What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARLC Commission Changes

Apparently they all have a mantra tapped to their bathroom mirror and each morning they chant:

"this year I must do all I can to upset ECTs' sensibilities"

repeat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
C'mon, you defend everything they do. Two of them have just walked out because they have no faith in the organisation. Another has also said he's leaving. The commission now thinks the commission sucks. But you'll still toe the line.

Inability to accept opinions differing from yours.

So nice to have you aboard Mr Trump.
Pathetic.

Why didn't you go for Hitler?

I've said all along the commission is f**ked. Guess what. The commissioners themselves say the same. What more f**king proof do you need than the people themselves saying it. Can't accept reality? Clinton?

No, the commissioners havnt said that at all.

The commission will be around long after you. Imperfect as they are.
So why is a quarter of the commission walking out? You know things are f**ked when people drawing big pay cheques for doing nothing give them up. It must be more valuable to their reputation to walk away from the commission than to stay and keep cashing the cheques. Your precious news ltd chosen commission is no longer independent (as if it ever was). The thing you blindly support doesn't actually exist anymore. And yet I'm still here.

insert.pause

First Grade
So why is a quarter of the commission walking out? You know things are f**ked when people drawing big pay cheques for doing nothing give them up. It must be more valuable to their reputation to walk away from the commission than to stay and keep cashing the cheques. Your precious news ltd chosen commission is no longer independent (as if it ever was). The thing you blindly support doesn't actually exist anymore. And yet I'm still here.
how much do you think commissioners are paid? I doubt very much that it would exceed $50k a year, they aren't doing it for the money.

insert.pause

First Grade
Most people would be happy to sit on their arse doing nothing for $50k a year.
Sutcliffe would be earning a hell of a lot more as chairman of CSR, most of them could walk into board roles that require half the commitment and receive remuneration that dwarfs what they get to sit on the ARLC.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm not sorry to see the back of Graeme Samuel. Being an ex AFL commissioner I have never felt comfortable with him being involved with the NRL.

He was a big part in the modernisation of the vfl into a national competition independentLy run for the good of the game instead of the old guard Victorian clubs. He could clearly see the ARLC/nrl has no intention of doing the hard stuff to get to the same position.

The fact you don't like him because he was so successful in modernising the afl is indicative of why rl will remain a niche sport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Some Sydney based clubs would have to go to allow national expansion.

The VFL made some tough decisions. Are you suggesting that expansion would be painless? It would be okay for the winners, and it would be death for the losers. Imagine the s**t-storm.

Not necessarily in regards to numbers, we are only talking a max of 4 clubs over the next twenty years. If over saturation of Sydney means too many weak clubs to be confident to expand is a different matter I guess.

Sutcliffe would be earning a hell of a lot more as chairman of CSR, most of them could walk into board roles that require half the commitment and receive remuneration that dwarfs what they get to sit on the ARLC.
Half the commitments? What half of going to origin and the grand final and being waited on? Yeah it would be tough.

siv

First Grade

Because they know that their job is on the line after the clubs win the constutional change

So they are leaving fir their next gig rather than getting pushed

Usual business practices in the private sector

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Agreed but you do realise he bagged Smith for going solo on the TV deal with 9,and Samuels thought that plain stupid.Less money means less money to grassroots or what's the word again PR? Perth expansion.

You thought Smith getting the original 9 Tv deal was smart thinking.Samuels who is hardly a dumbo thought otherwise.

Now we have a clusterf*ck of losing 1/4 of the Commissioners,and Politis in reality virtually running the show .

NRL shooting themselves once again in the foot, nothing's changed.Too many self interested loons involved.

I still think Smith had the right of it. I reckon he saw that NewsLtd dramatically undervalued RL and decided to play a big hand...

It seems more like JGrant lost his stomach, let Smith take the fall. Then he handed over all of the trump-cards Smith had rounded up and asked News "please be gentle when you f*ck us"...

El Diablo

Post Whore
I still think Smith had the right of it. I reckon he saw that NewsLtd dramatically undervalued RL and decided to play a big hand...
nah

Smith got played by Gyngell

Samuels is the reason that 9 and Fox lost first and last rights and then Smith went and f**ked it all up