendous tonight. I would not read too much into it. Eels don't worry me at all.
Worst they've played in forever. Constantly sending it wide because they looked tired from being up for so long. I'm with you, Parra were OK but Melbourne were rubbish. I'd rather play the Roosters if I could choose though. They're cooked

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Parra may have just played their grand final. Can’t see them keeping that sort of intensity up long term. Although if they beat Penrith next week I’ll definitely take notice.

So I guess that opens the door for us to play the Roosters instead? Also not the worst outcome given how banged up they are. Obviously would rather avoid Manly but if results go as expected from here on in then Manly should land in 5th or even 4th spot.

Knight Tales

Juniors
A few sides getting the wobbles just before finals time. I'd consider getting to week 2 a huge step forward.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
As things stand right now, we will be playing the Roosters in week 1 of finals.

Next week's matchups that affect who we play in week 1 of the finals are as follows;

Raiders Vs Roosters - Should be an interesting battle. Basically a must win for the Roosters if they want a shot at the top 4. Raiders also need to win to be a chance of being 8th. I'm going to go Raiders here which basically secures us vs Roosters in wk1.

Eels Vs Panthers - I see Panthers resting players here. Eels continue to build momentum, win and be a chance at 4th spot.

Cowboys Vs Sea Eagles - Sea Eagles should win and that'll lock in 4th for them, even if Turbo is rested.

Biggest factors are you don't know who will be rested, but I'd say the odds are about 80% it'll be the Roosters we end up playing wk1.

Can't wait!

Jono078

Referee
We scraped home by a point against the 10th placed Titans so we're going to win the comp
This is actually a perfect example of why I am so excited. We're getting the job done in second gear.

I know we have a lot more to offer, we've seen it! We've kind of set a minimum standard in recent weeks, at least in defense. So if this attack starts clicking and Mann limits himself to one error, we'll be causing some trouble!

Knight Tales

Juniors
We need huge improvement though. The fight is great. Chasing the game if we fall behind is the concern.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Another nice bogey to break this year. 1st consecutive finals appearances since 2003.

Just on this. Anyone old enough to remember, what happened in 2004? It doesn’t stick out for me. My memory has us going great until the 2005 spoon year.

perverse

Referee
Another nice bogey to break this year. 1st consecutive finals appearances since 2003.

Just on this. Anyone old enough to remember, what happened in 2004? It doesn’t stick out for me. My memory has us going great until the 2005 spoon year.
Joey played 3 games that year, injured against Parra in round 3.

Jono078

Referee
David Seage the heir to O'Davis started the season on fire too, and did his ACL in the same game.

Buderus went on to be Dally M player of the year and also lead NSW to series win.

Kurt Gidley stepped up on occasions, including a wobbly FG to beat the Broncos at Suncorp.

Was also the year Daniel Abraham looked to have taken his game to the next level but broke his leg or did an ACL, some significant injury.

Also the year Carmont was a regular. Can only imagine the forums back then if we give Tuala's defense shit haha.

My memories of 2004 in a nutshell.

David Seage the heir to O'Davis started the season on fire too, and did his ACL in the same game.

Buderus went on to be Dally M player of the year and also lead NSW to series win.

Kurt Gidley stepped up on occasions, including a wobbly FG to beat the Broncos at Suncorp.

Was also the year Daniel Abraham looked to have taken his game to the next level but broke his leg or did an ACL, some significant injury.

Also the year Carmont was a regular. Can only imagine the forums back then if we give Tuala's defense shit haha.

I also remember Clint Newton being sent off in a game against St George after elbowing Ashton Sims in the face

Jono078

Referee
I also remember Clint Newton being sent off in a game against St George after elbowing Ashton Sims in the face
Ah yes I do remember that too! Off the kickoff or a dropout I believe.

Actually another memory too, Mark Hughes made a return from injury and had a blinder, getting a hattrick. Can’t remember who against but know it was late in the season.

Zoidberg

First Grade

Ah yes. Parts are coming back.
You kinda forget how often Joey had extended injuries. What could have been if he could’ve avoided those.

Jono078

Referee
We'll be the Sunday arvo game according to the Telegraph
Just like last year. I really hope it's a better effort than last year!

We actually started on fire against the Rabbitohs and then completely collapsed. I think that was the first game where Tuala completely shit the bed for us.

Latest posts